You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Referees should hold their hands up and say "You know what, after seeing this again is think I made a mistake there"

Revolutionary I know. It will never happen.

Can you imagine the outside pressure that would come down on referees if they made a mistake. The likes of Mourinho urging Atkinson to come clean in press conference . Doesn't bear thinking about

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

How many shithouse tackles have been put in by Chelsea that have gone unpunished? Off the top of my head i can think of Mikel, Eto twice, cahill, terry, essien about 4 or 5. Would it be too much of someone in the media to highlight this?

Essien didn't even get booked if I recall when he tried to break Hamann's leg.

All that aside I do think in general they have been successful in stopping most of the really dangerous stuff . Players know the consequences of two footed challenges or going over the top if they make contact and by and large the referees apply the rules .

Barnes should have gone on Saturday but the worst part is that it gives fresh ammunition to Mourinho to peddle his lies about some conspiracy against Chelsea . Any normal manager would have made his point and recognised the fact players get away with stuff now and again, Not him though ; totally ignores the fact that he was playing Burnley and had his rent boys done their fucking job they would have been dead and buried by half time and none of this would have happened, 

• Upvote 1

I thought he was wrong about the Barnes thing insomuch as claiming because the crowd and the other players didn't react in real time it was somehow ok. but other than that he did a fine job in calling Mourinho a cunt without using the word cunt

I don't think he means it's ok-I thought his point was that if no one (including Chelsea staff) had any issue with the tackle at that moment in time it's unsurprising that the referee didn't either.

But yes a great video to be honest. I doubt many noticed that the ball hit the Burnley player's thigh before his hand. That last clip of Diego Costa...no one picked up on that either.

I thought he was wrong about the Barnes thing insomuch as claiming because the crowd and the other players didn't react in real time it was somehow ok. but other than that he did a fine job in calling Mourinho a cunt without using the word cunt

I don't think he's saying that to downplay the Barnes incident, more to explain why the referee didn't react to it, i.e. he wasn't the only one.

How many shithouse tackles have been put in by Chelsea that have gone unpunished? Off the top of my head i can think of Mikel, Eto twice, cahill, terry, essien about 4 or 5. Would it be too much of someone in the media to highlight this?

Lampard?

article-1133530-01F6368A0000044D-818_306

I'm struggling to see what Barnes has done wrong there. He clearlh plays the ball and Matic is caught because he atrrives late and puts his leg across the pathe of Barnes' foot well after Barnes has hit the ball.

The first tackle on Ivanovic was worse given the shape of his leg. It was certainly deliberate.

24_02_2015_09_26_06.png

Its made worse than it actually is. 

To be fair to Barnes he attempted to pass the ball and rose his foot. By the time it came down, Matic nicked the ball and Barnes just happened to find it.

In my view Matic took all the risk there when there was no need.

Question is, who the hell raises their foot so much after a pass?

BTW, wasn't suggesting Dyche was necessarily correct in all he said. Just that he showed the smallest man in football how it should be done, without making needlesly provocative and inflammatory comments.

Understood mate.

Like a patient primary school teacher  telling the naughty boy where he wrong.

• Upvote 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31613184

Nemanja Matic: Chelsea player's ban reduced to two games

Chelsea midfielder Nemanja Matic's violent conduct ban has been reduced from three games to two, the Football Association has confirmed. 

The FA's independent regulatory commission partially upheld an appeal lodged by Chelsea on Tuesday. 

Matic, 26, was sent off in Saturday's game against Burnley after reacting to a challenge from Ashley Barnes. 

In a statement, Chelsea said they were "extremely disappointed and frustrated" that Matic must still serve a ban.

---

So there are cases where violent conduct isn't actually violent conduct because it was provoked? Could be an interesting precedent set here. And what does that mean for Barnes? Are they saying there was some justification for the reaction but not doing anything about the challenge?

Matic for a start.

Here is a picture of the incident next to a picture of Matic passing a football.

3e4ecec53b14c92a996d2f9a7e521cae.jpg

Actually, it's a picture of some player at a Football League club (you can tell by the numbering style on the shorts) passing the ball in a similar manner to Ashley Barnes in the Chelsea game.