You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the demo released?

Also, will our ownership be sorted by the start of the game and if not will it take until the first patch to sort it?

I asked Miles from Si on Twitter last week and he said they'll probably leave it as it is as they can't wait for them to sort it out and then release the game. I'll ask him again though now that it's sorted, should have enough time to sort it, we can do it in minutes on the editors.

Exclusive Football Manager 2011 blog with Miles Jacobson day 14: How to get your FREE demo of the world's greatest soccer simulation video game with MirrorFootball.co.uk - Football Manager 2011 - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Exclusive FM2011 blog with Miles Jacobson day 14: How to get your FREE demo with MirrorFootball.co.uk

By Dan Silver in Football Manager 2010

Published 23:59 17/10/10

Football Manager Blog with Miles Jacobson

I am delighted to be able to announce that the UK version of Football Manager 2011 on the PC & Mac went into manufacture on Saturday afternoon.

Why should you care about that? After all, we set the release date of November 5th some time ago, and haven’t suggested that it wouldn’t be out at that time.

Well, the first thing we do once we have heard that the game has “gone gold”, as we seem to say in the games industry when a game goes into manufacture, is start work on the demo version of the game.

For those who aren’t aware, every year we release a half-season demo of Football Manager. This is partly to give people the chance who have already pre-ordered to start playing the game, and try a few things out, knowing that they can take any saved game from the demo and play it when they get the actual game themselves.

It’s also so that people who haven’t ordered, or even played any of our previous Football Manager games, get the chance to try it out before deciding whether they want to buy the game or not.

Think of it like hearing a single on the radio, then deciding whether you want to buy the album or not!

This demo version normally comes out 2 weeks before release, so by rights, it should be out this Friday then, right? Well, yes, it will be released on Friday, but MirrorFootball readers will be able to get it a day earlier, on Thursday 21st October.

To ensure that you get the best download speeds possible, we and MirrorFootball have teamed up with Steam, an online distribution platform, to deliver the demo to you.

The leagues that will be playable in the demo are England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina and Chile, but you can only play one countries league at a time. So it’s really 12 half seasons!

Of course, you can restart the demo as many times as you want and play it for as long as you want to too – we don’t put timers onto our demos that only allow you to play for a couple of hours or anything like that.

I’ll be back tomorrow with my normal blog, and a look at some of the new features that are coming in the game and the demo!

Just had a quick look at the demo. First impressions are good. I guess the test comes down to the first game. They've totally underrated Kelly, Patches, Wisdom and Ince though. Ngoo has 17 heading and is otherwise shit... great scouting.

Worst of all Poulsen looks really good...

Just had a little test run, looks pretty good. The UI looks perfect for the iPad, coincidentally.

First thing I did was get rid of Poulsen. Had 0 transfer budget, did the budget adjustments and got 1.7m. Booted out Babel, 8m. Shitandje 1.3m. Arda Turan being offered for 13m, so I fucked off a few of the youths for 300-400k each and snapped him up. Playing 4-4-2 with natural width. Raul Meireles looks pretty good in matches, though his stats aren't too hot.

Untitled.png

So i could load up 01/02 and have the new players for this season?

Walton Red, you need the original CM 01/02 game, if you haven't got it you can download from that site as the game is now abandonware/freeware because it is so old.

Then you need to download the 3.9.68 patch - also available from that site.

Next, you download the latest patch which is bang up to date in terms of transfers, wages, valuations, competition name changes and start year i.e. 2010/11 season. The few things that are not bang up to date are Competition formats such as Europa Groups, they are still UEFA Cup round 1,2,3, etc to the final. Champs League is still 2 group stages then quarters format and competition history isnt up to date. But almost everything else is.

Its dead easy to download and install, if you need any help just PM me but there are instructions on the site.

It pisses all over any of the FM's (my opinion of course) in terms of playability.

If you download it, get ready to lose your life all over again!

Only played on it for an hour but so far it's streets ahead of FM10. Big improvement

I'd agree with this at the moment. Only a few hours game time played, but I'm certainly more impressed than I was at any stage with FM10.

I'll have to play the demo to the end before making a final decision on whether to purchase or not, but for now, it looks like SI have me back on board once more.

I still don't like the breadcrumbs menus, but because they way the feeds look, I'm not as cynical as I was on FM10.

If I do end up buying this, then I'll no doubt look to get a network game started in the near future. I'm sure I'll be able to juggle something around work and Black Ops....

Went as Fulham and got a healthy transfer budget of £10 mil and added another £5 mil by selling off some of the shit on the bench.

Brought in Defour for £5.5mil, Lukaku for £6.5mil over 48 months and Tom Cairney for £2.5 mil which leaves me with a fairly decent midfield and strike force. I was also looking at Ridgewell, Dann and Phil Jones but they were either too expensive or a bigger team signed them.

Does anyone know if the transfer budget and prices of players will be adjusted in the first patch (Defour is only valued at £1.9mil) or have they locked the stats in for the release?