You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

16 hours ago, Strontium said:

I suspect it was the erotic fantasies about killing a local woman and stealing her identity which were the tipping point here.

It's a knee-jerk thing with you, isn't it.  You just refuse to have any basic human sympathy or empathy for people you class as "the other"; even when something tragic happens to them, your instinct is to find a way of blaming or smearing them.  It's an instinct that's highly valued in the editorial offices of The S*n.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That is truly shit.  It looks like the kind of stuff you get from a Diversity Committee composed entirely of middle-aged, middle-class, non-disabled, straight white men.

What annoys me is the utter futility and waste of public money. A sign on a toilet door is meant to be a demarcation, directing users to the right one. If the toilet is uni sex then there’s no point in having a sign that tells you this. It’s just shit tokenism. 

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's a knee-jerk thing with you, isn't it.  You just refuse to have any basic human sympathy or empathy for people you class as "the other"; even when something tragic happens to them, your instinct is to find a way of blaming or smearing them.  It's an instinct that's highly valued in the editorial offices of The S*n.

How do you know what I do or do not have? I was commenting on the dubious logic used by the Twitter user "Zach W. Lambert", whoever he is, who is cynically using a tragic event to push his own agenda.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2023 at 18:29, Section_31 said:

Now this is fucking stupid to be fair.

The International Chess Federation (FIDE) says it is temporarily banning transgender women from competing in its women's events.

It's over lads - erm lasses.

The world’s top chess federation has ruled that transgender women cannot compete in its official events for women until its officials make an assessment of gender change.

The decision by the Switzerland-based federation FIDE, published on Monday, has drawn criticism from advocacy groups and supporters of transgender rights.

FIDE said it and its member federations increasingly have received recognition requests from players who identify as transgender, and that the participation of transgender women would depend on an analysis of individual cases that could take up to two years.

“Change of gender is a change that has a significant impact on a player’s status and future eligibility to tournaments, therefore it can only be made if there is a relevant proof of the change provided,” the federation said.

“In the event that the gender was changed from a male to a female the player has no right to participate in official FIDE events for women until further FIDE’s decision is made,” it said.

Holders of women’s titles who change their genders to male would see those titles “abolished,” the federation said, while holding out the possibility of a reinstatement “if the person changes the gender back to a woman.”

“If a player has changed the gender from a man into a woman, all the previous titles remain eligible,” the federation said.

Pope invited trans women over for a pasta & meatballs dinner

A former sex worker sat next to the Pontiff making small talk as they had tiramisu for dessert.

Pope Francis has made strides in the Catholic Church’s acceptance of transgender people over recent months, but recently took a dramatic step to ensure that his message was being received.

A group of transgender women with a history of personally interacting with the Pontiff were invited to join 1000 other poor and homeless guests for lunch to mark the Catholic Church’s World Day of the Poor. The women were treated like VIPs, with one, a former sex worker, seated at the table with the Pope.

Current pope is a PR genious. Nothing ever changes with the Catholic Church, it is always the same antiquated uberconservative and sexually oppresive shit, but the pope is constantly being portrayed as some huge reformer and a big progressive figure. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Could you translate / sum up please? I can't get past the lack of punctuation (it's actually angering me a little) and can't be arsed looking up the acronyms. 

Woman feels guilty for craving a real dick because her "boyfriend" only has a strap-on.

23 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Could you translate / sum up please? I can't get past the lack of punctuation (it's actually angering me a little) and can't be arsed looking up the acronyms. 

Likelihood is it's some anti-trans twat making stuff up knowing it will go viral. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...