You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

He was constantly targetted tonight. You know why?

Hes shite. Everyone in the fucking whole premier league knows it. Every game we play the opposition tries everything down his side. Oh dear. Why is that I wonder?

Fuck me.

It's true, that.

Felt a bit sorry for the bloke tonight. Ok, he's shite but it's not his fault he was offered a massive contract at an illustrious club. He's not good enough for us and I hope he's banged in the ressies under our next manager until we get a buyer but he must have felt like shit when he went off tonight. His mother can get fucked but I kind of understand where she's coming from. Her son is getting dogs abuse from our fans for simply not being good enough. I can't ever remember a player going off to anything like that from our fans. I think people just look at him and see Hodgson.

Felt a bit sorry for the bloke tonight. Ok, he's shite but it's not his fault he was offered a massive contract at an illustrious club. He's not good enough for us and I hope he's banged in the ressies under our next manager until we get a buyer but he must have felt like shit when he went off tonight. His mother can get fucked but I kind of understand where she's coming from. Her son is getting dogs abuse from our fans for simply not being good enough. I can't ever remember a player going off to anything like that from our fans. I think people just look at him and see Hodgson.

I agree with this.

And I question the motives of Hodgson's decision to take him off.

The fella didn't deserve that.

No he wasn't Dirk Fucking Kuyt was

And if you're right so what? Being marginally better than the shittiest shit in an utter shit team with a shit morale and really really shit tactics won't bring you much furher will it? And his nice old ma didn't exactly make things easier for him. Not his fault, well maybe not but tough luck on you then Paulie lad, close relatives of yours pissing on the people who pay your ridiculous wages will not help.

I feel for the fella. Yeah he's not good enough but he's not picking himself in the starting 11 - the clown Hodgson is. We need to get off Konchesky's back, it's not fair on him that he's taking so much flak. Anger at his shitness should be aimed at the man who keeps selecting him.

He wasn't great tonight but he was far from the worst performer on our side. The stuff from the crowd was atrocious. It's depressing to think of the fuckwits (even if they are a minority) we've got attending matches these days.

All very true, but he's got his mother to thank for lifting his shiny head above the parapet at this particularly inopportune time.

All very true, but he's got his mother to thank for lifting his shiny head above the parapet at this particularly inopportune time.

I don't blame his mother either. Everyone's mother would do the same if their son was taking dogs abuse from all sorts every week. My mother would never have used such fruity language though.

His mum called us scum as a generalisation, her friends on the post carried on with stereotypical scouse insults which stemmed from seventies / eighties, probably people who probably haven’t even the knowledge to know where they originated, ignorant. I speak to people from outside this city through work etc. / nice people but when it comes to scousers an awful lot still engrained with the same prejudice, Konchesky is being paid how much by LFC, if he hasn’t made any apology (don’t know) then the least he can do is get his stupid whore southern slag of a mother to shut her fucking mouth.

His mum called us scum as a generalisation, her friends on the post carried on with stereotypical scouse insults which stemmed from seventies / eighties, probably people who probably haven’t even the knowledge to know where they originated, ignorant. I speak to people from outside this city through work etc. / nice people but when it comes to scousers an awful lot still engrained with the same prejudice, Konchesky is being paid how much by LFC, if he hasn’t made any apology (don’t know) then the least he can do is get his stupid whore southern slag of a mother to shut her fucking mouth.

Hands across the divide then? She was upset. I'm sure he wasn't happy with her shouting off like that. There's no point perpetuating this ill feeling.

Absolutely spot on apart from the southern slag stuff.

Why hasn't he made an apology?

Hands across the divide then? She was upset. I'm sure he wasn't happy with her shouting off like that. There's no point perpetuating this ill feeling.

Stringvest,

It’s not right though is it, we’re just expected to take everything and give nothing back, when we do were stereotyped as whinging scousers, do we have to always laugh this off, don’t know, as I say I know people from south who are O.K. but still have us stereotyped, gets me pissed off, what are we supposed to do, everytime we are slaughtered for defending ourselves.

Stringvest,

It’s not right though is it, we’re just expected to take everything and give nothing back, when we do were stereotyped as whinging scousers, do we have to always laugh this off, don’t know, as I say I know people from south who are O.K. but still have us stereotyped, gets me pissed off, what are we supposed to do, everytime we are slaughtered for defending ourselves.

I live in the south, so I probably come across it more than you. It's not anywhere near as prevalent as it was during the Thatcher years. I am happy to front up and defend my city and can usually come out on top in any argument about why Liverpool has the history that it does.

The problem is that there are a large number of people in Liverpool that want to perpetuate the argument as well. They still have a 'them against us' attitude when as I've said before it's damaging to the prospects of the city. The city is behind most if not all other big cities in terms of commercial development, and while a lot of this is due to old prejudices, and the general incompetence of successive local councils, some of it is due to people in the city harbouring out-of-date attitudes towards the rest of the country.

Ir's give and take, unless you really do want the city to ignore the rest of the country. The problem is that the rest of the country will need to continue to prop up the city for the forseeable future. It makes sense to try to build and foster a more positive bilateral relationship - it always has.

I live in the south, so I probably come across it more than you. It's not anywhere near as prevalent as it was during the Thatcher years. I am happy to front up and defend my city and can usually come out on top in any argument about why Liverpool has the history that it does.

The problem is that there are a large number of people in Liverpool that want to perpetuate the argument as well. They still have a 'them against us' attitude when as I've said before it's damaging to the prospects of the city. The city is behind most if not all other big cities in terms of commercial development, and while a lot of this is due to old prejudices, and the general incompetence of successive local councils, some of it is due to people in the city harbouring out-of-date attitudes towards the rest of the country.

Ir's give and take, unless you really do want the city to ignore the rest of the country. The problem is that the rest of the country will need to continue to prop up the city for the forseeable future. It makes sense to try to build and foster a more positive bilateral relationship - it always has.

I think we’re generally sinned against more than sinning, that ‘them against us’ attitude is well earned and well worth keeping, it's our history. Don’t think we are behind most other cities, in fact don't think it could be argued that culturally / architecturally we’re light years ahead of most. Commercially we’re definitely getting there, the city is vibrant which is where it should stay.

Maybe wrong but I’ve generally a fuck us, fuck you attitude (not defending that by the way, know it's probably wrong, just me).