You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

I like Spaletti a lot but I couldn't see us appointing someone in their mid 60s. The Napoli title also had a whiff of (and fair play if it was) the top of the mountain being reached for him. Not sure he could be arsed trying to do it again elsewhere.

I think he'll manage Fiorentina next (to be close to his home) then call it a day. 

6 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

It's definitely going to be a hard act to follow for whoever comes in, a lot of players with a big wedge of loyalty to Klopp to.

Alonso is number 1 for me but given the lure of Real Madrid I can easily see him headed that way so am not getting my hopes up in that respect.

RDZ isn't a terrible shout, has a pretty cool personality(albeit still uses a translator for a lot of his stuff) and he's also on record as saying he doesn't like 80% of prem refs so yah know.... I would however question his will to stick it out if things dont entirely work out for him in reasonably short order.

If you want a left field pick from me, Luciano Spalletti might be a good shout.

Ancelotti signed an extension with Madrid until 2026, there are a few other big teams who could, future extensions aside, all be looking for new managers in 2025-2026.

It's why, unexpected sackings aside, the news today could put us in a decent position despite being devastating in it's own right as we have a relatively clear run at whoever we want at the moment.

City will get their justice in time. Jurgen will have 3 titles and hopefully 4 titles to his name. The Mancs deserve their two and Arsenal do also.

I'm just gutted to be honest. He is an incredible manager and incredible man. He is irreplaceable. Only Ancelloti and Pep (I know don't judge me) are on his level, but personally neither of them could have come close to doing what he did here. 

The job is really interesting for the right man. I don't know if Xabi is good enough but I'd be very happy with giving him the top seat. The only downside is that Real will be always in the background, but the days of a mega club having a manager club for longer than five years will become more and more rare.

De Zerbi is a good manager, but he's the type Spurs take a punt on. 

However, on reports linking him to the Liverpool job, the Spaniard said in a press conference he is not yet thinking about the "next step".

He said: "To be honest I am not in this moment thinking about the next step. I am thinking about where I am right now and I think I am in a great place which I enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

However, on reports linking him to the Liverpool job, the Spaniard said in a press conference he is not yet thinking about the "next step".

He said: "To be honest I am not in this moment thinking about the next step. I am thinking about where I am right now and I think I am in a great place which I enjoy.

So he is thinking about being Unveiled on 01/07 

Im also being made redundant this day- Make it so. 

24 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I like Spaletti a lot but I couldn't see us appointing someone in their mid 60s. The Napoli title also had a whiff of (and fair play if it was) the top of the mountain being reached for him. Not sure he could be arsed trying to do it again elsewhere.

I think he'll manage Fiorentina next (to be close to his home) then call it a day. 

didnt he take the italian national team at the start of the season? 

39 minutes ago, Tenfolder said:

It's definitely going to be a hard act to follow for whoever comes in, a lot of players with a big wedge of loyalty to Klopp to.

Alonso is number 1 for me but given the lure of Real Madrid I can easily see him headed that way so am not getting my hopes up in that respect.

RDZ isn't a terrible shout, has a pretty cool personality(albeit still uses a translator for a lot of his stuff) and he's also on record as saying he doesn't like 80% of prem refs so yah know.... I would however question his will to stick it out if things dont entirely work out for him in reasonably short order.

If you want a left field pick from me, Luciano Spalletti might be a good shout.

Surely de zerbi's struggles with English precludes him from the job? In the modern age, the ability to communicate to the media as much as the players is so important. It's a big part of the job. 

1 hour ago, Einch said:

What about Code?

Good shout.

But maybe they spring a rabbit out of the hat, Thiago player manager.

If Deschamps bring MBappe with him, Id take him as well. 

55 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

To be fair, what's he going to say? "Fuck yeah I'd love to go to Liverpool in the summer" ?

Not sure why no one is mentioning Ange Postecoglu. I'd be very happy with Xabi obviously, but a former great player who has had a good start to his career based on other recent examples is still a huge risk.

I get Ange hasn't really got an incredible resume either but he's very experienced. But primarily, he has a clear style of play, he's a fantastic communicator, but numero uno is his best managerial quality is he's an elite man manager who's a dominant force of personality, and that's something he shares stylistically with Klopp. De Zerbi is more tactically obsessed even though I'm sure he's a good man manager, but Lallana clarified the difference between him and Klopp.

24 minutes ago, Dundalis said:

Not sure why no one is mentioning Ange Postecoglu. I'd be very happy with Xabi obviously, but a former great player who has had a good start to his career based on other recent examples is still a huge risk.

I get Ange hasn't really got an incredible resume either but he's very experienced. But primarily, he has a clear style of play, he's a fantastic communicator, but numero uno is his best managerial quality is he's an elite man manager who's a dominant force of personality, and that's something he shares stylistically with Klopp. De Zerbi is more tactically obsessed even though I'm sure he's a good man manager, but Lallana clarified the difference between him and Klopp.

Wut?

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

That’s about as close to “of course I would fucking take it” as possible while under contract with your team at the top of the table.