You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Konchesky

Cantrell20

That's such a poor argument. Insua in a couple of years time will be better than Konchesky. Who also has no re-sale value, and isn't enough of an upgrade on Insua to actually improve us as a team. Have you considered that?

abssolutley, it all comes down to the fee we pay for him - if its a few million and he helps us in the short term I dont see the problem, I just dont get the whole hysteria around signing him to be honest. Just think we have far more important area's of the team to be concerned about.

abssolutley, it all comes down to the fee we pay for him - if its a few million and he helps us in the short term I dont see the problem, I just dont get the whole hysteria around signing him to be honest. Just think we have far more important area's of the team to be concerned about.

It looks to be around what we'll get for LDV and Kaca. So we're talking £3 million? If as Roy was 'promised' by the board, he has money available to him from player sales, then why not sort out our left back problem properly and you know, actually buy a good left-back. Konchesky may look good for Fulham where they have 10 men behind the ball, at Liverpool where we will play more open games he'll get ripped apart. At least with Insua I know he has the capacity to improve, and he offers a threat going forward.

I'm sure we can sell Insua for more than Konchesky costs, also selling LDV and Kaca to Fulham will mean we won't pay anything for Konchesky. In all honesty, I just think Roy Hodgson is just clueless on the left back front and in this transfer market in general.

We shouldn't pay more than £1 million if we're throwing in those players too, but knowing us I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least double that. What a truly depressing time to be a supporter of our club. Much better players than this guy have been available all summer but we seem to have been intent on signing him from the off. If we hadn't wasted £2.3 million on Brad Jones we could have gotten someone decent in. Konchesky is not terrible or anything, but he's 29 (no resale value), has only ever played at small clubs, and does not offer any significant improvement on what we already have.

Hopefully this signing is funded by Insua departure, although I would hate him to leave, but his transfer seems imminent now. Anyway, can't understand why we keep Darby and Spearing. With this extra 1-1.5 we could easily sign Ziegler or Taiwo, who just entered final years of their deals. From Mascherano, Nemeth and some others sales of fringe players, that already happened or not, we'll have 20 million pounds to spend on at least one midfielder and striker. I think we could easily sign another winger, especially if the likes of Simone Pepe, Sebastian Giovinco, Salvio, Miralem Sulejmani and Hatem Ben Arfa are available on loan.

It looks to be around what we'll get for LDV and Kaca. So we're talking £3 million? If as Roy was 'promised' by the board, he has money available to him from player sales, then why not sort out our left back problem properly and you know, actually buy a good left-back. Konchesky may look good for Fulham where they have 10 men behind the ball, at Liverpool where we will play more open games he'll get ripped apart. At least with Insua I know he has the capacity to improve, and he offers a threat going forward.

I'm sure we can sell Insua for more than Konchesky costs, also selling LDV and Kaca to Fulham will mean we won't pay anything for Konchesky. In all honesty, I just think Roy Hodgson is just clueless on the left back front and in this transfer market in general.

Gary, Ill agree with you if he doesnt spend the money he has on other area's of the team - all I mean is that if he's looking for a cheap left back to save money for other area's them Im ok with that. I think Konchesky can do a job thats all.

Gary, Ill agree with you if he doesnt spend the money he has on other area's of the team - all I mean is that if he's looking for a cheap left back to save money for other area's them Im ok with that. I think Konchesky can do a job thats all.

3 days left.

Roy needs a left back, striker and midfielder.

What do you think.

It's going to cost £3m plus LDV & Kaca to buy Konchesky.

Purslow isn't having a great time with buying and selling players in real-life is he?

He's only getting the players Roy has asked for, to be fair. I don't think Roy asked for Shelvey, Wilson, Jovanovic or Cole but most people are happy enough with them.

3 days left.

Roy needs a left back, striker and midfielder.

What do you think.

Im just trying to be optimistic until tuesday at 5 and then Ill decide. Currently Im very nervous and trying to cling on to any ray of hope I can. We need a winger on top of that list as well.

Christ almighty, give it a rest will you. You are getting fucking boring. Thanks.

Why has Insua the capacity to improve ? Will he suddenly get 3 yards quicker or develop the basic full back ideals of '' jockeying '' a man and actually preventing a cross ? Clueless like the guy who signed Insua and Josemi, or Kromkamp ? He did however sign Arbeloa amd let him leave for buttons and brought us a true yet collapsible footballer in Aurelio.

Why has Insua the capacity to improve ? Will he suddenly get 3 yards quicker or develop the basic full back ideals of '' jockeying '' a man and actually preventing a cross ? Clueless like the guy who signed Insua and Josemi, or Kromkamp ? He did however sign Arbeloa amd let him leave for buttons and brought us a true yet collapsible footballer in Aurelio.

What does that say about the level of reserves and youngsters currently milling round at Anfield?

Insua was by far the best young player we had coming through not too long ago. For him to get his chance and then be labelled as shite by our 'great support' after a run in the team is either indicative of the chronic lack of young quality or the lack of patience of the 'fans'.

Today Sevilla finalised a loan deal for Martin Caceres with a view to a permanent deal for, ironically, four million pounds. Decent, not worse than Konchesky, full-backs, like Marco Motta, Van den Borre or Michael Mancienne were available on loan. Not to mention Salcido, Taiwo and Ziegler from cut price bargains. It reminds a bit of Dossena, anyway, then we were quite flush with cash, while Dossena, especially for Italian conditions, wasn't an old defender, while Paul, when we'll want to get rid of him, so next summer, won't be sold for more than 50% we pay for him.

Its like raieeeeeaaaaiiinnnn.........

What does that say about the level of reserves and youngsters currently milling round at Anfield?

Insua was by far the best young player we had coming through not too long ago. For him to get his chance and then be labelled as shite by our 'great support' after a run in the team is either indicative of the chronic lack of young quality or the lack of patience of the 'fans'.

Thats one of our biggest problems, our youth system produces fuck all. A decent production line would have saved us millions on squad fillers. Kellys the first one for a while that, though hes never gonna be as talented as someone like johnson, can provide cover across the back four and hopefully stop us having to sign people like degen. Spearing is the best midfielder to come through since gerrard. I've got nothing against the lad but if we compare that to what barcelona produce theres something going seriously wrong. It seems to be a problem for most english teams so hopefully we can keep the spanish fellas rafa brought in though i must admit i know nothing about them or even if they're still here.

As an outsider, Im shocked how poor Insua is seen by Liverpool fans, he's a young talented player, and young players at time will lose their way, we had the same thing with Clichy, haing a shocking season and now looks to have picked up again. I really dont think Konchesky is Liverpool standard at all, and Insua will become a far better player

As an outsider, Im shocked how poor Insua is seen by Liverpool fans, he's a young talented player, and young players at time will lose their way, we had the same thing with Clichy, haing a shocking season and now looks to have picked up again. I really dont think Konchesky is Liverpool standard at all, and Insua will become a far better player

A mate of mine who supports a team that i'd rather not talk about reckons that hed rather have lucas than anderson as lucas is at least generally in the right position most of the time and didn't cost 18 million. Have to say though that clichy is miles better than insua who is probably better than konchesky was at 21.

Clichy is shite.

Clichy started off brightly like Insua. But he is shocking as well. Can't defend to save his life, can't cross. He's also a few years older than Insua.

I'm not too concerned about this signing, yes a few vindictive comments have been made by those strangely not over the last managers depature but this guy is much better than the last left back that Benitez signed and twice as cheap so if you look at it like that it is a good deal.