You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Entered January 2019 and I've dropped 2 points so far this season. Finished top of the CL group and knocked out of the League Cup by City in the quarters. I have shitloads of young lads which means I could go 3 or 4 years without buying another player and I could quite easily dominate Europe. My team looks like this:

LiverpoolLiverpool_Tactics-2.png[/img]

These are some of my best regens, put in NSFW tags to stop the thread being slow:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

ChristianJansenProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

MikeBurgessProfile_Attributes-2.png[/img]

ArielDanieleProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

Jean-PhilippeDelhayeProfile_Attributes-2.png[/img]

DaveDussautProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

FredZakuaniProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

JimmyDubusProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

LucaVernaProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

FelipeProfile_Attributes.png[/img]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a who-has-the-best-regen dick waving contest is one thing this thread is lacking, although I'm personally not far enough into my Liverpool game (4 seasons) to have any regens capable of matching Lewis's unfortunately.

Out of interest how much did you have to part with for Wilshere? Arsenal actually offered him to me for £5m! Daft cunts.

Looking back, that regen is everything we hope Carroll to be...

Still scouting for more youngsters because this is the furthest I've ever got in FM and may leave Liverpool for international management and try and bring a small club up the leagues. Before that though, I want a stadium and statue named after me. Anyone ever had them?

Selling Muniain for £25 mill and Delac for £14 mill. £39 mill for 2 players who made less than 25 appearances between them is not bad business...

Ended the season as treble winners and had 103 points in the league as there is literally no challenge from anyone apart from City. Apart from Reina I don't have many players over 30 and my first team is littered with regens so I class the likes of Moussa Sissoko, Bale and Sanchez as my oldies now so I still have the potential to win everything for another ten years.

I'll get some more screenshots up when I've finished in the transfer window...

Plus every time we get a decent offer for one of our top players, the board accept it over my head. Is there any way of protesting? It's starting to piss me right off.

There is a way around it if you're not morally object to exploiting a slight bug in the game.

Set your players value to 0. Clubs will only offer that and you can reject it off hand. They won't come back with a bigger offer as that's what its set at

Looks like FM12 is due in just over 5 weeks time - was hoping to squeeze another season out of my Liverpool save before the new version is out, but my Portuguese former minnows are still lying 5th in the top flight with three games of the season left to go. If I drag these fuckers into Europe I think I'll have one more season on this game to see what managing a club that isn't LFC in Europe is like, by which time '12 will be nearly out, at the rate I play the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I'm going to get back to my Liverpool save now. Finished 5th in Portugal with Espinho and after beating Vardar and coming from behind against Unirea over two legs we made the Europa League group stages. Could have drawn Liverpool - currently managed by Tony Mowbray (!!!) but instead got Leverkusen, Olympiakos and Austria Vienna. Got royally twatted by Leverkusen away first time out but bounced back to beat Vienna 3-0 at home to sit third in the group after two games. Seventh in the early league table, built a squad of decent depth but it's being tested by the extra games.

Still might decide to go back to my Liverpool game once I get knocked out of Europe on this one though, since I doubt there's much improving on 5th in the league (Benfica, Porto, Sporting and Braga on a totally different plane to be honest) but time's running out, really looking forward to FM12 now, to see what I can do with this year's Liverpool team (as well as another parallel lower league challenge)

My Torquay save has been the greatest FM game I've ever played, just for the challenge. Despite only getting about £8m to spend a year in the Premier League, the only trophy I haven't won is the League Cup. I'm trying to keep it going (this is my 19th season) until the board finally agree to move to a new stadium and name it after me. Can't be too long, we sell out every game and can't redevelop the stadium any more.

Just about to start the 2020/21 season. Just counted and realised that Liverpool have now won 93 first team trophies, a lot of which I've added. We're pretty much selling out a 70k seater stadium which was built a few years ago then extended after 1 year. All my boss players (Sanchez, Hazard, Bale, Sissoko, Wilshere and Pepe are either into or about to reach their 30's apart from Pepe who is about 37 now and still first choice. I want to make Pepe our highest appearance holder and I've still got another 100 league appearances to go.

I do have some ace youngsters coming through but I'll be gutted when I have to faze out this world class team I've built due to old age.