You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

I can’t believe how underrated Can is on here. He’s an all rounder and excels in winning his midfield battle, he’s great in the air, a good passer a good shot on him, reads the game well, gets around the pitch well and has a bit of flair that many midfielders don’t have. I’ll miss those mad charges up the pitch he does. Very very good player who always showed up for us in the big games, like Wijnaldum the bigger the opponent the better he played.

• Upvote 3

Why will he play every game there? Khedira, Pjanic, Marchisio, Matuidi. Hardly a gang of mugs are they? He's a good player, and doubtless the move will suit him, but I'd be surprised if he starts as many league games when available as he has here.

He will play every game because apart from Pjanic they’re all the wrong side of 30. They will build their midfield around him and he will be great for them because the league is easier and slower. They aren’t going to bring him in on 100k a week and bench him. I suppose we will see next season either way.

He wasn’t perfect, far from it and I’m not devastated he’s gone.

I’m just pissed it’ll cost £40m in this market to replace like for like unless we can get a quality Bosman in.

It’s a complete waste of £40m that should have been put to better use elsewhere.

The club and Klopp specifically will have weighed all this up. They will have known 2 years ago when he didn’t sign a new deal the likelihood would be he was running his contract down. Had we tried to sell him then we would have been lucky to get 20m for him and we were struggling to attract players.

The club clearly decided it was best to let him run his contract down and use him to help qualify for the champions league so we could attract a better quality of player to replace him when he left and it’s worked. The club have spent buttons in terms of net spend so I doubt they are too arsed about losing out on a transfer fee for Can because they’ve more than made their money out of him in terms of him helping the club get back in the big time.

• Upvote 1

How much we miss him will depend on what we do in  the summer transfer market.

With him leaving, I think we need to sign two midfielders (even with Keita arriving).

He is replaceable, but look at the difference he'd make to our squad right now if he was fit and available.

We cannot be in the situation we are now this time next season. None of our central midfielders have shown that they can stay fit for a full season, so we need reinforcements.

I am really not that disappointed in the player leaving. He put in some very good performances but nowhere near enough for me. Not quick enough in the head or feet I was beginning to think his middle names were give the ball away.

What does disappoint me is the club getting nothing for him but we would have had to sell him last season or the year before and the anti FSG mob would have lapped that up. I honestly think we can find better.

I can’t believe how underrated Can is on here.

It's because he is average and does a bit if everything.

He’s an all rounder and excels in winning his midfield battle, he’s great in the air, a good passer a good shot on him, reads the game well, gets around the pitch well and has a bit of flair that many midfielders don’t have.

Keita is all of that and more. A massive upgrade.

I’ll miss those mad charges up the pitch he does.

I won't, there are a bit reckless and leaves the middle open to counterattack.

Very very good player who always showed up for us in the big games, like Wijnaldum the bigger the opponent the better he played.

He won't be missed.

Signs for Juventus. Sees us qualify for CL final. Realizes this might be a once in a life time chance. Then boooff! Miracle. Hallelujah. Back pain vanishes Gone Fresh as a fiddle. Well in Emre

Has he declared himself fit and available for the Champions League Final and the World Cup? Emre Can Fuck Off.

We should use the whole squad as benefits us most til the end of the season, in my view.

Footballers come and go, all that matters is giving ourselves the best chance of qualifying for the Champions League next season and then winning it this season.

If he leaves having played a part in that, all the better.

• Upvote 5

He plays if he's fit and we need him. We have 3 games left and need the options.

He may well not turn up in the league games, but he'd 100% get the hair gel out for the final if he was selected and he wouldn't do his usual strolling about with a medal at stake. No better way to depart a club than a CL medal.

Also, beggars can't be choosers. We need players available.