You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Do you think we should leave him out of the squad?

I would, seems silly like - but I would leave him out, and I was one who three months ago said we should work him like a government mule until he left.

I think there have been some serious shenanigans during that time. Doesn't deserve to play tbh.

• Upvote 1

Juventus CEO and general manager Beppe Marotta hopes to confirm the signing of Liverpool midfielder Emre Can after the Champions League final.

The Reds will play Real Madrid in the final in Kiev on May 26 after Jurgen Klopp’s men overcame Roma in the semi-finals to reach the showpiece event.

Speculation is rife that Can will not renew his deal at Liverpool and will join Juventus on a free transfer this summer and Marotta confirmed that they are closing in on their man.

“In the past year, there is great optimism regarding Emre Can,” Marotta told Mediaset Premium. “We hope to confirm his signing after the Champions League finale”.

I hope he makes the bench and comes on to score the winning goal. And when he has his after-match Ribena I hope he drinks the whole glass before realizing he forgot to do dilute it.

Fuck, is it supposed to be diluted. Doesn't say it in the song on the advert.

I hope when he goes the offie he buys a Wispa gold and puts it in the back pocket of his white shorts, only for him to forget about it and it melts.

Later on he sits down and it bursts, making it look like he's shat himself.

• Upvote 2

I would, seems silly like - but I would leave him out, and I was one who three months ago said we should work him like a government mule until he left.

I think there have been some serious shenanigans during that time. Doesn't deserve to play tbh.

As William Munny told Little Bill "deserve's got nothing to do with it".

If he's fit, he can take a ticket and get in line with all our other fit midfielders.

If fit he should be in tbe squad

He was professional during the year and decided to go elsewhere. Better plays have forced their clubs hand to sell tobus or join us on a free and better players have walked. But hypocritical to moan about him leaving after the shit ww have got up to unsettling players to force moves.

Still cant believe people think he was sitting out uninjured. The lads now not going to the world cup amd has missed the most important matches in his career while being out.

• Upvote 1

He was professional during the year and decided to go elsewhere. Better plays have forced their clubs hand to sell tobus or join us on a free and better players have walked. But hypocritical to moan about him leaving after the shit ww have got up to unsettling players to force moves.

Still cant believe people think he was sitting out uninjured. The lads now not going to the world cup amd has missed the most important matches in his career while being out.

Yeah, missing the WC squad is a pretty good indicator he's not faking it.

I don’t necessarily believe he was faking it but somethings gone on, whether that is he’s informed Klopp and the club his intentions of leaving and they’ve told him to stay away from the club for a while I don’t know.

He was obviously injured at the start of it all because he went off in the first half of a game but since then he’s been almost back a few times, he’s been in Germany the whole time during his period out. Surely that’s not normal, for a player to be out injured and be nowhere near the club whilst he is. I know Germany’s not thousands of miles away but if he was as close to a return as been rumoured a few times then the club would have to assess him on a regular basis. I just think Klopp doesn’t want anyone who’s not fully committed anywhere near this squad.

I just think Klopp doesn’t want anyone who’s not fully committed anywhere near this squad.

Probably right. If he's fit then pragmatism says have him on the bench just in case. But I wouldn't lose any sleep if Klopp left him at home.