You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Define better.

Er, better at kicking a football about.*Shrugs*

I can see what you're getting at. They have more depth to their squad (although no-one as good as our best half a dozen players). The main difference between the sides, however, was that the Stoke players all new exactly what they were doing. We didn't/don't. They also, visibly, desperately wanted to win. Us, not so much.

Rodgers cut a really sad figure against Stoke. I pulled a face when I saw it. It made me really disheartened, for all sorts of reasons. He looked a completely different man to the one in those long (and brilliant) interviews on youtube. The confidence wasn't there. He didn't know what to do.

It would be a fucking disgrace, since he's not been given time to make a proper difference yet. This is supposed to be FSG's long term appointment and as long as we are in no danger of being relegated this season he needs to be given more time. We can assess him properly in a year from now, until then people need to get a bit of perspective.

I was great at the clues.

I get carried away once a week and I'm full of crap,

lift my lid, empty your bag and throw away all your scrap.

It's the car?

No I'm sorry you've rejected Joe Cole.

Now where's the butter?

Quality response. I even read that in a Ted Rogers voice in my head.

You even did the rhyme

Personally, If I were FSG, I'd recall Carroll, not spend any money in the January window, and challenge Rodgers to the get the best out of the squad we have.Tell him that we need to see a marked improvement on 25 points from the next 19 league games.

If there was a big turn around and we really kicked on, and at least challenged for 4th place, then I'd be prepared to give him money to spend in the summer, and at least another full season.

Realistically I'd expect Rodgers to fail this half season aim, as he seems incapable of setting up a team to play to it's strengths.

His vision and philosophy is all well and good but it doesn't suit most of the players we have here. He's continually trying to put square pegs in round holes.

In the summer I'd then look to get the best available Manager.

Someone older and more experienced than Rodgers, with European knowledge too.

There is a lot of sense in this for me. Only difference being that FSG need to back him financially in this window.

After that it's over to you Brendan and be it on your head come May.

Nobody can tell me that we have improved on last season because we haven't. You can't even tell me that we're playing more attractive or more exciting football beacuse we're not doing that either.

Come May there had better be a vast improvement in results and frankly I couldn't give a fuck about possession and pass completion statistics.

All this said if come the end of the season (and not before) we are in a worse league position than the end of last season then I fully expect Brendan to be sacked because he will have failed in my opinion.

Let's get behind him and hope for the best.

Er, better at kicking a football about.*Shrugs*

I can see what you're getting at. They have more depth to their squad (although no-one as good as our best half a dozen players). The main difference between the sides, however, was that the Stoke players all new exactly what they were doing. We didn't/don't. They also, visibly, desperately wanted to win. Us, not so much.

They can definitely kick it far - plus they did alot of other stuff - running about, bouncing it off their heads etc. Is this a trick question?

Went with I don't know because I don't. I certainly wouldn't cry about it or write a poem but I wouldn't be happy either. I'd probably be pissed because I think we need continuity and not changing managers every 6 months to a year. That shit doesn't get you anywhere and if the next man can't use the players this one has bought then we're fucking starting all over again needing to sell to buy players for a new "philosophy" that doesn't suit what we have and that again might not be around if it fails to hit the ground running.

For the past three sackings I was:

Rafa - Mostly disappointed that he wouldn't outlast the cunts in the boardroom. Definitely thought he deserved a season without them and they're huge debt.

Hodgson - Delighted, he was the perfect manager to keep us firmly mid-table (or worse) and play down any expectations we might have as a club, fanbase, or even of the players it seemed.

Kenny - Pissed off, like everyone else I was less than enthused with last season but I felt he at least deserved one more full one. We played good football at times, won one Cup in which we beat the league Champs over two legs, the runners-up and Chelsea who admittedly under-performed domestically last season. Then lost a cup final to Chelsea who despite under-performing domestically did go on to win the CL.

So whilst I'm certainly not as "attached" to Rodgers as I was Rafa or Kenny, I think he needs more than one season to be able to implement anything close to what he wants to do.

If I'm honest, I'd be pretty sad of Rodgers where to be sacked any time soon. There are a number of reasons for this, on a football, personal, and wider outlook level.

Football wise, there are a number of things that have encouraged me. I think I can see what he is trying to do with us. I like his idea, I like the way he wants us to play in an ideal world. The problem is Liverpool Football Club today is as far away from an ideal world as we have ever been really since the 60s and the days of Bill Shankly. Current standings show that he has failed to get the best out of the squad that he currently has at his disposal. Its also fair to say tyat the money he has spent last summer also leaves more questions than answers up to now. His usage of Gerrard is an ongoing frustration of mine, as is his use of substitutions. As a team we defend poorly and opposition find it amazingly easy to score goals against us. The midfield has largely been ineffective and unable to control enough matches. Probably the best team we have beaten in the league this season is West Ham.

