You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

Compete? Whats that then? Does it mean "investing" in the club? I use that term loosely since investing by definition means you are expecting a return greater than what is put in.

It means compete, whichever way you have to. They can't compete on price and they dont have the nous to compete in getting players in below value for example like Newcastle or even Arsenal do. Similarly when it comes to appointing a manager, they dont know the game enough, they dont have the nous and so are reliant on faceless advisors which is how we end up in this ridiculous position of having wasted fuck knows how much money and the last 5 years and get increasingly worse each year.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont wont him sacked. But I'd happily have him replaced with a better manager if one became available and was interested in the job.

henning berg has just been sacked by blackburn, after all he did have 57 days to sort things out... ffs what a joke ...how do you know if any manager is better???

It means compete, whichever way you have to. They can't compete on price and they dont have the nous to compete in getting players in below value for example like Newcastle or even Arsenal do. Similarly when it comes to appointing a manager, they dont know the game enough, they dont have the nous and so are reliant on faceless advisors which is how we end up in this ridiculous position of having wasted fuck knows how much money and the last 5 years and get increasingly worse each year.

Problem is we would still have the same retards in charge skateboarding their way round the boardroom with a can of coke in one hand and a lollipop in their ear thinking sky blue out of the box before making the next appointment and fucking off back to Californian sun. Hence my apathy.

This is really a twisted mess of stuff.

If he was sacked tomorrow it would be very stupid.

What would we do? Go crawling back to Kenny Dalglish again?

Personally, If I were FSG, I'd recall Carroll, not spend any money in the January window, and challenge Rodgers to the get the best out of the squad we have.Tell him that we need to see a marked improvement on 25 points from the next 19 league games.

If there was a big turn around and we really kicked on, and at least challenged for 4th place, then I'd be prepared to give him money to spend in the summer, and at least another full season.

Realistically I'd expect Rodgers to fail this half season aim, as he seems incapable of setting up a team to play to it's strengths.

His vision and philosophy is all well and good but it doesn't suit most of the players we have here. He's continually trying to put square pegs in round holes.

In the summer I'd then look to get the best available Manager.

Someone older and more experienced than Rodgers, with European knowledge too.

i voted for the first one. but only because sacking him is going to put us in a bigger mess than we already are and could result in us being lumbered with someone like hodgson again. i believe he needs time to get things right. but he has to show us that he is learning from his mistakes. not setting up again to play stoke away like you would against wigan at home would be a start.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Personally, If I were FSG, I'd recall Carroll, not spend any money in the January window, and challenge Rodgers to the get the best out of the squad we have.Tell him that we need to see a marked improvement on 25 points from the next 19 league games.

I thought we didn't we have the option of recalling Carroll in his loan agreement, which again shows how inept some staff are.

I would be disgusted with the club. He needs time. Three transfer windows is fair. And he needs to get deep into season two before we can really see the cut of his jib.

This sort of thread only adds to the instability around the club. Our manager has a difficult enough job as it is. Support him. Let's see where that might take us.

I'm certainly less convinced that he's the man to take us forward than I was when he came in, but I've still got hope he can come good, given time. Besides, who would replace him? Who, of any proven calibre (which, presumably, is what the anti mob want) would come here given our circumstances, not least the fact that we'd have gone through four managers in three years? One thing I am sure of is that Rodgers won't get us relegated or anything disastarous like that, so I say we give him a chance, at least till the end of the season.

Code typed 'masturbate furiously' as an answer then deleted it, I can't prove that but we all know he did.

89.42% chance of that happening, according to a statistical analysis of his post history.

I thought we didn't we have the option of recalling Carroll in his loan agreement, which again shows how inept some staff are.

Probably, although I'm sure we could get him back from West Ham if we agreed to waive the loan fee.

If that were the case I'd allow him to bring in one striker, ideally on loan or for a small fee and small wages. Certainly not Franco Di Santo though!

Guest ShoePiss
Probably, although I'm sure we could get him back from West Ham if we agreed to waive the loan fee.

If that were the case I'd allow him to bring in one striker, ideally on loan or for a small fee and small wages. Certainly not Franco Di Santo though!

So you'd continue the policy of setting him up to fail and then get rid if he fails. Sounds like a plan.

I didn't vote because being pissed off wasn't an option.

I actually think its a good idea for a thread. Yesterday I thought to myself we'll never get anywhere until they get rid of Rodgers. This thread forced me to confront what that would mean if they pulled the plug now.

