You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

Brad Jones I see- basically trade a foreign goalie for a domestic one.

Poulsen- good insurance for Masch leaving

Konchesky though, I don't get- we allready have Insua, Kelly, Agger and Aurelio that can play there and Konchesky is not a significant step up from any of them.

As we have no money then spend it wisely- not on journeymen that are not better than young players we allready have.

I think Konchesky is better than Insua, so probably will provide a bit of an upgrade this season, and if it was a single transfer I probably wouldn't mind so much. However, it's one of a series of moves for proven mediocre players or those on the downside not likely to get any better. We'll be spending nigh on 10 million quid on Jones, Poulsen and Konchesky and the only improvement to the team is a slight one at left back, but not to the standard we require.

I feel sorry for Roy as he has no money to spend, Mascherano is fucking about (and I wouldn't be suprised if the board fuck him over on the cash there) and he's had hardly any time to work with the team. Still in our position when we're way short of cash we've got two options; average cheapies and old freebies, or younger players who can improve with a step up. By going the average and old route we're minimising the damage this season - we might finish 5th rather than 8th, but it will knacker us in the long term. Carra and Gerrard are getting on, Torres will be sold, then we're left with what? At least with younger players they still have re-sale value and if you do it right you can unearth one or two class players who will be in the team for years.

I'm sorry I wouid love to get behind the manager on this one but come on.

Konchesky is althoug not as shite as people make out, not even close to good enough if we have any aspirations of fourth place left. Aurelio isn't reliable due to injury, Insua at least has the potential to be a far better player than Konchesky and Agger is no left back. I'd rather we stuck KELLY on the left and kept the money until we could find a deal worth signing.

We need hope, stability and a bit of promise.

Paul Konchesky is only an answer to accepting defeat. Don't do it Roy, I'm a fan of yours but this will be a huge mistake.

By going the average and old route we're minimising the damage this season - we might finish 5th rather than 8th, but it will knacker us in the long term.

Agree 100% with this- seems Roy is brought in to ensure a 5-8 finish this year and maintain the value of the club. Think for the future health of the club we should give a chance to youngsters such as Insua, Kelly, Pacheco, Spearing, Ngog, Babel etc and aim to build for a good team in 2-3 years time. If it fails we can sell them on.

It's debatable whether or not he is 3 million pounds better than Insua! It is all very well saying, he is better than Insua, but is the gap that big that we need to spend 3 million pounds on a player who will not improve us?

However, if this is a compromise that leads to Toiven and Ben Arfa than that is fine.

If our only signings are Konchesky, Diarra and Treseguet then I think we may as well give up.

Jesus Christ, the players RH have been after are below midtable players, and every fear I had when he was appointed has so far happened....

Anyone see Paul Konchesky against the scum - FFS.....

My prediction is this will be the first and last season of RH at Anfield, and he will have filled our squad with loads of mediocre players that it will take year to shift out....

We will be left with an old squad, and nothing in the way of creative players....

We have been linked to Aguero, Banega, Elia, Quaresma, Turan, Diego, Forlan, Young, Lukaku aso in the past, but Roy don't want those kinds of players, he'd rather have a team of workhorses, preferrably with a british passport....

One transfer market and two games in I am getting a feeling I will want him gone soon.....

If we don't pick up 6 points against Brum and WBA, before we meet Man Utd, he'll be finished with large parts of the our fans......

Jesus Christ, the players RH have been after are below midtable players, and every fear I had when he was appointed has so far happened....

My prediction is this will be the first and last season of RH at Anfield, and he will have filled our squad with loads of mediocre players that it will take year to shift out....

We will be left with an old squad, and nothing in the way of creative players....

We have been linked to Aguero, Banega, Elia, Quaresma, Turan, Diego, Forlan, Young, Lukaku aso in the past, but Roy don't want those kinds of players, he'd rather have a team of workhorses, preferrably with a british passport....

One transfer market and two games in I am getting a feeling I will want him gone soon.....

If we don't pick up 6 points against Brum and WBA, before we meet Man Utd, he'll be finished with large parts of the our fans......

Doesn't want or can't afford? Do you seriously think we are in the market for that sort of player? Cole is hardly a workhorse.

As for the rest of your post, it is pretty disgraceful. So basically he is forced to sign cheap players and you give him two matches to prove himself. Was it his fault that Pepe spilled the ball and we drew instead of won?

I am finding it hard not to say something deeply offensive, but the way some of the people are talking on here is an absolute joke.

Doesn't want or can't afford? Do you seriously think we are in the market for that sort of player? Cole is hardly a workhorse.

As for the rest of your post, it is pretty disgraceful. So basically he is forced to sign cheap players and you give him two matches to prove himself. Was it his fault that Pepe spilled the ball and we drew instead of won?

I am finding it hard not to say something deeply offensive, but the way some of the people are talking on here is an absolute joke.

I don't speak French but i believe the term is nailagé dans le head

Spot on.

I prefer Insua. He wasn't as bad as everybody made out, and he at least had potential. Konchesky is just rubbish. Another disappointing transfer target from Roy, who I think still has the mentality of managing a small club. You're at Liverpool now Roy, start acting like it.

