You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mario Balotelli

WhiskeyJar

Let's have patience with him until January, there' is very little we can do before then anyway except keeping him on the bench, which doesn't help anybody. His movement today in that short cameo was encouraging for me, showing better link up with Sterling and the midfielders. I 've a feeling he was very much inspired by Lallana's performance as well as spurred by Rodger's public bashing. The boy has undoubted natural talent, it's a matter of helping him express it.

s

I've said he should be sold, doesn't fit the system, can't understand why we signed him...

And yet I've just put him in my fantasy team.

That's got to be a huge boost for the lad. Or a huge mistake by me.

Fucking hell Dave, the only other person to have him in their team is mario himself.

How about if the player we want to replace a player we are selling is not available then we should NOT be selling the player FSG wants to sell. How about that you Clangers cunt?

You spineless cunts, you write off a talented player after a month, a player who has not had the chance of having preseason with the team. That's the type of knowledgeable fans you are. Fucking shites, sick of you. Idiots.

How about if the player we want to replace a player we are selling is not available then we should NOT be selling the player FSG wants to sell. How about that you Clangers cunt?

You spineless cunts, you write off a talented player after a month, a player who has not had the chance of having preseason with the team. That's the type of knowledgeable fans you are. Fucking shites, sick of you. Idiots.

Jesus. 

You spineless cunts, you write off a talented player after a month, a player who has not had the chance of having preseason with the team. That's the type of knowledgeable fans you are. Fucking shites, sick of you. Idiots.

You only like him cos he's black. We'll have none of that Nubian solidarity here Captain Fuck.

• Upvote 3

No, I like him because he is a top striker and a decent lad. He has not adjusted yet to the team, while the team itself is in a transitional season. He was signed for a relatively decent low risk fee.

At the end of the day fuckers, if you don't like Balotelli, why did you not put pressure on your Gaylord Ayre to sign Falcao, after selling the World's best player, Suarez? You've consumed your time congratulating his transfer policy though, officially through articles in the fanzine. Now, it's Balotelli's fault for being unable to adjust to a new system the not even Sturridge can fully adopt to yet.

He's everyone's Gaylord.  

The African elephant in Nightcat's front room is the fact that Suarez wanted to go - there was no stopping him this time, as it was contractual.  Why was that?  Because it was the only way to get him to commit to playing for us last season.  

So stop stepping around those enormous elephant turds on your concrete floor nightcat, and realist that there was no way Ayre could have kept him on.   

Yes, you fucking moron, Suarez, may well wanted to go, but Ayre, fucked around two months before signing another striker and while some of world class options, like Di Maria or Falcao were gone.

How's that Balotelli's fault? Why didn't they sign him or someone better earlier in the window and give the player and the manager to work another month?

Not worried about Balotelli at all, yet. I have been very encouraged by his work rate actually. And also, surely he was bought to play with Sturridge, not up front on his own, so far they have had one game together, which we won 3-0.

It's amazing that, because of all the fanny fuckery going on in this thread, such a basic observation like above looks like an epiphany.

What's going on with Mario at the minute is the equivalent to asking Lambert to play at the tip of the diamond, and giving him a bollocking when it doesn't work.

It's amazing that, because of all the fanny fuckery going on in this thread, such a basic observation like above looks like an epiphany.

What's going on with Mario at the minute is the equivalent to asking Lambert to play at the tip of the diamond, and giving him a bollocking when it doesn't work.

I disagree, not attacking the ball, often being nowhere near the box and having to be told by a midfielder to make a run are nothing to do with systems. Also. It's not as though Balotelli is a msytery, he's a known - in fact infamous - quantity who's got it all to prove, and he's not.

• Upvote 2

Yes, you fucking moron, Suarez, may well wanted to go, but Ayre, fucked around two months before signing another striker and while some of world class options, like Di Maria or Falcao were gone.

How's that Balotelli's fault? Why didn't they sign him or someone better earlier in the window and give the player and the manager to work another month?

Oh, so the fact we didn't buy anyone was Ayre's fault?  Not the manager's?  And who the hell is blaming Balotelli?  Ayre can't go out and buy players without the manager's say so.  this isn't Chelsea.  

The manager's fault? I thought that there was a transfer committee? Did you forget about that?

In any case, of course it is NOT Balotelli's fault, as it is NOT Sakho's fault. I like them both, if the manager did not like the players, then the owners should have bought better ones. Especially this summer, there was cash available and we could have gone for MORE quality than quantity.

