You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

I'm not too concerned about this signing, yes a few vindictive comments have been made by those strangely not over the last managers depature but this guy is much better than the last left back that Benitez signed and twice as cheap so if you look at it like that it is a good deal.

So we judge all the new managers signings against the last managers worst ones to decide if it's a good deal?

Nonsense.

I'm not too concerned about this signing, yes a few vindictive comments have been made by those strangely not over the last managers depature but this guy is much better than the last left back that Benitez signed and twice as cheap so if you look at it like that it is a good deal.

7 of your last 20 odd posts.

Better than the last pile of shite left back the previous manager signed, our record fee paid for a defender, fuckin joke.

Benitez failed in the Premiership.

Maybe now some of the Rafa haters will finally see the benefit of what he did, and what he was doing with our club.

Benitez fucked up and deserved to be sacked

That banner was made by moronic bitter Benitez backers, it should just have Hicks and Gillett on it.

Better manager than Rafa although it should be put to him that they would have been down to ten men

He was more than good enough when you consider we paid 8 odd million for Dossena and played Insua for most of last year, a moronic decision by Benitez to sell him

Stop it.

Roy has bought somebody who he knows and has worked with and with just a few days until the close of the transfer window that seems fair enough to me.

I didnt mind Insua myself but if Roy's going to let him go then he has to replace him because Aurelio,'The Glass Man,' is going to have his fair share of injuries as usual.

Konchesky's not the best but not the worst either and has Premier League experience,which is worth a lot in this coming season, more so than most.

Roy has bought somebody who he knows and has worked with and with just a few days until the close of the transfer window that seems fair enough to me.

I didnt mind Insua myself but if Roy's going to let him go then he has to replace him because Aurelio,'The Glass Man,' is going to have his fair share of injuries as usual.

Konchesky's not the best but not the worst either and has Premier League experience,which is worth a lot in this coming season, more so than most.

No point making sensible posts on here mate, everyone is on suicide watch. Konchesky is a fair bit better than Insua though, I don't agree with that part.

Guest PurpleNose
No point making sensible posts on here mate, everyone is on suicide watch. Konchesky is a fair bit better than Insua though, I don't agree with that part.

Is Insua still likely to go this transfer window?

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on his possible departure.

He's joining. Time to get behind him in the ground.

Obviously everyone hopes he does well.

Obviously if he peope ethink he's played poorly it should be allowed to be pointed out without people going mental about not giving him a chance.

Edited by PaulMcC

Surely we won't do another Ronald Huth?

Offer him a deal on the same terms, he'll reject it and we get the compensation fee.

Sounds sensible, he's bound to make out on the difference between a transfer fee and the compensation fee though.

haha Huth, we call that a Gosling now though!

We've got no money, we can't sell our players and guarantee funding fron any potential sales.

This is the level we are at now, he may or may not prove to be a good player for us, and the responsibility will lay at Hodgson's door regardless. But lets not make this about Hodgson's ambitions, because this is simply about making the best of a bad situation.

It's about time people accepted we are fucking skint, and that when you're fucking skint you can't buy anyone of quality.