You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.

That’s fair enough. I only really read the last page or so. But I agree there should be open debate not aggressive silencing.

10 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I might be wrong but it's more nuanced than that. Most people are happy enough to let Trans people get on with their lives. It's the literal non-stop pushing of the agenda, the pile-on's when people try to speak about their fears with men in women's toilets. That sort of thing. People are being silenced aggressively, even those trying to understand the movement. That's my take anyhow. Could be miles off.

I don't think anyone gave a fuck until the really bonkers stuff started doing the rounds, men going to women's prisons or running domestic violence shelters or kids being given irreversible treatments. Not to mention the flat earth style shit about multiple genders/sexes or them not even existing at all.

If anything, the more radical elements of the pro trans debate have harmed the cause with some of the nonsense around self ID and the relentless pursuit of people who're otherwise popular like JK Rowling.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I don't think anyone gave a fuck until the really bonkers stuff started doing the rounds, men going to women's prisons or running domestic violence shelters or kids being given irreversible treatments. Not to mention the flat earth style shit about multiple genders/sexes or them not even existing at all.

If anything, the more radical elements of the pro trans debate have harmed the cause with some of the nonsense around self ID and the relentless pursuit of people who're otherwise popular like JK Rowling.

Yea I tend to agree. Some elements have done more harm than good, to the extent that many Gay people don't want anything to do with Trans movements. 

Government will be loving it of course. They love nothing as much as the plebs are arguing with each other. 

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

And the prospect of self-ID with unquestioned access to female only spaces mooted. I think that was the trigger for this "battle" and it's really awful to see.  Too many people getting caught in the crossfire while extreme elements throw their grenades.

Despite a few decades without issues, as soon as this hit the sights of the religious zealots of the Evangelical right of American politics it was bound to become a culture war issue. Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. Can't wait for that thread to kick off here.

I really, really struggle to care about this issue I can’t lie. Honestly don't think I’ve met or even seen a trans person, I’ve seen transvestites but I don’t know if that’s even the same thing, that’s how little I know/care about it, how it garnishes so much outrage and cultural wars I’ll never know. 

9 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Government will be loving it of course. They love nothing as much as the plebs are arguing with each other. 

They are loving it precisely because it allows them to lump gay folk in w the freaks.

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. 

Yep.

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I really, really struggle to care about this issue I can’t lie. Honestly don't think I’ve met or even seen a trans person, I’ve seen transvestites but I don’t know if that’s even the same thing, that’s how little I know/care about it, how it garnishes so much outrage and cultural wars I’ll never know. 

It exists mostly in Twitter I'd say. 

8 hours ago, skend04 said:

Despite a few decades without issues, as soon as this hit the sights of the religious zealots of the Evangelical right of American politics it was bound to become a culture war issue. Gay rights are the ultimate target of the Evangelical movement in America. Can't wait for that thread to kick off here.

This was ace

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I don't know anyone who died or got especially sick from covid, but I'm told that was a big deal for a lot of people.

Personal experience can only take you so far. If you allow men into women's safe spaces willy-nilly, then it will have a knock-on effect for millions of women.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I don't know anyone who died or got especially sick from covid, but I'm told that was a big deal for a lot of people.

Personal experience can only take you so far. If you allow men into women's safe spaces willy-nilly, then it will have a knock-on effect for millions of women.

You're one horrible cunt you. 

Why a man who dry shags dogs arses is commenting on a trans thread I'll never know. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

Because I don't know anyone who died or got sick?

That's weird even by your standards.

Firstly, I don't believe you. You're that desperate to be right and think you're some sort of clever arse that you lie all the time.

Secondly "but I'm told that was a big deal for a lot of people." You know exactly what you were saying there you fucking little shit. People on here lost family members to covid and you're still coming out with your usual self-absorbed sarcastic poison. You're a fucking scrote. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Firstly, I don't believe you. You're that desperate to be right and think you're some sort of clever arse that you lie all the time.

Secondly "but I'm told that was a big deal for a lot of people." You know exactly what you were saying there you fucking little shit. People on here lost family members to covid and you're still coming out with your usual self-absorbed sarcastic poison. You're a fucking scrote. 

Your beliefs are consistently wrong, so I don't really care what you believe.

However the point I was making is literally the opposite one to what you're accusing me of, since I was telling Howdy he needs to look beyond his own self experiences and see what other people are saying and experiencing.

You are absolutely unhinged, truly.

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Your beliefs are consistently wrong, so I don't really care what you believe.

However the point I was making is literally the opposite one to what you're accusing me of, since I was telling Howdy he needs to look beyond his own self experiences and see what other people are saying and experiencing.

You are absolutely unhinged, truly.

How can a belief be wrong you fucking wedge  

And no, it isn't. You were making a smarmy "ooh look at me" comment about a subject you were constantly and spectacularly wrong on. You're a self absorbed boring flump. 

Unhinged? So what. At least I'm not a narcissistic, lying, thundercrab.  

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

How can a belief be wrong you fucking wedge  

And no, it isn't. You were making a smarmy "ooh look at me" comment about a subject you were constantly and spectacularly wrong on. You're a self absorbed boring flump. 

Unhinged? So what. At least I'm not a narcissistic, lying, thundercrab.  

Very easily, I provide Exhibit A: Flat earthers? 

• Upvote 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66910604

Louise Redknapp has pulled out of a tour with her former bandmates Eternal, amid allegations that two of the members refused to play LGBTQ festivals and Pride events.

The girl group, who had hits including Stay and Just A Step From Heaven in the 1990s, were due to reunite next year.

But sisters Easther and Vernie Bennett allegedly refused to play certain dates, over objections to trans issues.

Both Redknapp and fourth band member Kéllé Bryan walked away as a result.

Redknapp's publicist, Simon Jones, confirmed the development in a statement to the BBC.

"A message was sent to the team putting together the Eternal reunion stating that if it was to go ahead, neither Vernie nor Easther would perform at Pride shows or LGBTQ+ festivals," he said.

"This was because the duo felt that the gay community was being hijacked by the trans community and they do not support this.

"Louise is a huge supporter and ally of the LGBTQ+ community and both herself and Kéllé told the duo they would not work with anyone who held these views, and as such the reunion as a four would not be going ahead.

"The team behind the proposed Eternal reunion are gay including management, PR and tour promoter, and neither myself nor any of the team would work with artists who held such views about the trans community."

One for a Trans Positive thread?