You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

• 3 weeks later...

Found Rico - turns out he is a black fella running for Governor in North Carolina:

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson (R), the leading GOP candidate for governor, said the government should arrest transgender people if they use bathrooms of their choice at a campaign rally earlier this month.

Video of the rally, first reported by The Washington Post, shows Robinson going on a tirade against the rights of transgender women.

“We’re going to defend women in this state,” he said. “That means if you’re a man on Friday night, and all of a sudden Saturday you feel like a woman and you want to go in the women’s bathroom in the hall, you will be arrested — or whatever we got to do to you.”

In another video from the same day, he told a crowd that “if you are confused [about which bathroom to use], find a corner outside somewhere. I’m sorry, we’re not tearing society down because of this.”

13 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Found Rico - turns out he is a black fella running for Governor in North Carolina:

North Carolina Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson (R), the leading GOP candidate for governor, said the government should arrest transgender people if they use bathrooms of their choice at a campaign rally earlier this month.

Video of the rally, first reported by The Washington Post, shows Robinson going on a tirade against the rights of transgender women.

“We’re going to defend women in this state,” he said. “That means if you’re a man on Friday night, and all of a sudden Saturday you feel like a woman and you want to go in the women’s bathroom in the hall, you will be arrested — or whatever we got to do to you.”

In another video from the same day, he told a crowd that “if you are confused [about which bathroom to use], find a corner outside somewhere. I’m sorry, we’re not tearing society down because of this.”

I'll never understand how public toilets became a battleground for right-wing cranks.

How would hitting a woman outside of your household be 'domestic abuse'? It would be assault then and now regardless of who did it. It's also not what's happened in the clip, the player in white has the ball and the player in black commits a foul trying to tie it up, getting whipped around as they fight for the ball. The refs calls it early to try and avoid the confrontation, should probably have considered a flagrant or tech if they feel the player in white is being overly aggressive after the whistle. Being ejected a few times to protect players should put a stop to it, especially if it starts costing them games.

Not convinced that individual should be allowed in the game in the first place, as I don't know anything about them, but also not seeing any evidence of one player abusing or assaulting three people.

56 minutes ago, Pidge said:

How would hitting a woman outside of your household be 'domestic abuse'? It would be assault then and now regardless of who did it. It's also not what's happened in the clip, the player in white has the ball and the player in black commits a foul trying to tie it up, getting whipped around as they fight for the ball. The refs calls it early to try and avoid the confrontation, should probably have considered a flagrant or tech if they feel the player in white is being overly aggressive after the whistle. Being ejected a few times to protect players should put a stop to it, especially if it starts costing them games.

Not convinced that individual should be allowed in the game in the first place, as I don't know anything about them, but also not seeing any evidence of one player abusing or assaulting three people.

Don't let that get in the way of Strontium and his trans hatred.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Pidge said:

Fucking hell. Three girls are injured by a man causing them to forfeit the game, and you're more concerned with the terminology used. Talk about missing the point.

Personally I'm not comfortable with girls and women being hurt because males are able to con their way into their sports, but I appreciate that's not a concern for misogynists.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Fucking hell. Three girls are injured by a man causing them to forfeit the game, and you're more concerned with the terminology used. Talk about missing the point.

Personally I'm not comfortable with girls and women being hurt because males are able to con their way into their sports, but I appreciate that's not a concern for misogynists.

But you're comfortable negging posts about women and children being blown up?

Fuck knows how you square that circle.

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It's simple.

The man is a complete and utter cunt. Brainwashed and sick in the head.

• Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Okay, well you can have a quick "fuck you" on the last comment and let's move on. There's no confirmation of how they were injured at all. Even the evidence we're presented with doesn't show what we're told it shows. It's an anecdotal story with questionable presentation. Also not sure who said it was brave either, but I left that bit.

I'm not comfortable with any school kids being given free reign to hurt other kids for under the excuse of sport and, as I said, it's part of the reason why there are referees. I explicitly mentioned that I'm not fully comfortable with trans athletes in some settings, but don't know the full situation here so can't say for sure. I am not sure if this is an unfortunate situation being politicised or a rabid abuser being given licence to attack girls, as it has been presented.

No one is in favour of the latter, but it should be said that there are also plenty of hallmarks that this may be the former so, in summary, stick your sanctimony up your arse.

• Upvote 2

As usual, there's a legitimate discussion to be had, but finding the kernel of truth through layers of rabidity for outrage is tough.

A team with a trans-girl plays one with cis ones. That's a discussion point (I remain uneasy with it). Players get injured leading to forfeit. All dandy, verifiable. Then, as is the template for such news, it becomes a series of one-upmanship tweets to become more outraged, adding further speculation as fact.

It becomes three players were injured by the trans-girl, the kid was taller than Richard Osman and sported a Desperate Dan beard. That's before nutty things like mentioning punches and domestic violence.

There really isn't a way to have a reasoned conversation on this topic. The jumping off point is always bullshit with a hint of truth (see also all drag queens are paedos - copyright Rico). Sadly, the truth is actually worth debating 

41 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Fuck knows what you're talking about more like. But if you ever work it out, please don't feel like you need to tell me, every thread on here has been derailed by this bullshit already.

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I bet Stronts was in full agreement with the cunts on Twitter calling Brianna Ghey by her birth name.

I'm not saying Strontium is responsible for her death, so let me just start with that.

But hate posts by the likes of him and Rico on here about trans women are consistent with the dangerous stuff out there in the media (press and social) that leads to the horrific death of a trans girl by evil little cunts who think it's fair game. 

You only have to look at the front page of a national paper today to see they're trying to say her death was a result of her being addicted to social media and not the fact there are just too many cunts out there who can't mind their own business. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Is this really an issue? How many on here know a trans person or have even interacted with?

I work with a trans woman and a trans man, that I know of. There may be more, but whatever people have or used to have in their undies is none of my business.

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I work with a trans woman and a trans man, that I know of. There may be more, but whatever people have or used to have in their undies is none of my business.

Totally agree. There is enough hate in the world so encouraging love can only be a good thing. Personally I have never met a trans person but I don't think it would be big deal. 

6 minutes ago, Carradona said:

I'm not saying Strontium is responsible for her death, so let me just start with that.

But hate posts by the likes of him and Rico on here about trans women are consistent with the dangerous stuff out there in the media (press and social) that leads to the horrific death of a trans girl by evil little cunts who think it's fair game. 

You only have to look at the front page of a national paper today to see they're trying to say her death was a result of her being addicted to social media and not the fact there are just too many cunts out there who can't mind their own business. 

"Hate post". A post reporting something that actually happened is a "hate post".

You are a ridiculous parody of a human being.