You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

My confidence that calls for Klopp will be a distant memory in a few months are improving everyday, the only thing that could fuck things up is the nightmare start we have been given but I expect surprise results.

We've many winnable games at the start, sounds a little like you're loading up with fresh excuses just in case. Newly laid pitch maybe?

What the fuck is wrong with Ayre? He seems to be doing things right all of a sudden. Fast, no bullshit priced deals for players who have been touted as great players to be.

I'm pleasantly shocked.

I reckon enough people got a bollocking a few weeks back that everyone's now working overtime and getting the deals that need doing done. About a year too late but at least its something. 

What the fuck is wrong with Ayre? He seems to be doing things right all of a sudden. Fast, no bullshit priced deals for players who have been touted as great players to be.

I'm pleasantly shocked.

Rocket up arse from Mike Gordon.

I'd imagine that Gordon is in charge of saying yes and no on everything financially as well, and his phone is always on, this is his sole remit this summer to support LFC and get everyone bought by 1 July.

I think that cost is being put to the back of their mind for a year. Buy everyone we need, bed them in, try to win something and qualify for the CL, and then look at the bottom line next summer and re-adjust.

Stevie and Johnson off the books has freed-up over quarter of a million pounds in wages a week. Pretty sure Bogdan would be on less than Jones was, and the £5m from the sale of Aspas is like winning the lottery.

If we've agreed a fee for Clyne that's fucking great news. He gives us excellent balance with Moreno on the other side, and pace to burn.

We will still be pants next season. Firmino isn't going to transform anything, we've already got a younger Milner in Henderson and Clyne is no better than the 3 rightbacks we already have. This wholesale splashing of cash is nothing different from last summer especially when we haven't addressed centre midfield and Rodgers is in charge with a YTS coach to flip triangles with. Underwhelming to say the least.

• Upvote 1

We will still be pants next season. Firmino isn't going to transform anything, we've already got a younger Milner in Henderson and Clyne is no better than the 3 rightbacks we already have. This wholesale splashing of cash is nothing different from last summer especially when we haven't addressed centre midfield and Rodgers is in charge with a YTS coach to flip triangles with. Underwhelming to say the least.

Overly harsh assessment but, you're right, none of the getting our act together on the signings side of things will make any difference unless the manager can get the best out of the players, which he failed to do last season. So, it's promising, but certainly not time to start talking like we're going to improve drastically. 

Don't agree with the early assessment of our signings, but if they do end up not being improvements to our current crop of players, at least it's better than last season where we got so many players who came in on huge fees and weren't even hyped by the media.

I'll say that the spending this summer so far isn't mindless splashing like last season. It appears that they have at least thought about the fee that they would be willing to pay for, and stayed true to it.

I didn't know Victor Meldrew was a Red?

Haha I'm sat in my armchair typing this and chuntering at the same time. But really, what has changed from last season? Nothing that I see that improves us. We splashed the cash on 9 players last season and we are doing the same now. There's no plan, it's as we were stuff this, just a little bit earlier in the window.

We arent going to improve with Milner, ings, clyne, firmino and origi?

I think you're going to be in for a pleasant surprise...

Just as I wasn't surprised we achieved very little last season when quite a few on here thought we would win a cup and get 4th, I'll be the same unsurprised curmudgeonly cunt when we don't improve next season.

I think unless we get the central midfielder and striker we need, we won't improve that much at all even with these new heads.

Football is often about a critical mass - if you don't get it then everyone looks shite. If you do get it, then Djimi Traore can look decent for a spell.

Haha I'm sat in my armchair typing this and chuntering at the same time. But really, what has changed from last season? Nothing that I see that improves us. We splashed the cash on 9 players last season and we are doing the same now. There's no plan, it's as we were stuff this, just a little bit earlier in the window.

The fact that we're signing them early would suggest there is a plan though, would it not?