You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

He will literally play every single game for them that he’s fit. People are deluding themselves if they think he won’t.

From the comments I've seen, most people seem to think he will do very well there. On the flip side, I can't imagine that many people really care that much as he has basically strung the club along. Personally I think Klopp saw that and whether he's injured or not, once he realised Can had no intention of staying he was done.

Best of luck, he will do very well there. But it's a poor league by the majority of standards.

Why will he play every game there? Khedira, Pjanic, Marchisio, Matuidi. Hardly a gang of mugs are they? He's a good player, and doubtless the move will suit him, but I'd be surprised if he starts as many league games when available as he has here.

Yeah, but pizza.

He wasn’t perfect, far from it and I’m not devastated he’s gone.

I’m just pissed it’ll cost £40m in this market to replace like for like unless we can get a quality Bosman in.

It’s a complete waste of £40m that should have been put to better use elsewhere.

Not sure why he pissed around and just didn’t sign a pre-contract in January, made him look a bit of a shithouse.

I honestly think he just wanted to get on the team sheet. He wanted people to think there was a chance he will stay (get captaincy, do his best for the team, celebrate with the players, etc) and then when it suited him he will get the best deal. I reckon he wanted to wait until after the final if he had a chance of playing, then when there was no chance he downed tools and signed up.

He's acted like the girl who you buy drinks for all night in the hope of winning over and then she leaves when the last drink has been had. I think they call it leverage.

The midfield will be better next season even without Can. 

Keita is much better. 

One other coming too? Neves the latest rumour. Quality player. 

And if the value thing grates, we could lose a midfield Bosman and gain one of similar quality and value in Max Meyer. 

We will be fine. Good luck to Emre Can and all that, but there's the door. 

We are Liverpool and we are marching up the hill. 

I honestly think he just wanted to get on the team sheet. He wanted people to think there was a chance he will stay (get captaincy, do his best for the team, celebrate with the players, etc) and then when it suited him he will get the best deal. I reckon he wanted to wait until after the final if he had a chance of playing, then when there was no chance he downed tools and signed up.

He's acted like the girl who you buy drinks for all night in the hope of winning over and then she leaves when the last drink has been had. I think they call it leverage.

Follow the logic SitM but didn't Klopp make it clear that he would play whether he signed or not.

He wasn’t perfect, far from it and I’m not devastated he’s gone.

I’m just pissed it’ll cost £40m in this market to replace like for like unless we can get a quality Bosman in.

It’s a complete waste of £40m that should have been put to better use elsewhere.

Well if we get a decent player it's far from a complete waste.  We'll have upgraded our desperately poor midfield options.

Follow the logic SitM but didn't Klopp make it clear that he would play whether he signed or not.

Kind of like the guy who is buying the drinks checking how much money he has left and taking the drinks over with a broad grin on his face as he really doesn't mind what happens after buying all the drinks when privately he really hopes this works and will be well pissed off when it doesn't!

A weird one for me. Seems to do everything ok but never excels in any one single department.

He is anonymous at his worst and average at his best. Has a few interesting moments but other than that he offers very little.

His work rate will be missed.