On a personal level I like the feller. I believe he is genuine and I believe he knows what he is talking about and does have the basic raw materials to build a competitive Liverpool team, in time. I like how he speaks, he represents the club well, is open and honest and clearly respects the club, the city and our culture. I'd be upset for him if he wasnt given a proper opportunity to build something.

On a wider level Liverpool Football Club sacking a fourth manager in three years would be catastrophic. There's no two ways about it. I don't believe the club can afford to not given Brendan atleast two seasons.

Liverpool are not a Champions League standard team. Far from it. We have been mid table fodder for three years now. We need to readjust our expectations and deal with that fact. We are not in a false position as we like to kid ourselves as a club. We have lost 17 league matches this year. This is the situation we are in.

Taking a short term view, Rodgers should be out the door. But we cannot afford to take tht view. Like I said, despite me having some cause for optimism, there are an equal amount of reasons for me to hold reservations. But 6months is far too soon to make the judgement call. He has said he needs to acquire his players to play in his style, and realistically it's going to take atleast 3 transfer windows for him to have something close to a squad that he can call his own. He needs to be given that chance. He has inherited a lot of these problems, problems which have blighted us for a lot longer than the 6 months of Brendan's tenure. It's his responsibility to fix them but its going to take time. We are not City or Chelsea, we cannot bring a new man in and give him 100m to throw at the problem. If we are no better 12 months down the line then fine, think about a replacement. But at this point our only option is to give Brendan the time and every penny the club can afford to give him, and see if he can sort out this horrible mess that we are in. It's far too early at this point to judge the man.

What would you feel about it?

When those fuckwit inbreds from Stoke were singing "You're getting sacked in the morning" I was wincing until it hurt. I mean, even spending years watching Stoke is no excuse for being so ignorant about football. Useless gormless gobshites.

I can't neg them. However....

If I'm honest, I'd be pretty sad of Rodgers where to be sacked any time soon. There are a number of reasons for this, on a football, personal, and wider outlook level.

Football wise, there are a number of things that have encouraged me. I think I can see what he is trying to do with us. I like his idea, I like the way he wants us to play in an ideal world. The problem is Liverpool Football Club today is as far away from an ideal world as we have ever been really since the 60s and the days of Bill Shankly. Current standings show that he has failed to get the best out of the squad that he currently has at his disposal. Its also fair to say tyat the money he has spent last summer also leaves more questions than answers up to now. His usage of Gerrard is an ongoing frustration of mine, as is his use of substitutions. As a team we defend poorly and opposition find it amazingly easy to score goals against us. The midfield has largely been ineffective and unable to control enough matches. Probably the best team we have beaten in the league this season is West Ham.

On a personal level I like the feller. I believe he is genuine and I believe he knows what he is talking about and does have the basic raw materials to build a competitive Liverpool team, in time. I like how he speaks, he represents the club well, is open and honest and clearly respects the club, the city and our culture. I'd be upset for him if he wasnt given a proper opportunity to build something.

On a wider level Liverpool Football Club sacking a fourth manager in three years would be catastrophic. There's no two ways about it. I don't believe the club can afford to not given Brendan atleast two seasons.

Liverpool are not a Champions League standard team. Far from it. We have been mid table fodder for three years now. We need to readjust our expectations and deal with that fact. We are not in a false position as we like to kid ourselves as a club. We have lost 17 league matches this year. This is the situation we are in.

Taking a short term view, Rodgers should be out the door. But we cannot afford to take tht view. Like I said, despite me having some cause for optimism, there are an equal amount of reasons for me to hold reservations. But 6months is far too soon to make the judgement call. He has said he needs to acquire his players to play in his style, and realistically it's going to take atleast 3 transfer windows for him to have something close to a squad that he can call his own. He needs to be given that chance. He has inherited a lot of these problems, problems which have blighted us for a lot longer than the 6 months of Brendan's tenure. It's his responsibility to fix them but its going to take time. We are not City or Chelsea, we cannot bring a new man in and give him 100m to throw at the problem. If we are no better 12 months down the line then fine, think about a replacement. But at this point our only option is to give Brendan the time and every penny the club can afford to give him, and see if he can sort out this horrible mess that we are in. It's far too early at this point to judge the man.

Good.