You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

We should use the whole squad as benefits us most til the end of the season, in my view.

Footballers come and go, all that matters is giving ourselves the best chance of qualifying for the Champions League next season and then winning it this season.

If he leaves having played a part in that, all the better.

Never argue with a Dr

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if he’s already signed a pre contract at Juve or elsewhere in January on the ridiculous advice from his agent then seen what we’ve been doing lately and thought “why am I listening to this idiot” decides he loves it here and wants to stay but it’s already too late as his pre contract and is ironclad. It’s a situation that’s kind of happened before, maybe his lawyers are busy looking for loopholes to get him out of it, like Alderweireld when he signed for Southampton but then decided not to bother.

Either way he’s an employee of the club and we need numbers at the moment, especially in midfield so if he’s fit he needs to play. Even if that means him playing in the final, we need to use him like players use us. Players come and go so I’m not arsed that he’s leaving more that the club are idiots for letting a potential £40m player leave for nothing.

Whilst we shouldn't have lost him on a free he's not worth £40million.  Who would have paid that for him.  The fact he's gone to a shit league and Juventus who arn't exactly renowned for paying high wages says it all.  Available for free yet no Madrid, Bayern, Barca could be fucked with him.

Whilst we shouldn't have lost him on a free he's not worth £40million. Who would have paid that for him. The fact he's gone to a shit league and Juventus who arn't exactly renowned for paying high wages says it all. Available for free yet no Madrid, Bayern, Barca could be fucked with him.

I don't know, I think £40m would have been a reasonable fee for a young talented German international. He's good. Not world class yet, and maybe never will be, but he's not a complete chump.

We've three fit midfielders, none of them that great, so it'd stupid not to use him for the rest of the season.

Not as stupid as going into next season without a midfield overall right enough.   Thankfully Kieta's arrival and Can forcing our hand is a good start.

I don't know, I think £40m would have been a reasonable fee for a young talented German international. He's good. Not world class yet, and maybe never will be, but he's not a complete chump.

Reasonable in our eyes maybe but we'd have never been offered anywhere near that and he's available on a free and has gone to Juve.  He's well established with plenty of game time and hardly young like Pogba when he moved to Juve.

Anyway fuck him the only downside is not picking up a fee for him.

Whilst we shouldn't have lost him on a free he's not worth £40million. Who would have paid that for him. The fact he's gone to a shit league and Juventus who arn't exactly renowned for paying high wages says it all. Available for free yet no Madrid, Bayern, Barca could be fucked with him.

Didn’t Juve bid £20m for him last summer knowing he could sign for them on a free just 6 months later and Klopp turned it down because he felt that he’d be more useful staying here to help us qualify for the CL and lose him on a free.

He’s a German international playing for one of Europe’s biggest clubs week in week out for a manager who can clearly spot a player, if he’s good enough a player for Klopp I’m guessing someone else would be willing to pay a lot of money simply based on the fact that Klopp rates him.

I like him and would love him to stay but he’s clearly off and it would serve him, the club and fans better if he just came out and declared his intentions. If he’s going to Juve and plays his last game for us in the CL Final and helps us win then I’d guess that he’d get a decent send off at the final whistle. If he’s going to Utd or City then he’s best not playing for us again because judging on comments on his Instagram from the other night, some Liverpool fans are already calling him a snake and telling him to “fuck off” and I dread to think of then shit he’d get if he ends up at either.

My head says he’s waiting until right at the end hoping Bayern come back in for him but my heart thinks he’s off to City or Utd, hence the reason he’s not come out and said where he’s going and also the fact that he’d have already signed for someone in a different country by now.

If he’s fit, or even close, he comes back into the fold as we need the numbers. Klopp likes players to train before picking them, so he would probably be on the bench, but I’ve no qualms with that.

I’d rather the final was Henderson, Milner and Gini. Can doesn’t play well with Henderson, and vice versa. Also, that trio got us there, and there’s something not right about displacing one of them for a man with one foot out the door. But put him on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...