You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emre Can

WhiskeyJar

Guest Alex_K

Would have him in a penalty shoot out. If Can & Lallana can reach some semblance of fitness over the next 10 days or so and the rest of the side if fit, then we'll at least have some prescence on the bench. No Didi Hamann calming influece this time round though: its going to be a helter skelter game for us one way or the other. I just really, really hope Madrid won't have played a side with energy likes ours all season. Can't think there's a similar side in La Liga?

Would have him in a penalty shoot out. If Can & Lallana can reach some semblance of fitness over the next 10 days or so and the rest of the side if fit, then we'll at least have some prescence on the bench. No Didi Hamann calming influece this time round though: its going to be a helter skelter game for us one way or the other. I just really, really hope Madrid won't have played a side with energy likes ours all season. Can't think there's a similar side in La Liga?

Almost all sides in Spain try to press high and in an intelligent fashion, but none of them will have had the athleticism we possess. 

In any case, Madrid are freakishly fit. We won't be bullying them. We'll have to smash and grab and catch them on the counter to beat them. 

I hope that when he goes to bed to watch some telly before sleep, he spends ages trying to find the remote and when he does eventually find it he gets into bed only to find it is the remote for an old Sky box and he has to get out of bed and search again.

• Upvote 8

I hope that when he goes to bed to watch some telly before sleep, he spends ages trying to find the remote and when he does eventually find it he gets into bed only to find it is the remote for an old Sky box and he has to get out of bed and search again.

Has this happened to you? How many Sky boxes have you got in your bedroom?

• Upvote 1

You’re responsible for the Saw films, Jennings, aren’t you?

• Upvote 1

And when he finds the right one the battery is dead.

And he doesn't have a spare.

• Upvote 1

I hope he slips down some decking steps on a camp site just outside Paris and damages the muscle in the top of his right arse cheek so he can't wipe his own arse, tie his shoe laces or even get out of bed without having to writhe in fucking agony for at least the next week.

• Upvote 3

I hope he gets a letter from his electricity company saying his supply is going to be cut off at midnight, and when he phones them to provide proof the bill was paid weeks ago, gets cycled through hundreds of options before finally ending up on hold listening to Ed Sheeran’s The Castle On The Hill for 6 hours.

• Upvote 4

Guest Alex_K

Almost all sides in Spain try to press high and in an intelligent fashion, but none of them will have had the athleticism we possess.

In any case, Madrid are freakishly fit. We won't be bullying them. We'll have to smash and grab and catch them on the counter to beat them. 

Are they still? I speak as someone totally ignorant to how Madrid play, so its a genuine question. Looking at them on paper they seem a really old side -- Ramos, Modric, Ronaldo 32+; Marcelo & Benzema also on the other side of 30. Why did they come 15 pts behind Barca?