I think he's at most got until next Dec to turn things around. By the end of next month he'll have 2 windows under his belt with decent support from the owners.

He needs to start getting results

Someone on another thread mentioned he's dealing with a mish mash of the previous regimes players. What manager isn't. No one gets a new team. Christ, Di Matteo won the CL with a mish mash of 7 previous regimes. Only Ferguson, Wenger and Moyes have their own team.

I would be disgusted with the club. He needs time. Three transfer windows is fair. And he needs to get deep into season two before we can really see the cut of his jib.

This sort of thread only adds to the instability around the club. Our manager has a difficult enough job as it is. Support him. Let's see where that might take us.

But if he is the wrong man for the job, then why back him for 2 more transfer windows, and then get rid of him?

His complete lack of tactical knowledge seriously concerns me.

Approaching Stoke away, the same way as he approached Fulham at home is very naive. I like the guy but I think this job has come too soon for him.

Ultimately I think it was the wrong choice by FSG, but that's hardly surprising, it's actually in keeping with their record of bringing in 1 season wonders to the club.

So you'd continue the policy of setting him up to fail and then get rid if he fails. Sounds like a plan.

No I'd back him heavily, then sack him when he failed?

Like we did with Dalglish?

When Kenny Dalglish took over in January 2011 we were struggling and had just lost Torres, but he came in and got the best out of an under performing squad, as did Di Matteo last year at Chelsea, and now Rafa is doing the same.

That's my issue with Rodgers, he seems to need to build a team in his image, rather than managing what he's been dealt.

Considering we don't have the wealth of any of the current top 3 teams, I can't see how this strategy is ever likely to get us anywhere near the top again.

Guest ShoePiss
I didn't vote because being pissed off wasn't an option.

I actually think its a good idea for a thread. Yesterday I thought to myself we'll never get anywhere until they get rid of Rodgers. This thread forced me to confront what that would mean if they pulled the plug now.

I think he's at most got until next Dec to turn things around. By the end of next month he'll have 2 windows under his belt with decent support from the owners.

He needs to start getting results

Someone on another thread mentioned he's dealing with a mish mash of the previous regimes players. What manager isn't. No one gets a new team. Christ, Di Matteo won the CL with a mish mash of 7 previous regimes. Only Ferguson, Wenger and Moyes have their own team.

What?

But if he is the wrong man for the job, then why back him for 2 more transfer windows, and then get rid of him?

His complete lack of tactical knowledge seriously concerns me.

Approaching Stoke away, the same way as he approached Fulham at home is very naive. I like the guy but I think this job has come too soon for him.

Ultimately I think it was the wrong choice by FSG, but that's hardly surprising, it's actually in keeping with their record of bringing in 1 season wonders to the club.

I don't think it is established that he is the wrong man for the job. So the reason for backing him is to give us the time to find out. He may yet prove to be an inspired choice. Or he may be a bad choice. Or it might be something in between. But I will be gutted if we let him go and we never find out. That sort of short termism is disastrous for a club who wants to see anything built up.

I'm not in favour of backing the wrong man forever. Hodgson was the wrong choice and he needed to be binned ASAP. But Rodgers is a different. He has something about him and he needs time. People who have already judged him to be the wrong man are being far too hasty, in my view.

I think when we are deep into season two the matter will be settled. He will have had three windows and plenty of time for his methods to be translated on to the pitch. If we are still languishing around where we are now, and no progress has been made, then fair enough, that's not good enough. If the owners take action the fan base will be united.

But to take action sooner, while it is still uncertain what we have on our hands here, would be very foolish. It will split the fan base and contribute to the club becoming something of a poisoned chalice.

The best option is to back him to do his job. It will become clearer, one way or the other, if he is the man for us.

Guest ShoePiss
No I'd back him heavily, then sack him when he failed?

Like we did with Dalglish?

When Kenny Dalglish took over in January 2011 we were struggling and had just lost Torres, but he came in and got the best out of an under performing squad, as did Di Matteo last year at Chelsea, and now Rafa is doing the same.

That's my issue with Rodgers, he seems to need to build a team in his image, rather than managing what he's been dealt.

Considering we don't have the wealth of any of the current top 3 teams, I can't see how this strategy is ever likely to get us anywhere near the top again.

Well I've always been for a manager able to produce performances better than the sum of parts available but your suggestion that we get someone on loan in on cheap wages doesn't solve anything, might as well get rid of him now if all you're going to do is say we're not giving you anything (we fucked you over in the summer too), deal with it and you'll be judged paying no respect to how we failed to support you.