I disagree, not attacking the ball, often being nowhere near the box and having to be told by a midfielder to make a run are nothing to do with systems. Also. It's not as though Balotelli is a msytery, he's a known - in fact infamous - quantity who's got it all to prove, and he's not.

That happened once in one game. Yet in the game game, he linked up beautifully with Lallana to set up Sterling, yet he gets no credit for it.

He did plenty of linking up when he came on yesterday, and nobody had to tell him where to go.

He had 2 snap shots. One went just wide, the other was saved. He also played Sterling through with a lovely ball from midfield, but Sterling missed.

Not bad for a 15 minute substitute appearance. But people will still focus on what he's done in the past.

So we bought Balotelli to play with Sturridge even though he has better goal ratio as the lone striker.  Furthermore the high likelihood of Sturridge being injured for big chunks of the season suggest that this isnt the case at all.

Once Sturridge is fit, he should be the one playing upfront on his own rather than try and hope Balotelli starts playing well

That happened once in one game. Yet in the game game, he linked up beautifully with Lallana to set up Sterling, yet he gets no credit for it.

He did plenty of linking up when he came on yesterday, and nobody had to tell him where to go.

He had 2 snap shots. One went just wide, the other was saved. He also played Sterling through with a lovely ball from midfield, but Sterling missed.

Not bad for a 15 minute substitute appearance. But people will still focus on what he's done in the past.

Balotelli serves a "plan B" purpose. He doesn't fit the style of play we use anymore than Carroll did - in fact, all the rhetoric leveled at Carroll (as in panic last minute buying etc) applies to Balotelli.

It doesn't mean he cant be useful as an impact striker, or starting, if it looks warranted. However, Carroll, would have been of IDENTICAL use and we'd have already had use of his services over TWO seasons AND when you look back over those two years when we sorely missed strikers and plan B's, we'd be further head in development than we are now.

Isnt hindsight a wonderful thing?

The manager's fault? I thought that there was a transfer committee? Did you forget about that?

In any case, of course it is NOT Balotelli's fault, as it is NOT Sakho's fault. I like them both, if the manager did not like the players, then the owners should have bought better ones. Especially this summer, there was cash available and we could have gone for MORE quality than quantity.

I agree with that. Just don't think it can be Ayres fault.

Balotelli serves a "plan B" purpose. He doesn't fit the style of play we use anymore than Carroll did - in fact, all the rhetoric leveled at Carroll (as in panic last minute buying etc) applies to Balotelli.

It doesn't mean he cant be useful as an impact striker, or starting, if it looks warranted. However, Carroll, would have been of IDENTICAL use and we'd have already had use of his services over TWO seasons AND when you look back over those two years when we sorely missed strikers and plan B's, we'd be further head in development than we are now.

Isnt hindsight a wonderful thing?

It is, but no-one able to go to the toilet by themselves would have suggested that keeping that lazy drunk fuck at the club.

There is only a shallow window of time to impress, Mig's just realised that, he thought he could just coax along with mediocre performances, seven games in to the season and he's got one foot out the door, Sakho too. Either produce the good's quickly or get the fuck out. Lambert better get his arse into gear, the same goes for Balotelli because after a season of this shit they'll both be looking for a new club.

Now Balotelli is afforded new signing time, which is his right, but he doesn't fit our style of play, so unless this diamond with Sturridge clicks from the word go i can't see him here for long, here's to hoping it's a masterstroke, however unlikely.

It is, but no-one able to go to the toilet by themselves would have suggested that keeping that lazy drunk fuck at the club.

Carroll never got a fair go under Rodgers. Whatever the deterioration is, he showed promise at the tail end of Kenny's last season. Football is as much psychological as it is anything else, and if I had been dumped like Carroll was, at that stage in my career, my game would have suffered too.

We've talked about the supporting environment at the club for Suarez; well the same applied to Carroll. Kenny went the dstance and I'm damn sure he'd have got more potential out of the player. Rodgers is supposed to be a good coach who gets the best out of players -ahem - many give him the credit for Hendo's improvement, and here he is taking troublesome Balotelli.

No, I rate a fit Carroll who'd stayed in the Anfield environment at least as much as Balotelli, according to what Ive seen of him, and how much he isnt the Rodgers type.

But that's the problem with Carroll: he's not playing because he's not fit. How much football has he missed? What could we have done with him last season or this season if he was still here? He'd still be on the treatment table, unavailable to play. With Balotelli, even in his last season at Milan, he was available to play which means he had the opportunity to score (he played 30, scored 14 according to the interweb). I think he will score when he has a few more matches with us under his belt and with a partner like Sturridge on the pitch.