You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

11 hours ago, Mook said:

I have no radar for it at all, unless someone is screamingly obvious, I won't pick up on it.

I've found out in the last couple of months that most of the bar staff in the pub I drink in are gay & I had absolutely no idea.

Did you then have a look around at the clientele pal?

10 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Did you then have a look around at the clientele pal?

It's my local, it's full of miserable old men like me and a load of students on busier nights. It's about the only pub in the city centre without a rainbow flag up.

Like I say, I have no radar for it anyway.

15 minutes ago, Mook said:

It's my local, it's full of miserable old men like me and a load of students on busier nights. It's about the only pub in the city centre without a rainbow flag up.

Like I say, I have no radar for it anyway.

You need a Gaydar. That'll help.

12 hours ago, Mook said:

I have no radar for it at all, unless someone is screamingly obvious, I won't pick up on it.

I've found out in the last couple of months that most of the bar staff in the pub I drink in are gay & I had absolutely no idea.

Ywex7JKdtscGLOuZKUoY4sLZfbobgPgUL09ResbES7M.jpgbar staff at mooks local

1 minute ago, littletedwest said:

Ywex7JKdtscGLOuZKUoY4sLZfbobgPgUL09ResbES7M.jpgbar staff at mooks local

Ha ha, 90% of them are birds.

I would point out that I'm not remotely arsed that they're gay. I was just pointing out it's quite easy to go through life without really noticing you are mixing with gay people.

19 hours ago, Strontium said:

Fucking hell. Three girls are injured by a man causing them to forfeit the game, and you're more concerned with the terminology used. Talk about missing the point.

Personally I'm not comfortable with girls and women being hurt because males are able to con their way into their sports, but I appreciate that's not a concern for misogynists.

Serious question- About from being a troll? What do you actually get out of being on the forum?

18 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Is this really an issue? How many on here know a trans person or have even interacted with?

Most weeks whilst following my daughters F00t*all team. Her CM partner has just requested that people start calling them Cory as they understand more about their journey. 

There are also lots of Trans people in opposition teams that my daughter plays against. Whilst their birth gender may be that of Male their footballing abilities are certainly still behind the girls in the teams. 

My daughter and i hold conversations on this all of the time as it is something that affects her directly. As a CIS woman she also doesnt know where she stands on the subject matter. 

18 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

True. I've never met a gay person either and I mix a bit. Not my concern be whatever the fuck you want.

*Cough* BULLSHIT. 

52 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Should gay people have to declare their sexuality every time they see someone new? It’s a legitimate question. 

I mean you do all the time. Its like being Vegan. 

Hi My name is John and I am a raging Homosexual; look at my pockets. - Thats Facts. 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No gay person has to announce they're gay. My post was someone with as much world experience as PST never meeting a gay person surprises me. Especially when he's been in prison. 

HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO PRISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Serious question- About from being a troll? What do you actually get out of being on the forum?

That's not a serious question, it's a wanton insult poorly disguised as a question.

Yet again, for the benefit of you and all the other double figure IQs around here, having an opinion on something that differs from yours is not the same as trolling.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

That's not a serious question, it's a wanton insult poorly disguised as a question.

Yet again, for the benefit of you and all the other double figure IQs around here, having an opinion on something that differs from yours is not the same as trolling.

I agree. However I am on the forum because I have like minded people on here that I can discuss footballing and general topics with. 

They are like minded. 

How many like minded people do you have on the forum that you get to discuss things with?

I dont need your answers. Just evaluate yourself. 

Oh and the Negs hurt man- Can you stop pleaaaaase 

5 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

On trans kids, there are quite a few at the secondary school my teenager goes to. I suspect our kids are more clued up on it than we are. 

More accepting as they just see a person as a person. With no ulterior motive 

2 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

I agree. However I am on the forum because I have like minded people on here that I can discuss footballing and general topics with. 

They are like minded. 

How many like minded people do you have on the forum that you get to discuss things with?

I dont need your answers. Just evaluate yourself. 

Oh and the Negs hurt man- Can you stop pleaaaaase 

I don't really see any merit in this point, it's the same as ostracising someone for being transgender.

Should everyone on the forum have to agree on everything?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't really see any merit in this point, it's the same as ostracising someone for being transgender.

Because he is just trolling now. Its not even a discussion. 

a forumite is talking about inclusion for all and is called misogynistic. Come on......

edit: and I am not ostracising SD for his view points- Just asking if it isnt for trolling- why is he here?>

Having a difference of opinion = not trolling

Discussing the subject at hand in earnest = not trolling

Posting nonsense from social media to provoke a reaction and then attacking anyone that dares to question it = closer to trolling

Just self-righteousness, ultimately. Like how anyone that thinks you're acting a bellend must have "double figure IQs". Get over yourself.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Strontium said:

You’re an arrogant troll. And a shit human. 

25 minutes ago, Mook said:

Some people want an echo chamber, unfortunately, because they don't want their obvious bullshit to be challenged, no matter how many women and girls are harmed by it.

Oh, and they're also arrogant enough to believe that they speak for everyone. I guess I must have missed the survey of the entire forum when I wasn't looking.

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

How did you find out?

After drinking there for almost two years regularly, you start to get to know people I suppose.

One of the barmaids let my mate chat her up for 2hrs before announcing she is '100% dyke'. That was probably my favourite reveal.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

After drinking there for almost two years regularly, you start to get to know people I suppose.

One of the barmaids let my mate chat her up for 2hrs before announcing she is '100% dyke'. That was probably my favourite reveal.

So your mate - he's a bit dim?