You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

When those fuckwit inbreds from Stoke were singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" I was wincing until it hurt. I mean, even spending years watching Stoke is no excuse for being so ignorant about football. Useless gormless gobshites.

I can't neg them. However....

When I heard that, I thought there are probably a few of our own fans who, if they aren't thinking it, they're probably humming along.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't improve he'll be shown the door.

I've very little doubt that given their background (statistics driven sport) and the way FSG operate there will be defined targets. Given that Kenny was shown the door for not getting 4th and the really ruthless way he was discarded I expect the same fate awaits our current manager at the end of the season.

Would it bother me? Not really, he's far too inexperienced and its showing week by week. I just don't feel a job as prestigious as being Liverpool's manager should be open to someone who requires on the job training.

Many years ago I had to read a book (a rare event) as part of some tedious management training. One chapter focused on how inexperienced individuals cope with demanding and responsible management roles. The most common aspect was for the individual to buy into a long term rigid mantra and focus completely on delivering over the long term. Their mantra would usually be completely inflexible and would always exclude short to medium term delivery. The reason being that short term problems would be insurmountable given their lack of skills and experience so they'd convince themselves that it was all about their long term goal and they'd skip dealing with immediate issues completely. Invariably the business would go bust long before they ever got to implement their long term goals.

Did you think that when we were doing as poorly, if not worse, under Kenny?

....I had doubts about Dalglish during or poor league run in but in the end I realized he was a winner (proven track record as both player and manager) and that is somewhat rare and should be valued and respected.

I sincerely hope Rodgers can establish his own winning record but I'm not optimistic.

If we don't improve he'll be shown the door.

I've very little doubt that given their background (statistics driven sport) and the way FSG operate there will be defined targets. Given that Kenny was shown the door for not getting 4th and the really ruthless way he was discarded I expect the same fate awaits our current manager at the end of the season.

Would it bother me? Not really, he's far too inexperienced and its showing week by week. I just don't feel a job as prestigious as being Liverpool's manager should be open to someone who requires on the job training.

Many years ago I had to read a book (a rare event) as part of some tedious management training. One chapter focused on how inexperienced individuals cope with demanding and responsible management roles. The most common aspect was for the individual to buy into a long term rigid mantra and focus completely on delivering over the long term. Their mantra would usually be completely inflexible and would always exclude short to medium term delivery. The reason being that short term problems would be insurmountable given their lack of skills and experience so they'd convince themselves that it was all about their long term goal and they'd skip dealing with immediate issues completely. Invariably the business would go bust long before they ever got to implement their long term goals.

Rodgers has actually spoken along these lines, this is what caused him to get sacked at Reading, he says he has learned his lessson, but I'm not so sure he has.

Wonder what the £8m pay off and the fee for a new manager might have bought us.

Wonder how much lower our great club could sink as the media announce Steve Bruce and Mark Hughes head the list of possible replacements.

Hate that with panto season in full swing we still lead the pack in that respect.

Look on the bright side - at least Alex McLeish won't be on the list.

No tears from me if he leaves. On top of this, and more to the point, if most of the players up and walked, I'd be left feeling indifferent as well. However, if FSG put the club up for sale, at a price that Dalglish could afford, I'd be singing in the streets. He seems like the logical owner to me; I wouldn't care then, if he was manager or not. He'd do everything he possibly could, to preserve what being Liverpool is all about.

I'd laugh, shake my head, and look forward to Code posting in 6 months about how good it is to have 15 points from the new manager's first 19 games.

Fortunately, it's not going to happen.

I'm not the one lowering the bar, you and your likes are.

YAY!!

Let's sack Brendan.

BRAIN DEAD MORON ALERT!!!!

Sadly the whole entire world of football is now run by BRAIN DEAD MORONS who demand that they be satisfied in six months or less.

Irrelevant of the fact that the owners of 90% of clubs are shitcunts who haven't really got a fucking clue about football but at least they have made money in oil or some other bizarre financially incestual institution.

Yay!

Well listen to this. We ain't ever going to feed at the top table unless some corrupt family or individual who knifed their way to the top of the financial world shits their load in our direction.

So we drown in the mediocrity of FSG or we soar in the aurora of corruption.

Cunt this shit.

Seriously thinking of fucking football off forever. I'm totally just fucked off at the whole attitude of the FA, UEFA and FIFA, they just seem entirely corrupt from the bottom to the top and nothing ever seems to happen to challenge them.

I yearn for footy as it was in the 70s, think I'm just too old for this shit now.

Il'd be pissed off if he was sacked , i at least want to see what happens when he has some players in the team that are capable of scoring goals.

Although Gerrard has finally scored a few recently we only have 1 player in the squad that we can count on for a goal , fucking 1 ! , its ridiculous , Borini is unknown although plenty seem to of made up their mind after about him already and Gerrard cant be relied upon to score like he used to , nor can anyone else , its such a sorry state of affairs.

