You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm skittish about judging performances in the Bundesliga given it's so shit. Same goes for players.

I don't necessarily disagree but who else would be anywhere close to being as accepted by the fans?

Just now, Remmie said:

I don't necessarily disagree but who else would be anywhere close to being as accepted by the fans?

Yep, I honestly don't know. There's also the issue of anyone who comes wanting to be given a budget I suspect. I reckon a few players will want to leave now Klopp goes, certainly Salah I suspect. 

Xabi is absolutely perfect for us.

Knows the club

Multilingual

Best football brain I've seen for us

Winning experience with multiple clubs

Already proven his worth in a big league 

Will be hugely disappointed if we aren't doing everything in our power to convince him to take over.

Edit: If he says no (wants to honor his contract or is Real-bound), we can start looking elsewhere. Point is, there shouldn't be a search. Just approach him and Leverkusen straight up.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lebron said:

Xabi is absolutely perfect for us.

Knows the club

Multilingual

Best football brain I've seen for us

Winning experience with multiple clubs

Already proven his worth in a big league 

Will be hugely disappointed if we aren't doing everything in our power to convince him to take over.

Edit: If he says no (wants to honor his contract or is Real-bound), we can start looking elsewhere. Point is, there shouldn't be a search. Just approach him and Leverkusen straight up.

Xabi is a step ahead as always, he has in his contract he can leave if three clubs come in for him, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. 

Tuchel is 50/1. If they lose the title to Leverkusen and we don't get Xabi I reckon that's a real possibility. 

Oddschecker have:

Xabi - 8/11

De Zerbi 4/1

Nagelsmann 9/1

Ljinders 12/1

Zidane 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Gerrard 22/1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Tuchel is 50/1. If they lose the title to Leverkusen and we don't get Xabi I reckon that's a real possibility. 

Oddschecker have:

Xabi - 8/11

De Zerbi 4/1

Nagelsmann 9/1

Ljinders 12/1

Zidane 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Gerrard 22/1

Nagelsmann’s like a character in a 1990s American sitcom who carries out a responsible job like a doctor or lawyer with great distinction despite being eleven.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Oddschecker have:

Xabi - 8/11

De Zerbi 4/1

Nagelsmann 9/1

Ljinders 12/1

Zidane 16/1

Luis Enrique 16/1

Gerrard 22/1

I had one foot out the door on this game even before this - any of those absolute fucktards except Xabi and thats the end.

• Upvote 3

The thing is the tactically cutthroat nature of the league is going to make it hard for anyone. Xabi will have the personality to ride out some of that learning curve, but he will probably go through some arteta style teething issues on the way.

But he's someone people will get behind, whether they stay behind him is hard to tell.

Zidane would be an interesting one. Personality wise I couldn't see him fitting but I do think he's pretty sharp and we have the tools he'd need. Seeing him deck Guardiola would be pretty funny too.

15 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Did you think the same when we signed Jurgen ?

We had far less to lose then, as a club and a team the only way was up. If we don't make the right move next we're fucked.

25 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Roberto De Zerbi or someone of that ilk. 

I like him, but I don't think he's quite there tbh. He isn't close in terms of how Klopp manages games. Would need a very good Krawietz replacement