You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Ageuro is not going to sit on the bench mate, he is one of the best players in the world and IMO Gerrard's equal in the role behind a striker... he scores just as many if not more in a worse side too...

He is only a few players in the world good enough for us to move Gerrard back for.

I don't agree with that

For me, Gerrard is peerless in his current position.

Aguero would still easily get 35-40 games per season, as its not as if we are going to stick with the same formation week in, week out

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the family/wife issue, where's her loyalty and consideration for her husband's happiness when she's fucking off back to Argentina?

I think people are being too generous in their sympathies for Mrs Masherano and her husband's plight, it's not like it's forever (if indeed this 'plight' is genuine).

Barcelona will never pay enough to get Benitez to sell Mascherano.

REAL, however, are likely to pay every penny of that £35m for Alonso and VERY likely to pay over £25m for him.

Can we get a replacement for Alonso and have enough to make a matchwinner purchase? I think we probably could.

Can we replace both in the same summer and improve our attack? No, I don't that we will regardless of what money we receive.

We'd be desperate and clubs would price accordingly. Just like United... They dragged their feet over their priority signing over a paying their Lyon surtax for him and they've lost him now.

Ferguscum has to be shitting himself, and he'll probably panic into over paying for their next attempt.

On the family/wife issue, where's her loyalty and consideration for her husband's happiness when she's fucking off back to Argentina?

I think people are being too generous in their sympathies for Mrs Masherano and her husband's plight, it's not like it's forever (if indeed this 'plight' is genuine).

She has boobs, he has a dick!

I think it is understandable myself, in all fairness she hasn't reached this decision quickly it has taken three years of living in Britain, whereas Keanes wife didn't like living 200 miles up the fucking motorway!

As for Aquero, why pay 40 million quid for a player who is not better than the one currently playing in that position?

Great players win titles, not systems. Trying to fit Aguero alongside Torres and Gerrard would excite any manager. What we'd lose in 'control', we'd gain in ripping the vast majority of teams apart. I'm sure we'd manage either way.

Great players win titles, not systems. Trying to fit Aguero alongside Torres and Gerrard would excite any manager. What we'd lose in 'control', we'd gain in ripping the vast majority of teams apart. I'm sure we'd manage either way.

Correction:

Great teams win titles

Ageuro is not going to sit on the bench mate, he is one of the best players in the world and IMO Gerrard's equal in the role behind a striker... he scores just as many if not more in a worse side too...

He is only a few players in the world good enough for us to move Gerrard back for.

Gerrard has moved on. He ain't your standard centre midfield player anymore.

His best position is behind Nando, between the lines.

Can't see what breaking up the partnership would achieve.

Ageuro would get enough games when either Stevie or Nando gets injured, and with sexy tits playing in the confederation cup this season, and the world cup next season, as well as the European championships last summer, he won't be playing every game of the up coming season.

But more importantly, I can't see us spunking 40 million on Ageuro to start with.

Gerrard has moved on. He ain't your standard centre midfield player anymore.

His best position is behind Nando, between the lines.

Can't see what breaking up the partnership would achieve.

Ageuro would get enough games when either Stevie or Nando gets injured, and with sexy tits playing in the confederation cup this season, and the world cup next season, as well as the European championships last summer, he won't be playing every game of the up coming season.

But more importantly, I can't see us spunking 40 million on Ageuro to start with.

If we get inflated fees for Masch and Alonso then £40m on Aguero is worth it. He is twice the player Tevez is.

I'm sure we're all well aware of how important the 'team' concept is, but in terms of matchwinners and the driving force of any successful title winning team, it's always more beneficial if they just happen to be top class, then you build your system and philosophy around them. So Aguero for Xabi seems like a fair trade off.

Even if we did sign Aguero, which we won't, it'd get fucking crowded in there, with him and Stevie. Plus Rafa'd never go with just one holding midfielder, especially if Mascherano goes, because then it'd be Lucas.

I reckon Mascherano's more likely to go than Xabi, to be honest, because he seems prepared to agitate for a move, whereas you get the impression Xabi'll just see what happens. They'll probably both end up going, so I've come up with a list of players who could replace them, who we could get. Here it is.

No great players, playing in great systems with great managers is what consistently wins stuff.

I agree being more gung ho has it's attractions, but in those last 15 games of the season when you are playing the top teams in must win games would you risk it. I prefer the benitez route of the solid foundation + the attacking play that saw us mug manure et al. Why give up the control when you can have both?

They got him for £15m - is is 2 years older. They won't get £30m cos nobody will buy him for that... come August it will be £15m.

I think its more to do with their valuation when trying to offer him has part of the Alonso deal.

No great players, playing in great systems with great managers is what consistently wins stuff.

It's not about 'gung ho', just better players with the right mentality. Systems are important but quality and desire will always shine through in a succesful team. It's what our success was built on, and what Ferguson has done at the mancs, and they're no less solid as a unit.

I think due to financial constraints Rafa has had to be a lot more controlled in his approach, and hand pick players to suit that philosophy. So it's no suprise now that as the quality of the individuals improve so does our attacking mindset and title chances. Like anything it's about balance, and he's getting it just about right.