If we are in this position next year winning 1 , losing 1 and drawing 1 every 3 games then yeah he'd would have to go.

I'm not the one lowering the bar, you and your likes are.

I think you're completely clueless as to what would happen if Rodgers really were sacked. Just like when Rafa was shown the door, when people like you were going on about how we'd bring in Pellegrini or van Gaal (I even heard Mourinho!) as if they'd even consider it. Then we ended up with Hodgson; this time it could be even worse.

Honestly, if you did get your wish and Brendan was sacked, who do you think would be our next manager? No one with half a brain, that's for sure. Martinez would be the absolute best possibility. More than likely we would have an embarrassing series of stories about an offer to Laudrup which he'd reject, not being a lunatic. Probably another one or two of those as well, all played out in the media for everyone to laugh at.

In the end we'd end up with some "up-and-coming" manager from the Spanish second division or something like that who would come here and make Brendan look like an experienced hand. Or, perhaps even worse, there's a distinct possibility that the owners would tear up the plan to be the next Barca and instead go with a "can't miss" Englishman like Steve Bruce. :wallbutt:

Anyone who thinks the manager is what's wrong with our club at the moment is completely deluded. He might be good, he might be terrible. Who could know, under the circumstances? I feel sorry for the man; no one could succeed in his position in this situation. Dalglish couldn't do it, what chance does he have? He might be the next Ferguson, but he'll never do it here, at least as long as we are owned by FSG and have fans like Code.

I think you're completely clueless as to what would happen if Rodgers really were sacked. Just like when Rafa was shown the door, when people like you were going on about how we'd bring in Pellegrini or van Gaal (I even heard Mourinho!) as if they'd even consider it. Then we ended up with Hodgson; this time it could be even worse.

Pellegrini wanted the job in 2010.

Both Benitez and Van Gaal wanted the job this summer.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

There's no real likelihood they'd have done much better in the short term. Van Gala often takes quite a while to get his teams playing the right way and getting results.

We have a new manager and we are not getting results, but in realistically we have serious problems all throughout the squad which are not problems created by the manager. We blew the Torres money and did not improve the squad at all. FSG have not invested as heavily as we would have liked and lots of players are underperforming. Squad changes during the summer also meant that we were left with one recognised Striker in Suarez backed up by a new signing, Borini, and some kids. We have relied on Suarez scoring to win us games as there have been very little goals coming from elsewhere in the squad. If Suarez doesnt score we are fucked as we are more likely to concede now than for many a year. We are short on on the pitch leaders, Gerrard included. He led by example rather than being vocal and he is not performing very well at the moment.

A lot of the above are not problems created by Brendan Rodgers. Traditionally we stood behind out managers and gave them the opportunity to build his own team and get them playing in the manner they prefer. Lets give Rodgers that opportunity.

Traditionally we stood behind out managers and gave them the opportunity to build his own team and get them playing in the manner they prefer. Lets give Rodgers that opportunity.

Benitez after one bad season, Roy and kenny after half a bad season- the tradition is now to get rid.

Benitez after one bad season, Roy and kenny after half a bad season- the tradition is now to get rid.

"Traditionally". We have deviated from that in recent times. However, there were other things at play with both of those managers. Both were subject to political goings on in the club at the time. Plus Hodgson is an arsehole.

Benitez and Kenny should never have been sacked, Roy was a total cunt. We acted stupidly in the past in getting rid of managers but that doesn't mean we have to continue sacking people left right and center. Rafa and Kenny were wronged, so we should do the same to Rodgers because a precedent has been set?

Pellegrini would have been a massive risk, probably greater than Rodgers, but for different reasons.

Benitez would have imploded under FSG quicker than he did at Milan- which is why they did not appoint him.

Van Gaal was interested in the DOF role and would have been an excellent appointment. Sadly, high calibre individuals are not FSG's style.

Pellegrini would have been a massive risk, probably greater than Rodgers, but for different reasons.

Benitez would have imploded under FSG quicker than he did at Milan- which is why they did not appoint him.

Van Gaal was interested in the DOF role and would have been an excellent appointment. Sadly, high calibre individuals are not FSG's style.

What are you talking about? Van Gaal explicitly said he didnt want the DoF roll that if he was going to LFC it was for the managers job.

I'd become immediately erect that an internet parody of himself had yet AGAIN demonstrated his infallible knowledge of football. It would make everything feel warm and safe and certain. I'd wonder what FSG were thinking of if they didn't immediately recruit such a bastion of wisdom to the newly vacant position, before ensuring all pictures of Rafael Benitez on club premises were taken down, in case he tried to eat or fuck them after his appointment.

Edited by Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Surely the only choice to replace Rodgers is Code himself. He declared himself a better manager than both Rafa and Rodgers, and is the only man in the world who can overtake fifth and his team be fourth. Doing things like that, which are mathematically impossible, will be a real help.

I can't say I look forward to Carroll and Downing playing every game, bringing Adam back, or buying Quaresma, but he is amazing, even if he says so himself. All the time.