You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

31 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The below is why I've never read a line of that George Orwell author. A mate gave me one of his books once, 1984, it'll broaden your horizons he said. I couldn't be bothered reading the book  so instead watched a bit of the show that was lifted from the book, Big Brother.  Fucking hell! I'm a man of the world but I didn't want my horizons stretched that much. What the fuck was Orwell thinking?  Plus its probably been watered down for TV.  Everyone to their own but not for me.

I dread to think what Animal Farms about.

The first ever UK Big Brother was sound. The rest just full of weird cunts trying to get famous. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

The first ever UK Big Brother was sound. The rest just full of weird cunts trying to get famous. 

Was that the one with 'Nasty Nick' or something similar? I remember my missus and her mates being obsessed with it and fascinated by the games he was playing. They kind of watched the next couple and then just didn't bother any more.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Was that the one with 'Nasty Nick' or something similar? I remember my missus and her mates being obsessed with it and fascinated by the games he was playing. They kind of watched the next couple and then just didn't bother any more.

Yeah it was good because they were relatively normal people. Apprentice was the same, just ordinary business types rather than oddballs designed to induce fume. Ordinary people are actually quite interesting.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah it was good because they were relatively normal people. Apprentice was the same, just ordinary business types rather than oddballs designed to induce fume. Ordinary people are actually quite interesting.

That was it mate, regular folk. People you can relate to. Next thing it's trannies and Tourettes. No wonder it moved to Channel 5 although it's coming back next month on ITV2 isn't it? I'm betting it will be far more reflective of society 24 or so years on from the 1st one.... people identifying as rugs 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yep, rather than some influencer wank with a TikTok and Twitter profile to puff up.

16 hours ago, Mudface said:

He was done pretty dirty, he went in thinking it was a gameshow and tried to win. Was painted as an absolute villain (rather than just a bit of a bellend) by the show and national press. 

Must have been horrible for him when he got out and he had no frame of reference for how it would be covered when he went in. 

Even the Irish lad that got a stiffy after giving the fit one a massage probably isn't as embarrassed.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Moloko bird has had promotion of her album cancelled because of this tweet apparently. Even though she apologised (worst thing you can do).

Billy Bragg is backing her, might be wrong but thought he was all for the trans stuff a while back? I lose track.

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/r-is-n-murphys-record-label-ceases-promotion-of-her-new-record-following-transphobic-social/article_9217e450-3bc1-5995-bd78-2249fe65e90f.html

F4S63NIWgAA2aOF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/07/2023 at 16:53, Bjornebye said:

Trans woman has won Miss Netherlands

F0nYbYnaUAAJs6B?format=jpg&name=medium

This made me laugh

This lass has finished 2nd in a regional competition to compete in the Miss France -- didn't mention she was trans until after she won.

The streets of Limoges were colorful on Saturday September 9, 2023. Two thousand people marched for the pride march , which highlights all gender identities and different sexualities.

Among the bright flags and jovial faces, Lara Dumas. This biology student, currently in her second year, is the official first runner-up to Miss Haute-Vienne. On her chest, she sports a flag in the colors pink, blue and white. His flag. Lara Dumas is a young transgender woman. 

Lara Dumas at the Limoges pride march on September 9, 2023

11 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Is everyone on here a massive transphobe? Or is this just an outlet for things people sometimes think but feel they can’t say ‘in real life?’  There must be some balance to this right wing bullshit.

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.