You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whistleblower exposes MMR Autism link

Arl arse

While I am for vaccination as it clearly works, there is no doubt in my mind that in isolated cases it causes issues.

I don't think anyone ever denied that people sometimes have very bad reactions to a vaccination. However the benefits conferred far outweigh the risk of side effects.

I don't think anyone ever denied that people sometimes have very bad reactions to a vaccination. However the benefits conferred far outweigh the risk of side effects.

The benefits of peanuts far outweigh the risk of side effects, unless you are allergic of course, in which case you can go into anaphylactic shock and die. 

The benefits of peanuts far outweigh the risk of side effects, unless you are allergic of course, in which case you can go into anaphylactic shock and die.

Ignoring the not impertinent fact that peanuts do not save thousands of lives a year, I'm not sure I follow your point. Are you claiming that some folk are allergic to vaccines?

The odds of autism caused by a vaccination are about the same as being crushed by a falling  peanut.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yer man himself recommends that children are vaccinated

"I regret that my coauthors and I omitted statistically significant information in our 2004 article published in the journal Pediatrics. The omitted data suggested that African American males who received the MMR vaccine before age 36 months were at increased risk for autism. Decisions were made regarding which findings to report after the data were collected, and I believe that the final study protocol was not followed.

I want to be absolutely clear that I believe vaccines have saved and continue to save countless lives. I would never suggest that any parent avoid vaccinating children of any race. Vaccines prevent serious diseases, and the risks associated with their administration are vastly outweighed by their individual and societal benefits."

No mention is made of the statistics of the 2004 report. The decision not to report "to prevent controversy" could have been because of flaws in the sampling, sampling size, non -reproducibilty, all sorts of reasons. The fact that he ties it in with the totally discredited dingbat  Wakefield tends to piss all over any credibility he himself had.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is there anything dennis tooth won't attack me about? Even when I am unambiguously correct, as in this instance.

I swear if I wrote that I was wholeheartedly opposed to the mulching of newborns to be used as fertiliser for cash crops, he would find an angle to get a dig in.

• Upvote 1

Is there anything dennis tooth won't attack me about? Even when I am unambiguously correct, as in this instance.

I swear if I wrote that I was wholeheartedly opposed to the mulching of newborns to be used as fertiliser for cash crops, he would find an angle to get a dig in.

You are not correct though not even remotely qualified to judge and making that claim wont change that.

Im sure you think you are correct to make your claim but you are not.

You do make some valid points on the ff tbf.

Im not the one dismissing stuff so why would I need to be the one justifying?

Wrong. It's accepted that vaccination is safe, some fucking weapons have said it's not. Stronts was taking the accepted position, you and your fellow weapons are challenging it. So...

• Upvote 2

Yeah.

We can do that into infinity it wont help.

Plus we had this conversation on a different subject before and he was trumped.

I simply wish people making claims would put the work in before making statements. He clearly has not engaged in the weighing up the merits of all sides.

Im insulted its so easy all I can do is observe and note the wrongness. I can make it fun too but it gets tiresome and so the only answer is to have even more fun an get creative with it pretend to dress up only til hes about to penetrate before i whip off the silly sordid fantasy outfit and shout pervert out the window as he runneth down the street. We know hes a wrong un and likes not to keep his wrong thoughts in the vast pittilis soul inside but as we have seen tis empty in his mangy soul his filth popped out his pimple soul a while back and hopes to infect neighbouring regions and while it shall be in vain for him regardless yet my evisceration of one spacial spatulafull of nonsense scents shall clear the air and allow more shrubberies to grow.

Yeah.

I simply wish people making claims would put the work in before making statements. He clearly has not engaged in the weighing up the merits of all sides.

Did you read the post by Agger's Elbow?

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

Vaccination saves thousands of lives a year. Am I supposed to weigh up the merits of thousands of children dying against the merits of thousands of children not dying?

Your claim was "Said the man without a clue about it.", referring to SD. Can you back up that assertion?

Yeah.

So the answer is "No" then.

• Upvote 1