You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge: Loving Every Minute

Lario

• 1 month later...

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na 

He wears 14

and he plays in red

Daniel Sturridge

He hates manc cunts

and he hates the blues too

Daniel Sturridge

He'll beat you in a race 

and he'll ride your bird 

Daniel Sturridge

He leads the line

For Liverpool

Daniel Sturridge

na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na 

This is to the tune of Blur's Country House, the chorus part.

Thats it there for those of you who dont know it. The words need improving but Daniel Sturridge works well in the 'In the country' bit.

Nowhere near as bad a player as a lot of people make out either. Give him a season under Rodgers and I reckon he'd be a bit tasty.

I doubt Wellbeck would be tasty even if you dipped him in chocolate sauce.  He obviously has something about him, but that's stretching it a bit far.

He does come across as a nice fella, but I'm still happy that he's in their squad and not ours.

I think Sturridge may improve again this season, coming out of Suarez's shade so to speak.  Hopefully he'll steer clear of injuries and flourish further.  Just wish he wasn't Ingerrlund's number one, 'cos knowing our luck that's when he'll get injured.  Playing for fucking Woy.

That Sturridge and Ibe video really makes you feel old! Ibe didn't have a clue about a lot of those songs until you realise he was only about 6 or 7 when the likes of Eminem were in their pomp, and he was still in nappies when 2Pac and Biggie were getting themselves shot! Sturridge clearly likes a laugh and a joke even if it's at his own expense.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like every time they read an article by vice they can't help but come to the conclusion that the writer comes off as a pretentious cunt with an insatiable "know-it-all" complex? Or maybe it just seems like they're trying too hard to be "cool"? or both?

Which leads me to another question, is vice the world's first hipster news-website?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like every time they read an article by vice they can't help but come to the conclusion that the writer comes off as a pretentious cunt with an insatiable "know-it-all" complex? Or maybe it just seems like they're trying too hard to be "cool"? or both?

Which leads me to another question, is vice the world's first hipster news-website?

First and probably last article I've ever read from them. Presumed they were a hipster site from that article so didn't bother clicking on anything else

First and probably last article I've ever read from them. Presumed they were a hipster site from that article so didn't bother clicking on anything else

Fair enough, they have a show on HBO over here that's actually pretty good and fairly unbiased (at least the ones I've seen anyway), so I've given a few of their articles a read but I always end up feeling like the writer needs to be taken down a few knotches,

• 5 weeks later...

Watching sturridge today made me realise he is the best player at the club right now, other players have great potential but on current ability he is the best.

A new contract was talked about before the summer window and we have seen how insecure players can become with what happened with Gerrard after the cl win.

I think a few players are on a higher wage then him and a new contract needs to be sorted for him soon that reflects his value to the club.

He's now injured and will miss the next England game and probably the next couple of Liverpool games. There are even stories (unfounded) that he'll be out for 4 months. Normally I'd say that kind of rumour is just scaremongering but when it comes to our players getting injured while on England duty, they always seem to be out for quite a long time.

This is not aimed at Hodgson or his staff because it's something I've noticed in the sport in general, but why do players that have been subbed immediately go and sit on the bench? I know the players will do a warm down after the game but the ones that have been subbed could be sitting around for quite a while before doing that warm down. Isn't is possible that they could tighten up a little during this time - particularly the ones that rely on their explosiveness and athleticism?

Sports scientists and medical experts will no doubt be fully aware of all this, but to a layman like me it does seem a little bit odd to go from a high intensity workout onto a period of doing nothing followed by a light workout. 

I'm only mentioning this because Sturridge was subbed and sat on the bench during the game's closing stages, and because he returned early from the US tour to have some treatment on another muscular injury a few weeks ago.

I'm seeing 2-3 weeks , where are people getting 4 months from?

I saw an article about him being injured for 3 months while playing for England, but when you read it- it's from last year. Just someone being devious. Probably a bored bitter.

I'll await the clubs assessment before getting hysterical.

• Upvote 2