You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Redder Lurtz

Just to show that there is life on the other side, I am on fucking fire at the moment. I currently have 6 birds on the go. One I've already banged and going out with again in a couple of weeks, one I've got a lunch date with in about half an hour, another date on Wednesday, a ginger one who I've been out with a couple of times but only had a bit of a grope off, a bird I met last night in Chester and last but not least a bird from Wigan who insists on sending me pictures of her tits!

It's not bad this being single lark once you get used to it, although I do need to cull at least a couple. There's not enough days in the week or money in my wallet. Good times.

I hope you said 'cull' and not 'kill?' Mr Chevette is in no mood to have his farm in the North East searched again. The current corpses are still warm. Allegedly.

Just to show that there is life on the other side, I am on fucking fire at the moment. I currently have 6 birds on the go. One I've already banged and going out with again in a couple of weeks, one I've got a lunch date with in about half an hour, another date on Wednesday, a ginger one who I've been out with a couple of times but only had a bit of a grope off, a bird I met last night in Chester and last but not least a bird from Wigan who insists on sending me pictures of her tits!

It's not bad this being single lark once you get used to it, although I do need to cull at least a couple. There's not enough days in the week or money in my wallet. Good times.

I've been you.

It's all fun and games when they're all saying that all they want is a bit of fun. Yeah just some fun and some casual sex they say.

I've been there banging A on Monday then B on Tuesday then C on Wednesday.

I've been there banging D on Thursday and E has been begging you to bang her on Friday.

Trust me I've been there. It's great.

As the weeks and months wear on and A is wanting to bang you Wednesday and C is wanting to bang you on Tuesday and B is fingering herself on FaceTime when you're out with D and you're wondering why your phone is buzzing non fucking stop as you want to go out with your mates for a few pints to watch the footy on a Sunday and then C finds out about E and then A, B, C, E and F all hate your fucking guts because someone has spilled the beans on you and it's all falling down around you and all you've got left is D and to be honest she's fat and ugly and she was only in the squad to make up the numbers you'll think to yourself...

I fucking hate women they're all cunts.

• Upvote 4

I've been you.

It's all fun and games when they're all saying that all they want is a bit of fun. Yeah just some fun and some casual sex they say.

I've been there banging A on Monday then B on Tuesday then C on Wednesday.

I've been there banging D on Thursday and E has been begging you to bang her on Friday.

Trust me I've been there. It's great.

As the weeks and months wear on and A is wanting to bang you Wednesday and C is wanting to bang you on Tuesday and B is fingering herself on FaceTime when you're out with D and you're wondering why your phone is buzzing non fucking stop as you want to go out with your mates for a few pints to watch the footy on a Sunday and then C finds out about E and then A, B, C, E and F all hate your fucking guts because someone has spilled the beans on you and it's all falling down around you and all you've got left is D and to be honest she's fat and ugly and she was only in the squad to make up the numbers you'll think to yourself...

I fucking hate women they're all cunts.

Haha, well that's my bubble well and truly burst!!!

• 1 month later...

Just found out my ex is seeing someone, but not just anyone. It's her sisters stepson who's about 15 years younger than her. The real gut puncher though is that I had my suspicions she was already seeing him at the time we split up but couldn't/didn't want to believe she would do that. How fucking stupid was I?

TBH I thought I'd be completely devastated by something like this but I don't really know how to feel. Can't pretend it doesn't hurt but I'm more numb than anything.

There's definitely potential for me to get really angry but I don't want to do that as it's self defeating. Just writing this here to help me process.

• Upvote 1

Just found out my ex is seeing someone, but not just anyone. It's her sisters stepson who's about 15 years younger than her. The real gut puncher though is that I had my suspicions she was already seeing him at the time we split up but couldn't/didn't want to believe she would do that. How fucking stupid was I?

TBH I thought I'd be completely devastated by something like this but I don't really know how to feel. Can't pretend it doesn't hurt but I'm more numb than anything.

There's definitely potential for me to get really angry but I don't want to do that as it's self defeating. Just writing this here to help me process.

