You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
“He has a long contract and any club can forget about bidding for him. They can offer 40m or even 50m, we don’t want to sell.”

But Rafa's a liar

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt any top footballers wife gets truly unsettled these days. They live a life of luxury that we can only dream of, even in run down Woolton village, and most are used to travelling around and supporting their husband's career needs.

Obviously there's exceptions who demand better weather and shopping, but usually it's just a good escape clause for better money or a move elswhere.

I think it's quite possible that she's homesick. Being thousands of miles from her family with a baby (as she soon will have) must be hard, especially if she doesn't have any friends.

Living in a country were she can speak the language fluently and is likely to have friends already would make a big difference. Money isn't really a factor, it's like when rich people get depressed and people say "how can they be depressed with all that money?" It can happen.

As for it being made up so Mascherano can get a transfer and subsequent pay day, this could be true but I think I'm entitled to believe the guy.

If he does leave, he'd do so with no hard feelings from me. I'd be gutted but I'd wish him well.

(IF TRUE) It means Rafa is encouraging them to make an offer rather than saying "Not for Sale at any price".

Wow!

How did you glean that, from the below line on the BBC site?

"after Barca's technical director received permission from Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez to make an offer."

You must be like Mrs Marple or soemthing

She'll still be thousands of miles away from her family in Spain. Maybe she should have said something before Kia started hawking her husband around every club in the Premiership, ending up at West Ham. Now Masch is in demand she fancies a bit of the high life in Barcelona, tough shit.

I could have sworn I read a piece not long ago about how much Masch and his family loved the City and were settled here. Maybe that was before he was getting offers from the best club in Spain.

Edited by Stevie P

She got married? Gutted.

To a Mr Marple as well

Very strange

To a Mr Marple as well

Very strange

And here he is:

Marple.JPG

June 9, 2009

The Loudoun County School Board has appointed Robert Marple to be principal of Hamilton Elementary effective July 1, 2009. Mr. Marple is returning to Hamilton where he taught thirteen years ago. He remembers Hamilton as a warm, friendly, caring community of students, staff and families and he is anxious to return as principal. The Hamilton staff is thrilled to welcome him back to Hamilton.

Mr. Marple is completing his third year as assistant principal at Evergreen Mill Elementary School and his thirteenth year in the Loudoun County Public Schools. He has served as an assistant principal at Park View High School as well as Lowes Island Elementary School and as a middle school dean at Farmwell Station Middle School.

Mr. Marple began his career in Loudoun County as an elementary physical education teacher and a high school basketball coach at Loudoun County High School. He received his undergraduate degree in Physical Education from Shepherd University and his Masters Degree from Shenandoah University in School Leadership and Administration.

He is currently working on his doctoral dissertation in the School Leadership and Administration Doctoral Program at Shenandoah University. Mr. Marple looks forward to serving the students, staff and community of Hamilton Elementary and working to continue the rich traditions that have been established.

He will begin as principal of Hamilton Elementary on July 1, 2009.

The wrong attitude, surely?

As much as we supporters might think differently, family really should come first.

I think ultimately yes, but that needs to be mid to long term view too.

I don't thikn it's acceptable for Mrs Masch to suddenly kick off just before the summer and for that to be then valid as an excuse for him leaving. He's played for us for over two years now, benn in England for 3, so its not like its only just happened.

That is of course if Mrs Masch is at all unsettled, funny how we heard nothing of this until Maschs agent was selling him off to Barca.

One would hope he just wants a new contract and then shut up, but if his wife is homesick, there is nothing to stop him continuing in his employment awhilst she returns home as thousands of people do and usually for far less money.

I don't thikn it's acceptable for Mrs Masch to suddenly kick off just before the summer and for that to be then valid as an excuse for him leaving. He's played for us for over two years now, benn in England for 3, so its not like its only just happened.

That is of course if Mrs Masch is at all unsettled, funny how we heard nothing of this until Maschs agent was selling him off to Barca.

One would hope he just wants a new contract and then shut up, but if his wife is homesick, there is nothing to stop him continuing in his employment awhilst she returns home as thousands of people do and usually for far less money.

He has been unsettled for a while now and i mentioned it ages ago but was told to shut up by Rashid as i was talking bollocks.

Playing devil's advocat...

Mascherano has been here for 2 years, so they have both tried to adjust to life in God's country (the north of England). It's not as if they've been here for 5 minutes, don't like it and want to fuck off. It's that mid to long term view you mentioned for me.

So you want Mascherano to live apart from his misses and his baby for the next 3 years to play for us, because he's on a fortune? Yeah right, and I would as well. I don't think.

As I said before, it's not about the money.

I could be way off here, and I know it doesn't really matter what we think, he's either going to go or he's not. All I'm saying is if he does go, there will be no hard feelings from me and I'll look back on him in a positive way. If he stays then fucking ace.

No real sympathy for this "wife isn't happy" bullshit. I could understand a player wanting to go back home for the sake of his kids' education or something but these players are earning an absolute fortune, can have second/third/fourth homes anywhere in the world and could afford to fly the missus in/out first class whenever she wants. And his career's only for ten years max.

I assume she knew he was a footballer when she married him. You'd think she was some squaddie's wife stuck in some damp army house in Aldershot while hubbie was being sent off to fight round the world.

Can we just sign British lads from now on and no more of these downtrodden foreign multi millionares for whom lifestyle and weather comes first, and whose wives want to go home the minute they become pregant.

The stepdown in class would be worth it if we don't have to read about this 'unsettled' nonsense anymore.

No real sympathy for this "wife isn't happy" bullshit. I could understand a player wanting to go back home for the sake of his kids' education or something but these players are earning an absolute fortune, can have second/third/fourth homes anywhere in the world and could afford to fly the missus in/out first class whenever she wants. And his career's only for ten years max.

I assume she knew he was a footballer when she married him. You'd think she was some squaddie's wife stuck in some damp army house in Aldershot while hubbie was being sent off to fight round the world.

Couldn't agree more.

He has been unsettled for a while now and i mentioned it ages ago but was told to shut up by Rashid as i was talking bollocks.

Ah, fair dos, thought it was simply a ploy by the agent to increase the drama and push us into making a new contract offer.

thats a bummer, Coop, as i was dismissing the Masch stuff as purely about pay, this makes me wonder if there is more too if. Bottoms.

Can we just sign British lads from now on and no more of these downtrodden foreign multi millionares for whom lifestyle and weather comes first, and whose wives want to go home the minute they become pregant.

The stepdown in class would be worth it if we don't have to read about this 'unsettled' nonsense anymore.

When was the last time a team full of Englishmen win anything both for LFC or anyone else?

Or insist on a vasectomy as part of their contract.

What like David Unsworth who left Villa after a week because his wife didn't realise it was so far from Liverpool?