You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divorce - pros & cons?

Lurtz

This situation just gets better and better. After sorting out my pension death benefit yesterday and making an appointment to get a will written, I texted the ex and asked her straight if she was planning on starting divorce proceedings as soon as the 2 years separation was up. This was the reply that I got:

"I don't know where your coming from at all either your playing stupid with me or you have ignored the letters , I started the divorce proceedings in December 2016 , my solicitors advised me that you will have got the letter in late December or early January of this year , I am actually really shocked that you don't know this , I will contact my solicitors tomorrow and ask them what's going on as I have been under the impression you new about the divorce all this time , I have signed the decree nisi and waiting to here for a date"

What the actual fuck??!!!!!

This is the first I've heard of any of this, I haven't received a thing from her solicitors and not once has she mentioned that she started proceedings against me last year.

I feel like I'm living in a soap opera!

This situation just gets better and better. After sorting out my pension death benefit yesterday and making an appointment to get a will written, I texted the ex and asked her straight if she was planning on starting divorce proceedings as soon as the 2 years separation was up. This was the reply that I got:

"I don't know where your coming from at all either your playing stupid with me or you have ignored the letters , I started the divorce proceedings in December 2016 , my solicitors advised me that you will have got the letter in late December or early January of this year , I am actually really shocked that you don't know this , I will contact my solicitors tomorrow and ask them what's going on as I have been under the impression you new about the divorce all this time , I have signed the decree nisi and waiting to here for a date"

What the actual fuck??!!!!!

This is the first I've heard of any of this, I haven't received a thing from her solicitors and not once has she mentioned that she started proceedings against me last year.

I feel like I'm living in a soap opera!

As I said, mate, you're not going to be moving on from, or missing much.

Right, I've decided to document my divorce on here, to allow me to process, for posterity and also to hopefully remind myself in a few years how far I've come.

The latest installment is that the solicitor she instructed last year to start divorce proceedings is one of these fixed price divorce lawyers, but apparently he is a bit of a shyster and has previous form for taking people's money up front and then doing nothing for months on end.

I shouldn't laugh but......

She now wants me to ring him up and find out what's going on for her!!

I'm going to see DWF on Monday.

Until next time.....

Right, I've decided to document my divorce on here, to allow me to process, for posterity and also to hopefully remind myself in a few years how far I've come.

The latest installment is that the solicitor she instructed last year to start divorce proceedings is one of these fixed price divorce lawyers, but apparently he is a bit of a shyster and has previous form for taking people's money up front and then doing nothing for months on end.

Until next time.....

My missus used to work for DWF, let me know who you speak to and I'll get the low down on them.

Until next time.....

Bizarre shit.

Skend's advice seems sensible...

Cheers Rico, I went to DWF today and saw a Beverley Jones.

Right, the wife doesn't know her personally but says if she's the partner she should be good. She's going to ask around tomorrow and get more info. They are a good firm though so you'll be ok with them. They may be a bit dear but you'll never spend 'better' money.

Right, the wife doesn't know her personally but says if she's the partner she should be good. She's going to ask around tomorrow and get more info. They are a good firm though so you'll be ok with them. They may be a bit dear but you'll never spend 'better' money.

Nice one mate, really appreciate it.

Like you say they might be dear but I'd rather have a good lawyer than a cheap one.

Oh and definitely would

• Upvote 1

Nice one mate, really appreciate it.

Like you say they might be dear but I'd rather have a good lawyer than a cheap one.

Oh and definitely would

Angle for a 'discount', or a custom payment option....ifyouknowwhatimean

Then cry when she sues you for sexual harassment and wins.

Update:

She's now told me that the divorce petition has been sent to the court. I've not heard anything yet but she must be going for unreasonable behaviour as grounds so can't wait to read the justification for that. I've asked her directly if this is the case and she just won't answer me. It's only 7 weeks until the 2 year separation but she's still going ahead now.

She also dropped by my house this morning to drop off some of the kids clothes, passed the bags to my eldest on the doorstep to give to me rather than hand them to me herself, and not once did she look up at me. Just kept her head down underneath a cap and then turned straight around back to her car.

Have also had her initial which was tattooed on my arm covered up, which was actually a very hard thing for me to do, daft as that is.

• Upvote 1

Update:

She's now told me that the divorce petition has been sent to the court. I've not heard anything yet but she must be going for unreasonable behaviour as grounds so can't wait to read the justification for that. I've asked her directly if this is the case and she just won't answer me. It's only 7 weeks until the 2 year separation but she's still going ahead now.

She also dropped by my house this morning to drop off some of the kids clothes, passed the bags to my eldest on the doorstep to give to me rather than hand them to me herself, and not once did she look up at me. Just kept her head down underneath a cap and then turned straight around back to her car.

Have also had her initial which was tattooed on my arm covered up, which was actually a very hard thing for me to do, daft as that is.

Chin up Jenson. Things will slowly and steadily get better.

• Upvote 1