You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Seems the house of cards is falling down. NHS making biological female wards only, various sports bodies bringing in common sense again. 

What a weird time the last few years will be to look back on. 

In fairness that's just the Tories trying to score an easy win, male, female, animal vegetable and mineral will continue to be dumped in corridors.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Seems the house of cards is falling down. NHS making biological female wards only, various sports bodies bringing in common sense again. 

What a weird time the last few years will be to look back on. 

Indeed.  It had to happen eventually. 

Soon all the people who were right behind it will pretend they thought it was rubbish all along and that ‘other people’ have finally seen sense.  

(That was why the question ‘Are transwomen women?’ was always so useful - the answer to that question is unequivocal).   

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

That might be the view of a lot of blokes until its their daughter/mother/wife stuck in a layby on a lonely road at midnight

I might be wrong, but I believe in that situation they will still be given priority. It's just the breakdown bods can't / won't say priority itself is specifically based on gender i.e. if Frank is broken down in the middle of the M1, but Susan is sitting in Tesco car park on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, she won't go to the head of the queue.

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I might be wrong, but I believe in that situation they will still be given priority. It's just the breakdown bods can't / won't say priority itself is specifically based on gender i.e. if Frank is broken down in the middle of the M1, but Susan is sitting in Tesco car park on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, she won't go to the head of the queue.

Yeah, I had a look online after I'd posted that and that seems the case. Still seems a bit daft that they cant say they will prioritise Susan over Frank if they are both in similar situations i.e. Lonely roads at midnight.

Again, lets pretend they are the same when they are not.

Mind you, Frankie and a boy named Sue makes it complicated. Fuck working for the AA.

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yeah, I had a look online after I'd posted that and that seems the case. Still seems a bit daft that they cant say they will prioritise Susan over Frank if they are both in similar situations i.e. Lonely roads at midnight.

Again, lets pretend they are the same when they are not.

Mind you, Frankie and a boy named Sue makes it complicated. Fuck working for the AA.

Yeah, I'd imagine they're just shit scared of getting sued somehow. I think all emergency services have to deny any form of prioritisation based solely on gender, age, race, etc. They can be considered contributing factors, but not part of a de facto hierarchy of response.

1 minute ago, Clem H Fandango said:

An ex of mine forgot that cars needed coolant and subsequently blew the head gasket ruining her shit car. 

They/them can go back of the queue.

Whats coolant?

• Haha 1

This poor girl - Gender GP will hopefully get prison time 

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Fam/2024/922.html

Telling that the couldn’t get anyone in the U.K. to be an expert witness, but the Aussie is scathing of Weberley.  No examination by a doctor, no follow up, no tests on the impacts of testosterone, massively over dosing her  AND no counselling.   

(Will the weirdos neg a post about child abuse? We’ll see and either way it’ll prove a point). 

• Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Negged, because it seemed like a dare to do so.

Ha! Good point 

The only alternative to a joke is sticking up for child abuse - I’m getting a word…

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

In the US cancer outcomes for black women are worse than other demographics. The American Cancer organisation are about to start a study to understand the causes.  

Participants have to identify as black and as a woman.  Identify.  

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

In the US cancer outcomes for black women are worse than other demographics. The American Cancer organisation are about to start a study to understand the causes.  

Participants have to identify as black and as a woman.  Identify.  

That’s me fucked then 

The Flying Bats are a team playing in an Aussie Women’s League.  They were formed in the 80’s as a lesbian team.  

Further back in this thread I asked how many men on a women’s team would be too many and was told it wouldn’t happen. 

The Flying Bats currently have 5 blokes in the team. Some opposition teams won’t play them and have forfeited games. Guess which teams are in trouble? 

• Downvote 1

There’s a report today of a kid who was raped, the rapist took her virginity.  

At the trial the rapist was referred to as ‘her’. The kid who was raped refused but everyone else did. The judge made the true crime of misgendering the rapist at one point and reconvened the court to apologise to the rapist. 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s a report today of a kid who was raped, the rapist took her virginity.  

At the trial the rapist was referred to as ‘her’. The kid who was raped refused but everyone else did. The judge made the true crime of misgendering the rapist at one point and reconvened the court to apologise to the rapist. 

Imagine being raped and having to hear about, "her penis." Shocking stuff. Clear that beasts are using this climate to avoid men's prisons. Many such cases. Luckily, the tide seems to be slowly turning back to normality. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Imagine being raped and having to hear about, "her penis." Shocking stuff. Clear that beasts are using this climate to avoid men's prisons. Many such cases. Luckily, the tide seems to be slowly turning back to normality. 

Commonly known as ‘Prison onset gender dysphoria’.  

When a nonce gets convicted we often hear it said ‘he’ll get what’s coming to him in prison’ and then some people deny blokes will lie to get out of prison.  

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is that definitely not some kind of wind up? If not he’s just getting off, disgusting if genuine. How have they allowed him in? 

well what happens when women try to stop men like him? 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is that definitely not some kind of wind up? If not he’s just getting off, disgusting if genuine. How have they allowed him in? 

Looks like one of the soldiers from Spaceballs.

Rowling seems to have gone a bit bonkers. 

I understand her having views but she shouldn't be using her platform to have a go at individuals the way she's doing.

Twitter does strange shit to people. I've lost count of the number of famous people (like Owen Jones, to be fair) who've started off making reasonable points and then just doubled down again and again until it just looks like they're shouting at clouds.

• Upvote 1