You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

Sugar Ape

Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Should Corbyn remain as Labour leader?

He says, ‘Your verdict was that there was no exaggeration in public perceptions of antisemitism in Labour, and that Corbyn’s claims to the contrary were therefore factually wrong.’ but I’m not sure it did say that. I just read the conclusion and it didn’t seem to say that, it pointed out he couldn’t have reliably have known. 

I haven’t read the entire article you linked, because it’s just becoming tiresome (this Corbyn thing). My main issue with it is that it had fuck all to do with the report. Fucking hell. Politics in this country is just wank. The media are wankers who you have to collude with to get into power (Starmer will be on a Murdoch yacht before long... guaranteed), and big business funds it. Defund the politics. 

6 hours ago, Numero said:

He says, ‘Your verdict was that there was no exaggeration in public perceptions of antisemitism in Labour, and that Corbyn’s claims to the contrary were therefore factually wrong.’ but I’m not sure it did say that. I just read the conclusion and it didn’t seem to say that, it pointed out he couldn’t have reliably have known. 

I haven’t read the entire article you linked, because it’s just becoming tiresome (this Corbyn thing). My main issue with it is that it had fuck all to do with the report. Fucking hell. Politics in this country is just wank. The media are wankers who you have to collude with to get into power (Starmer will be on a Murdoch yacht before long... guaranteed), and big business funds it. Defund the politics. 

Yet you’ve spent god knows how long ridiculing any Corbyn supporters, telling them to get over it and they need to support Starmer despite them coming to your above conclusion long ago and not wanting to stand for it.  People like you have enabled this nonsense.   So when he is on Murdochs yacht and being led around by him if he gets in power and the country is still a polarised mess because of neo liberal Shite policy you’re going to have to think of a new argument to blame someone else whilst parroting what he’s doing isn’t economically right wing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Maybe I'm a centrist wet, but I'm probably going to reserve any criticism of Starmer for hobnobbing with Murdoch on his yacht until such a time as he actually does it.

We don't agree on much on the GF Strontz my man but I'll stand right by your side on this one. 

26 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Yet you’ve spent god knows how long ridiculing any Corbyn supporters, telling them to get over it and they need to support Starmer despite them coming to your above conclusion long ago and not wanting to stand for it.  People like you have enabled this nonsense.   So when he is on Murdochs yacht and being led around by him if he gets in power and the country is still a polarised mess because of neo liberal Shite policy you’re going to have to think of a new argument to blame someone else whilst parroting what he’s doing isn’t economically right wing.

What are you dribbling on about now? How have I enabled anything? Seriously, I want you to actually back that up with an answer. How have I, two-time Corbyn voter, enabled the Tories, collusion, or neoliberalism or whatever else you’re accusing me of. Surely you’re not saying I’ve enabled Starmer being on a yacht that he hasn’t been on? Starmer hasn’t been on any yacht; t’s shorthand (as that’s what Blair did) for him having to get favour of the media. And if he wants to beat the Tories, he’s going to have to. I just know a fact you seem unwilling to accept, it’s Starmer or a real neoliberal. I don’t have to like that the political system is broken to want to better of two options. 

And what conclusion? The one over been talking about on this forum for a decade. That politics sucks ass? Yeah, if only I was up to date as you. Who do I need to follow on Twitter for this level of insight? I couldn’t give a fuck about Starmer until he has some actual policies, so fuck him, fuck Murdoch, fuck Corbynites, fuck Corbyn (who is so incompetent that if he fell into a barrel of tits he’d come out sucking his thumb) and fuck you. Oh, and Rog, shame on you. 

That Lee Harpin seems to costs them a few quid 

Exclusive: Jewish Chronicle gets hit with another bill over article on Liverpool pensioner they’ve already paid damages to for ‘litany of lies’

Earlier this year, the Jewish Chronicle apologised and paid ‘undisclosed’ compensation to Liverpool pensioner Audrey White for a ‘litany of lies’ it had told in four articles by its hack Lee Harpin claiming that:

• White had lied about her date of birth to rejoin Labour
  • she had been repeatedly warned by the party about bullying
  • she had falsely claimed a councillor was being investigated by police
  • she had aggressively interrupted a Jewish MP during a meeting – when a recording proved that she and others had been asked to contribute and the MP had been able to continue speaking in a relaxed manner

All of it was false. The Chronicle was also hammered by IPSO, not only for its false claims but for its lack of cooperation during IPSO’s investigation.

Last week, the Chronicle had another go at Ms White – and has again found itself facing a bill. The original article used an image (shown above) of Ms White by Liverpool film-maker Phil Maxwell – but did so without permission. When Mr Maxwell found out his copyright had been breached, he contacted the paper, but said the condescending tone of a reply that offered to take down the image prompted him to send the Chronicle an invoice for its unauthorised use of his creation, in the amount of £750.

The Jewish Chronicle has had an expensive and embarrassing time lately. As well as the damages paid to Audrey White, the paper apologised and paid ‘substantial’ compensation to a Muslim woman councillor for ‘wholly untrue’ allegations – again by Harpin and again without defending its claims in court – that she had ‘orchestrated’ a campaign against a Jewish MP. In 2019, it paid £50,000 in damages, plus costs and an apology, to a charity that helps Palestinians after implying it had links to terrorism.

Phil Maxwell said he has told the paper that he will not take legal action over the ‘unlawful’ use of his image if the bill is settled.

The SKWAWKBOX contacted Jewish Chronicle editor Stephen Pollard for comment on the matter, asking:

Any comment on yet another blunder in view of the fact your paper had to apologise and pay damages to Ms White for a ‘litany of lies’ about her and now you’ve breached a photographer’s IP in attacking her again?

He had not responded by the time of publication.

https://skwawkbox.org/2020/12/17/exclusive-jewish-chronicle-gets-hit-with-another-bill-over-article-on-liverpool-pensioner-theyve-already-paid-damages-to-for-litany-of-lies/