I prefer Insua. He wasn't as bad as everybody made out, and he at least had potential. Konchesky is just rubbish. Another disappointing transfer target from Roy, who I think still has the mentality of managing a small club. You're at Liverpool now Roy, start acting like it.

You support Liverpool. Start acting like it.

Guest TesticleOReilly

Name an instance of Konchesky being rubbish.

That pile of shit that is Fulham had some real good results against the top teams last season domestically and in europe. That included Konchesky, i'm not saying he is great however i'd rather have a player that has a better chance adapting and integrating in our team than a player who can't get into PSV's team. I remember when we signed Finnan and he went onto become a better player.

I'm just glad we may be strengthening the squad. Have the Konchesky haters not considered he may improve playing under pressure and in a better team?

Equally he may not and their is obviously better players out there but at the end of the day if we had the funds to buy the best players in each position we would not be looking for a new owners would we?

People need to give RH the season and then judge him on his purchases either way he has fucking difficult job to do and some need to get a grip. I wanted Dalglish to be the manager but he didn't get it, so there is no point in bitching about that either. This is not intended to posts in this thread but posted more as a general reply.

You support Liverpool. Start acting like it.

You're a bit late to the game bud. The genie was out the bottle last year and you ain't getting it back in. Why don't we all ignore the whoppers on the hysterical edges of the discussions, concentrate on the vast majority who are engaging in a measured discussion. Steaming in and shouting the odds at attention-whores kinda plays right into their hands.

That pile of shit that is Fulham had some real good results against the top teams last season domestically and in europe. That included Konchesky, i'm not saying he is great however i'd rather have a player that has a better chance adapting and integrating in our team than a player who can't get into PSV's team. I remember when we signed Finnan and he went onto become a better player.

I'm just glad we may be strengthening the squad. Have the Konchesky haters not considered he may improve playing under pressure and in a better team?

Equally he may not and their is obviously better players out there but at the end of the day if we had the funds to buy the best players in each position we would not be looking for a new owners would we?

People need to give RH the season and then judge him on his purchases either way he has fucking difficult job to do and some need to get a grip. I wanted Dalglish to be the manager but he didn't get it, so there is no point in bitching about that either. This is not intended to posts in this thread but posted more as a general reply.

Don't be coming on here with that sensible shit

Dirk Grout

You're right unfortunately. Lack of money at his disposal is an excuse to certain extent, but I have one other observation, not commonly mentioned. Players like Poulsen, Diarra, Trezeguet are past their prime. I don't only mean obvious in his case preference for older players (more receptive to tactics, no pace so can stay at the back all the time:)), but targetting players who're not wonderful anymore. He doesn't seem up to date like these older people still loving Platini, Mardadona and Garincha.

He emphasised, that he has to scout players and watch them many times before he signs them up - me could think of 20 right wingers available now to sign, I am sure Rafa has their tactical movement on his laptop, while Roy simply doesn't seem to know much about modern football. His tactics is a blend of old English, 70s scandinavian and traditional Italian (Rafa likes Sacchi, Capello and Ranieri, who always pressed high and like ball possession), Roy prefers old-fashioned staying in the back, just like Inter of Herrera. I don't blame him for the result against Citeh, although the biggest defeat in 2.5 years, but the performance. In last three years only once we had similar ball possession - Arsenal away in CL, while last season, believe it or not, we had better ball possession against Arsenal home and away.

So, as much as I like him for his kindness and respect for former boss, I don't think if his transfers and tactics can set the world alight, because he is too old now, while his master, whose Hernandez he likes so much and whom he respects so much, SAF proves you can still be top level even older than 63.

There is seriously bad smell surrounding this post - and this entire thread. It reaks of horseshit.

An irritated Hodgson, insisting Kuyt would not be leaving, said: “One, when he left the club, Benitez signed an agreement that he would not poach players from Liverpool. I think that still applies. And two, we have had no offers.”

Hodgson stated, " I certainly don't want to go in and raid Fulham Football Club because that wouldn't be the correct thing to do."

Hmmm.

WTF are you going on about ? Do you take every piece of shite spouted in the papers or on Sky and assume that we must be after them????? Quite a few of those players you quote we were NEVER in for.

I'm sure Roy will be gutted to hear that u might want him gone now get your arse back in front of the telly and switch onto Sky.

One of the problems with roy is that having been at a relatively low level for such a long time his shortlist seems to consist of low level players. He keeps mentioning never having heard of players that are quite well known in europe. All the players he seems to be interested in would be good signings for fulham.

But didn't those 'low level' players get to the Europa League final last season while we only made the semis with 'high level' players?

I'm not a big fan of Konchesky but he is the only type of player we can afford at the moment so Roy is just looking for players he knows and can work with,.sad but true.

You're a bit late to the game bud. The genie was out the bottle last year and you ain't getting it back in. Why don't we all ignore the whoppers on the hysterical edges of the discussions, concentrate on the vast majority who are engaging in a measured discussion. Steaming in and shouting the odds at attention-whores kinda plays right into their hands.

must be sound being a smart arse