You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Code

How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel if Rodgers got sacked?

• It would make me sad and I'd probably cry a bit.
    • It would make me sad and I would write him a poem.
    • It would not bother me at all.
    • It would make me happy.
    • I dont know.

Guest ShoePiss
If he gets 12 to 15 mil (which by all accounts he will - just for Sturridge) he is on 40 mil for the two windows - exactly what was said would be made available. Where those funds were used can be questioned. If it is enough is another.

40 mil for two windows, not taking into account players leaving and the resultant squad depth.

People re-writing history need to fucking remember exactly what went on.

Dickheads.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BR is just a part of the whole fuck up that us FSG. Now I aren't going to start dissing the lad after 6 months in charge. But deep down inside we all know that managing Britain's most decorated club is a humongous job which requires a top top manager.

The bigger problem is with our fucking despicable owners who's philosophy is 'why have silk when you can have cotton?'

The twats committed the biggest atrocity by getting rid of Kenny so unceremoniously. But rather than investing in the right man to take the helm, the fucktards decided to save pounds by taking a gamble on a manager who has got no more credentials than Screaming Lord fucking Such. Once again they had us over big time and then casually rammed the brass cactus up our arses by leaving us high and dry post Carroll. They have treated us all (BR included) like twats and they will continue to do so.

Like I say, I'll back Rodgers for the 3 years he's been given, but I can't say I'd particularly be bothered if he were to be sacked either. U just wish I could press a magic button and blast Henry and Werner into outer space. Twats.

Guest ShoePiss
Exactly!

They have a serious hard-on for appearing to know what they are doing and making informed and quick decisions. Problem is looks just the opposite

They consistently show they haven't got a fucking clue what they're doing, worse than that they don't appear able or more importantly willing to learn.

Until we have owners that actually have a passing interest in the sport, the club and the city we'll have this problem. I'm just repeating myself at this point though.

I agree that it's very different to when Hodgson was here, as he was sacked not just for poor results, but also the stupid things he said, and his general poor football philosophy.

I will continue to support Rodgers whilst he's here, but I just have a gut feeling that this job is too big for him.

I think it's possibly because I haven't really seen any evidence to suggest that he's got the makings of a great manager.

I suppose its because I compare it to Houilers first full season, or Rafas first season, or Kennys full season last year, none of which were hugely succesful, based on our league performances but I felt they were all going in the right direction. With Rodgers I just think we are heading sideways, which will inevitably lead to us going backwards.

Guest ShoePiss
Actually I am - hence the part about whether the budget - known to all from day one - was used to effectively address the needs of the squad.

No, you're not. You haven't got a fucking clue. Replacing aging, top level players costs a hell of a lot more than we paid. What we paid didn't come close to addressing the needs of the squad.

How we were allowed to start the season with just Suarez and pinning our hopes on a 21 year old from Italy, a 17 year old from the ranks etc shows the level of support Rodgers has had.

I'm not convinced by Rodgers at all, right now the style of football is like I feared it would be, me playing fifa pass pass pass lose possession but I'm not having anyone say he's had decent support from the owners, it's bollocks.

BR is just a part of the whole fuck up that us FSG. Now I aren't going to start dissing the lad after 6 months in charge. But deep down inside we all know that managing Britain's most decorated club is a humongous job which requires a top top manager.

The bigger problem is with our fucking despicable owners who's philosophy is 'why have silk when you can have cotton?'

The twats committed the biggest atrocity by getting rid of Kenny so unceremoniously. But rather than investing in the right man to take the helm, the fucktards decided to save pounds by taking a gamble on a manager who has got no more credentials than Screaming Lord fucking Such. Once again they had us over big time and then casually rammed the brass cactus up our arses by leaving us high and dry post Carroll. They have treated us all (BR included) like twats and they will continue to do so.

Like I say, I'll back Rodgers for the 3 years he's been given, but I can't say I'd particularly be bothered if he were to be sacked either. U just wish I could press a magic button and blast Henry and Werner into outer space. Twats.

I think we should judge him when we have some sort of forward line. Which would appear is on its way.

Personally, I reckon Screaming Lord Sutch has less credentials than Rodgers. However, he did promise to build a butter mountain so poor people could ski. A great idea, but fraught with temperature and hygiene related peril. Would have been an interesting interview.

Go back to hunting punks. You punk hunter you

How we were allowed to start the season with just Suarez and pinning our hopes on a 21 year old from Italy, a 17 year old from the ranks etc shows the level of support Rodgers has had.

Rodgers bought the 21 year old from Italy for over ten million quid, and could have also made a decision to work with the midfield we had and spent another fifteen million on the forward positions. It was his decision not to. It's hard to argue that thirty million is not having any support, especially if he spends in January on top of that. They did shaft him over Clint Dempsey, but he's not exactly impressed at Spurs in all honesty.

Edited by zigackly

No, you're not. You haven't got a fucking clue. Replacing aging, top level players costs a hell of a lot more than we paid. What we paid didn't come close to addressing the needs of the squad.

I'm not convinced by Rodgers at all, right now the style of football is like I feared it would be, me playing fifa pass pass pass lose possession but I'm not having anyone say he's had decent support from the owners, it's bollocks.

He's the one who made the buys....He could have spent the money better but the amount he was given was decent.

Plus I said 2 windows, he's getting Sturridge by all accounts and maybe more this window....that adds up to decent support.

Guest davelfc

Personally, I reckon Screaming Lord Sutch has less credentials than Rodgers. However, he did promise to build a butter mountain so poor people could ski. A great idea, but fraught with temperature and hygiene related peril. Would have been an interesting interview.

Rogers promised us a butter mountain?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'd laugh, shake my head, and look forward to Code posting in 6 months about how good it is to have 15 points from the new manager's first 19 games.

Fortunately, it's not going to happen.

Agreed. Way easier than suggesting the players are not as good as the other 11 on any given day.

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Suarez

Good players, no? The owners, should have released the warchest to enter the race for some forwards before the transfer window slammed shut.

And the manager should be a little more pragmatic, and not fuck up the defence, like.

Ya think Stoke are better than us?

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard

Suarez

Good players, no? The owners, should have released the warchest to enter the race for some forwards before the transfer window slammed shut.

And the manager should be a little more pragmatic, and not fuck up the defence, like.

Ya think Stoke are better than us?

Define better.

Guest davelfc
Rogers? What Ted Rogers? 3-2-1? Dustybin? Its all making sense

I was great at the clues.

I get carried away once a week and I'm full of crap,

lift my lid, empty your bag and throw away all your scrap.

It's the car?

No I'm sorry you've rejected Joe Cole.

Now where's the butter?

Guest ShoePiss
Rodgers bought the 21 year old from Italy for over ten million quid, and could have also made a decision to work with the midfield we had and spent another fifteen million on the forward positions. It was his decision not to. It's hard to argue that thirty million is not having any support, especially if he spends in January on top of that. They did shaft him over Clint Dempsey, but he's not exactly impressed at Spurs in all honesty.

We had a problem with midfield last season that needed to be addressed, it wasn't in that January window, no idea why you think it should have been left again in the Summer.

As for Borini, he's shite and it was a waste of money. I said that months ago.

It's easy to argue that the money provided was little support from the owners when you look at the players we sold/released and where we were at the end of the season. That depends on the expectations/targets set by the owners though, not the pr bull but the actual targets they have.

Out :-

Kuyt

Aurelio

Maxi

Aquilani

Adam

Bellamy

In :-

Borini

Allen

Assaidi

Sahin (season loan)