You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge: Loving Every Minute

Lario

30 minute special on Mr. Sturridge @ 19:00 this evening on Sky Sports 1, just before the coverage of our game starts @ 19:30.

Should be a good watch. The lads should probably pipe it into the Sunderland changing room before kick off!

• Upvote 1

With that goal against Sunderland, he helped Liverpool achieve something they hadn't done for 50 years - have 2 players score at least 20 league goals in the same season. It's an amazing stat when you consider the quality of strikers we've had in that 50 years.

With that goal against Sunderland, he helped Liverpool achieve something they hadn't done for 50 years - have 2 players score at least 20 league goals in the same season. It's an amazing stat when you consider the quality of strikers we've had in that 50 years.

Also, both have been out for a significant number of games, and have 7 games to go in the season. Amazing.

I actually think we're a better team with him down the centre and Suarez floating from wide more, as he pins the centre backs back with his pace, and that creates space around him. Suarez will always do what he does, so a focal point works better for me.

He's been a truly great signing. Suarez deservedly gets most of the acclaim, but, for periods this season, we'd have been fucked without him. I'm glad to hold my hands up and say my initial scepticism of his signing was completely unjustified.

Aye, I was thinking that if he were up to it then he would have made it at City or Chelsea. I forgot that those clubs are screwed up dysfunctional cesspools. The mere fact that he survived those experiences is testimony to his brilliance.

• Upvote 1

I remember when he was playing at Bolton and he scored something like 8 goals in 12 games.

There was no denying he had the talent. It was good to read his side recently when he said that he basically begged to go to Bolton because he just wanted to play games.

Some of the goals he scored may seem highly familiar.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqAGWZjn8A

I remember when he was playing at Bolton and he scored something like 8 goals in 12 games.

There was no denying he had the talent. It was good to read his side recently when he said that he basically begged to go to Bolton because he just wanted to play games.

Some of the goals he scored may seem highly familiar.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqAGWZjn8A

Having witnessed that at Bolton I stuck a few quid on him to be leading scorer the season after.

He never played much again though. Shrewd management.

• 2 months later...

What an entertainer Daniel is, the camera loves the lad and he loves the camera, I wasnt to sure about him when I heard he was joining  us but I have to say he's been a revelation, a joy to watch on and of the pitch, and a genuine nice guy as well.

What an entertainer Daniel is, the camera loves the lad and he loves the camera, I wasnt to sure about him when I heard he was joining  us but I have to say he's been a revelation, a joy to watch on and of the pitch, and a genuine nice guy as well.

spot on

I like Danny Welbeck, he seems like a really good lad.

There, I said it.

I was only thinking that earlier today too.  But there was no way I was writing it on a Liverpool forum.

But your strength has given me the confidence to declare I think he seems sound too.

DECLARE!!!!!