Guess it'd be hard to process but just comfort yourself with the fact that her sister is going to be her mum-in-law and whatever anger you might feel you'll get a few shits and giggles out of that.

Fucking Hell, what an incesteous skank!

You should be happy to be out of that, mate

Cheers lads, it's a really weird feeling and not at all what I expected. Last nail in the coffin of our relationship anyway.

Not going to allow myself to get angry but it says a lot that it took my 12 year old daughter to tell me as she couldn't keep it secret from me any longer, rather than my ex having the balls to tell me herself.

My daughter was in tears telling me because her mother had put her in such a horrible position. I'm more angry about that.

So if it did come down to it, she makes nearly 3 times as much as me as I've given up much of my career to support hers.

If I have to pay child support for the 3 kids I'll be fucked. Don't make enough to make a real go of it as it is ("mutual decision" to help with her career).

Only hope I have is that she would have to pay me more in alimony than I would have to pay her in support, but no idea how that works.

So if it did come down to it, she makes nearly 3 times as much as me as I've given up much of my career to support hers.

If I have to pay child support for the 3 kids I'll be fucked. Don't make enough to make a real go of it as it is ("mutual decision" to help with her career).

Only hope I have is that she would have to pay me more in alimony than I would have to pay her in support, but no idea how that works.

Divorce - if there are dependent-age kids - is financial ruin.  

For both, generally.

For a start, you all of a sudden have to start running/paying for two homes.

My missus and I (and other married friends) agree that, come what may hypothetically, we simply couldn't afford to get divorced.

The Mrs makes enough that she figures she would be fine and I would pay child support on top of what she makes, so she would be fine while I wind up homeless.

Well, that's ruinous... and even the other party - acknowledging that their ex-partner also happened to be the father of their children - wouldn't want that to happen, if they loved their children.  IMO.

The Mrs makes enough that she figures she would be fine and I would pay child support on top of what she makes, so she would be fine while I wind up homeless.

I'm sorry Alan, but this just sounds like another way to manipulate you and keep you trapped.

The best thing you'll ever do is making yourself happy. I pray that you do it.

• Upvote 2

I'm sorry Alan, but this just sounds like another way to manipulate you and keep you trapped.

The best thing you'll ever do is making yourself happy. I pray that you do it.

Totally agree with this. You should probably see a divorce lawyer to get an idea of facts though, as at the moment you seem to have a lot of stuff going round your head and much of it is guesswork or rumour.

• Upvote 1

Not being funny in any way mate and not underestimating the forum but do you have anyone else to speak to about this.

Shit like this can hurt deep down and a good ear may help.

Not that I have ever taken my own advice, but if you can do it.

Struggling to cope here. This shit has hit me so hard. All hope I had of somehow getting back together, even after nearly 2 years apart, has now gone and it feels there's no way forward. Every single thought and image of her and him being together is going round in my head on a loop and I can't seem to switch it off. It fucking hurts and I fucking hate it! I can't believe she can do this to me and find it so easy to move on, knowing what she is doing to me. How can someone not care after so long together? We have two children together so there's not even an escape from me seeing her or having to be in contact with her.

I have family, friends and support around me but I feel completely alone, without hope, without a future. I just want to close my eyes and wake up when this is all over. I need to find some strength from somewhere, I just don't know where.

( sorry for the indulgence)

• Upvote 5

It's not indulgent mate and hopefully a little cathartic at least. I wish I had the words or capacity to help here but I just don't, sorry. All I can say is that you seem a really good lad and that I really hope there's someone in future who will appreciate that. As hard as it is, you need to forget about what's gone on. No one who hurts you is worthy of your  emotions. Put that energy into improving you. Gym, hobbies, new language, saving up for a boss holiday away from it all, whatever... We're all mad, disparate cunts on here, the vast majority of whom have and never will meet, but regardless I still reckon we care for one another in our own, weird and wonderful ways and you'll have the support and sympathy of all of us. It's not the same I know, but you're not alone mate.

• Upvote 6