You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Mmm, it’s better now certainly. But was horrific before.  

The Rowling article gives loads of examples of Labour abandoning women. Starmer included.  They haven’t come around to this new position logically, they’ve been dragged kicking and screaming. Dont think it’s a consensus position either - there’s lots of MPs clueless on this.  Lammy for example. 

Lammy clueless you say?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think you’ll know EXACTLY the person I thought of when I read this. 

https://x.com/bevjacksonauth/status/1804252672570331337?s=46&t=wTmhxkVCGgzL1q3_vvfmTA

Bev Jackson, eh?

https://www.thepinknews.com/2020/08/21/lgb-alliance-founder-bev-jackson-heritage-foundation-tweets/

Screenshot_20240622_102535_Chrome.jpg

The LGB alliance that Jo Maugham and his  grifting business tried to remove charitable status and failed.  Cheerled by Pinks News who wrote literally hundreds of articles about JKR and who were in bed with Mermaids who are under investigation by the charity commission and have sacked their entire board? 

Now any comment on the article? 

Kier Starmer - On Biology I agree with what Tony Blair said the other day in relation to men having penises and women having vaginas, that's on the biology but their are some people who don't agree with the gender they are born into and they go through a lot of anxiety and distress and my view in life is to respect and give dignity to everyone whatever their position. I was worried at the way in which the debate was being conducted because it got very toxic, very divided and very hard line and we lost sight of people in that so much so that drags you to a place where we end up, as we did end up, with the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom making a trans joke when the mother of a murdered trans teenager was watching on.

JK Rowling - lAbOUR hAve ABAnDoned WoMen I CanT VotE fOr HiM.

1 minute ago, TD_LFC said:

Kier Starmer - On Biology I agree with what Tony Blair said the other day in relation to men having penises and women having vaginas, that's on the biology but their are some people who don't agree with the gender they are born into and they go through a lot of anxiety and distress and my view in life is to respect and give dignity to everyone whatever their position. I was worried at the way in which the debate was being conducted because it got very toxic, very divided and very hard line and we lost sight of people in that so much so that drags you to a place where we end up, as we did end up, with the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom making a trans joke when the mother of a murdered trans teenager was watching on.

JK Rowling - lAbOUR hAve ABAnDoned WoMen I CanT VotE fOr HiM.

It’s gets to a point where a woman making and having a perfectly rational belief has men (that’s means you) implying they are deranged.  

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Fuck, I had 4 minutes.

But what do you think about what she said? Didn’t read it?  

The toxicity in the debate came from one side and one side only.  People have gone to prison for what they’ve said to Duffield.  Convictions for people attacking JKR.  Useful idiots are ten a penny. 

"Pesky opinions" from one of Rowling's brunch buddies.

'That’s for two reasons – one of them is that every one of those people is a person who’s been damaged. But the second one is every one of those people is basically, you know, a huge problem to a sane world.”

Joyce continued: “If you’ve got people – whether they’re transitioned, whether they’re happily transitioned, whether they’re unhappily transitioned, whether they’re detransitioned – if you’ve got people who’ve dissociated from their sex in some way, every one of those people is someone who needs special accommodation in a sane world where we re-acknowledge the truth of sex.

“And I mean the people who’ve been damaged by it – the children who’ve been put through this – those people deserve every accommodation we can possibly make, but every one of them is a difficulty.”

6 minutes ago, Em City said:

"Pesky opinions" from one of Rowling's brunch buddies.

'That’s for two reasons – one of them is that every one of those people is a person who’s been damaged. But the second one is every one of those people is basically, you know, a huge problem to a sane world.”

Joyce continued: “If you’ve got people – whether they’re transitioned, whether they’re happily transitioned, whether they’re unhappily transitioned, whether they’re detransitioned – if you’ve got people who’ve dissociated from their sex in some way, every one of those people is someone who needs special accommodation in a sane world where we re-acknowledge the truth of sex.

“And I mean the people who’ve been damaged by it – the children who’ve been put through this – those people deserve every accommodation we can possibly make, but every one of them is a difficulty.”

It amazes me how low the comprehension skills are nowadays. Do you not get taught it at school anymore? 

Read that last paragraph again.  Slowly.  Then read it again. Slowly.  Then tell me what you think is bad about what she’s said.  

And I mean the people who’ve been damaged by it – the children who’ve been put through this –

The blinding quick pivot to "children" after saying "people" who have been damaged by it. Because it's all about protecting the little ones from these nefarious forces. It is inconvenient to consider there are adults who have made the transition and are now leading full, happy lives. It is only about protecting the wee ones, honest. Even when leading voices in the gender critical movement openly ally themselves with far right, anti-choice, anti-LGBQT+ hate groups, it's all permissible because it is in the interests of protecting women and children from those dastardly TRAs. Anyone who points out this glaring contradiction is only doing so because they hate women, obviously.

those people deserve every accommodation we can possibly make, but every one of them is a difficulty.

"Deserve every accommodation we can possibly make" sounds magnanimous until it's followed by a proviso calling them a "difficulty". No eugenicist vibes there at all.

It's okay though, Graham Linehan. I'll leave you to your echo chamber where you can convince yourself you're fighting the good fight. 

Not sure if this matters but if I had JK Rowlings money I wouldn’t give a flying fuck about any of this. 

Mind you I haven’t got a pot to piss in and I still don’t give a flying fuck. 

Hope this helps someone somewhere. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Em City said:

And I mean the people who’ve been damaged by it – the children who’ve been put through this –

The blinding quick pivot to "children" after saying "people" who have been damaged by it. Because it's all about protecting the little ones from these nefarious forces. It is inconvenient to consider there are adults who have made the transition and are now leading full, happy lives. It is only about protecting the wee ones, honest. Even when leading voices in the gender critical movement openly ally themselves with far right, anti-choice, anti-LGBQT+ hate groups, it's all permissible because it is in the interests of protecting women and children from those dastardly TRAs. Anyone who points out this glaring contradiction is only doing so because they hate women, obviously.

those people deserve every accommodation we can possibly make, but every one of them is a difficulty.

"Deserve every accommodation we can possibly make" sounds magnanimous until it's followed by a proviso calling them a "difficulty". No eugenicist vibes there at all.

It's okay though, Graham Linehan. I'll leave you to your echo chamber where you can convince yourself you're fighting the good fight. 

Fucking hell. It truly is like the stupid Olympics. 

5 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Nice to see you weren't drinking and arguing last night. Saving it up for today? 

Pathetic angry trolling cunt. Get laid.

Ha ha. If you don’t say stupid stuff I don’t need to tell you that you a fucking moron.  Cause and effect. 

(Just in case you don’t know I think you are thicker than mince). 

• Upvote 1