You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

El Classico

moof

He's probably the greatest flat track bully ever. Wouldn't bother playing him against Barcelona. Half of Madrid's attacks broke down when Ronaldo was either caught in possession, played a shit pass, or had a shot from a ridiculous angle.

Against shit teams he's probably an even better player than Messi.

Was thinking exactly the same watching the game last night.

His massively over-inflated reputation has been gained by being a good player against bad sides.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking exactly the same watching the game last night.

His massively over-inflated reputation has been gained by being a good player against bad sides.

Over-inflated? Do fuck off. He's one of the greatest players in the world. Probably in the top two.

And he's scored nearly a goal a game at Madrid, after being the best player in the Premiership for a few years.

A phenomenally gifted footballer

Yeah Barca are clean and fair too aren't they? Sanchez & Busquets are as big as a cunts as anyone in a Madrid shirt is.

I was only talking about Xabi acting like a twat but I agree on Busquets, whilst being one of the most talented midfielders in the world is also a massive bellend.

Alexi Sanchez trying to run him close

He became a Liverpool legend for me on FM scoring almost 200 league goals for us. I adore him purely for that.

Over-inflated? Do fuck off. He's one of the greatest players in the world. Probably in the top two.

And he's scored nearly a goal a game at Madrid, after being the best player in the Premiership for a few years.

A phenomenally gifted footballer

He's been very fortunate. The quality of the rest Premiership bar the top teams has never been that great.

The quality of other La Liga teams has dropped considerably over the past five years.

He's always been non existent and utter shite in every big game for club and country.

If Ronaldo was in Seria A, he'd get the shit kicked out of him and wouldn't score as many goals.

Messi however a pure genius who always produces the goods regardless of opposition.

The workrate of both in the game the other night were at completely different ends of the spectrum. Messi worked his little butt off for 90 mins and Ronaldo was strolling around the pitch like the pre-madonna he truly is. Gutless twat.

If La Liga and the PL aren't enough of a challenge for him then where else can he prove himself?

And I don't buy that Serie A stuff either, he was kicked even more than Suarez is now in his time in the premier league, and he took it and still played a huge part in Man Utd winning countless titles and winning the CL once.

Can't believe the lengths people will go to discredit him just because he played for Man Utd.

World class, definitely, but he is still a bit of a flat track bully. How many performances has he put in in big, important games? Not many that I can think of. He is a brilliant player, no question, but he has a record of failing to show up when it matters.

World class, definitely, but he is still a bit of a flat track bully. How many performances has he put in in big, important games? Not many that I can think of. He is a brilliant player, no question, but he has a record of failing to show up when it matters.

Well that's only against Barcelona really, and not many get the better of Barcelona, as they will go down as one of the greatest teams in footballing history. He performed in countless big games for Man Utd and Real Madrid, I don't think its fair to call him a flat track bully based on his performances against Barcelona alone.

Anyone questioning whether Ronaldo is world class needs to have a word with themselves. Sure he steamrollers through mediocre opponents, but it's not true to say he never performs against the best sides. He really struggles against Barcelona though. Obviously, most players would do, but it's more noticeable with him because so much is expected of him. I don't think it's a case of him not trying. If anything, he tries a bit TOO hard and his performances end up being individualistic, all the more evident against a Barcelona team which is built on individual skill within a cohesive team framework.

I must admit I was surprised at the relative ease with which Barcelona won that match. Yes, they've still started the season very strongly and still pass teams to death, but they've looked a bit lethargic at times this season. Defensively they've looked shaky and despite all the goals, the attack still looks a bit off. I guess with Real Madrid having flown out of the traps so it is more noticeable. Messi will need a rest at some point, because he seems to complete 90 minutes in every game whereas Xavi and Iniesta are frequently given a breather. However, on Saturday night, Barcelona looked closer to the team that has dominated European football and blitzed the strongest of opposition, and Real Madrid were made to look very ordinary.

Real Madrid are a combination of extravagant skills, incisive and determined forward play, and shithouse antics. Under Mourinho, they always seem to leave the positive stuff in the dressing room and resort to shithouse stuff against Barcelona instead. Chief among which are Pepe and Ramos. Pepe in particularly completely loses it when things aren't going his way. The shithouse stuff is catching (or taught well) because even the likes of Alonso aren't immune to it. At times it is embarrassing.

If La Liga and the PL aren't enough of a challenge for him then where else can he prove himself?

And I don't buy that Serie A stuff either, he was kicked even more than Suarez is now in his time in the premier league, and he took it and still played a huge part in Man Utd winning countless titles and winning the CL once.

Can't believe the lengths people will go to discredit him just because he played for Man Utd.

I'm not having that. Fake Ronaldo is one of the biggest cunts to ever walk onto a football pitch... Wearing 'that' shirt for a few years is just fitting for someone of that ilk.

CRonaldo rarely produces the goods against Quality opposition, and that is a fact.

He's the perfect athlete for football, and he's very talented. However, his ego, pettiness, antics, and selfishness are holding him back. He's 'too good' for the grunt work which makes Leo Messi an infinitely better player.

When you have about 150 shots in a game you're bound to have a goal or two in each game. Ronaldo is the only player in this world who would shoot at every opportunity. Look at the stats. Selfish he is and a great player he isn't.

Rubbish,Ronaldo stats since 17/11/10 for club and country are

30 start 3 subs

32 Goals 9 assists

186 shots,5.6 shots per game

You don’t win the league beating Barcelona twice, it’s the same with the Premier League in 08/09 we beat just about everybody in the top 6 yet still finished second.

Real Madrid play Barcelona twice in a season, if Ronaldo plays shite in both which admittedly he does and probably will this season but then scores another 40+ goals in the other 36 games which hands Madrid the title, who will give a shit?

You don’t win the league beating Barcelona twice, it’s the same with the Premier League in 08/09 we beat just about everybody in the top 6 yet still finished second.

Real Madrid play Barcelona twice in a season, if Ronaldo plays shite in both which admittedly he does and probably will this season but then scores another 40+ goals in the other 36 games which hands Madrid the title, who will give a shit?

To be honest, Ronaldo would give a shit. He's an egomaniac and I think the comparisons to Messi will cause him to get worse.

Ronaldo's getting the same press as Ibrahimovich regarding his disappearances in big games, and rightly so.

But at the same time, you can't argue with the goals scored by either.

I think some of the problem lies in that you don't enjoy 5.6 shots on goal in these games, and you don't get 4 chances to score a free-kick from 22 yards during the game, and that your team doesn't see anything like as much as the ball as normal in these games.

And by the way, I think people watched a different El Classico to me, because Madrid were brilliant in the first half of that game, and Barcelona got a couple of lucky breaks for the goals to keep them in it.

Madrid missed chances, they could and should have buried Barca in the first half, different game then.

Can't argue with the fact that Messi should have been sent off in the first half for that foul, which would have been his second yellow. Referee completely shitted out of making the right call, scandalous decision that, indicative of everything that is wrong in football. Referees ignoring the rule book and making the rules up to suit a game or occassion. "Ooh, we can't have Messi have sent off in a big game", the fuckers are bullet-proof for fear of angering the club, and their executive mates like Platini.

People bang on about hating Madrid, I think it should be the other way around, I'd prefer Madrid to win the league (fairly) in spite of Barca's brilliance. Yes Madrid have spent lots of money, but not as much as Man City, and I think the three highest paid players in the World are all Barca's.

I've more respect for Mourinho for doing what he's doing, it's some ask to usurp Barca over the course of a season.