You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

6 hours ago, etho said:

I'm actually really pissed off at the coverage he's getting from little virgins on twitter after 30 mins of pre season footy. I've no doubts about him, just let him breathe and develop. Feels like there's a desperation from other teams fans to see him fail

It’s mad the amount the other fans are hoping he fails. He hadn’t even kicked a ball for us and I had some of my football group chats going mental. Then the videos of him in training and the games gave them more fuel even though they omitted all the good things he’s done. The Liverpool fans in the groups didn’t bite. 

I hate this ‘banter’ shite that seems to permeate modern football. It all well and good on this forum but I wouldn’t be messaging my mates / fans of other teams trying to goad them into responses it’s just a bit sad really.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

It’s mad the amount the other fans are hoping he fails. He hadn’t even kicked a ball for us and I had some of my football group chats going mental. Then the videos of him in training and the games gave them more fuel even though they omitted all the good things he’s done. The Liverpool fans in the groups didn’t bite. 

I hate this ‘banter’ shite that seems to permeate modern football. It all well and good on this forum but I wouldn’t be messaging my mates / fans of other teams trying to goad them into responses it’s just a bit sad really.

Do any of us care how Haaland does in friendlies? I certainly couldn't and couldn't even tell you who City are playing in any games before the Charity Shield.

It is very sad indeed.

• Upvote 2

They're was a 5 min clip of torres posted on the cess pit that is twitter, his first game in 07, and it was a carbon copy of nuñez yesterday. Few poor touches,fell over the ball once, the usual. It really is getting worse, this hysterical fannyitis by some of our fans, but the "banter" from opposition virgins is utterly embarrassing. 

Klopp was having to answer questions about Nunez even BEFORE yesterday's game. So basically, 30 minutes of a friendly which included him missing a chance, and that was enough for Klopp to be getting asked if he is "worried" about him. Utterly fucking bonkers.

15 hours ago, dave u said:

Klopp was having to answer questions about Nunez even BEFORE yesterday's game. So basically, 30 minutes of a friendly which included him missing a chance, and that was enough for Klopp to be getting asked if he is "worried" about him. Utterly fucking bonkers.

They should just fuck off the journalists asking questions like that. 

17 hours ago, dave u said:

His response was hilarious though. 

From what I see on Twitter, it’s mostly mancs, acting like jilted ex’s, acting with “We never wanted him anyway, looks he’s shit / I never wanted her anyway, she’s got  ugly ankles” syndrome. 

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

His response was hilarious though. 

From what I see on Twitter, it’s mostly mancs, acting like jilted ex’s, acting with “We never wanted him anyway, looks he’s shit / I never wanted her anyway, she’s got  ugly ankles” syndrome. 

Blues all over it as well because he hasn't scored yet. The same blues who played Rondon against Arsenal. 

I've not watched any friendlies it just doesn't interest me. Where has he played when he's come on, has he been pressing is he part of the buildup or is he clinging to opposite defenders. Have we changed anything that stands out. I know we don't really see shit anyway until after their fitness camp in Austria or wherever usually.

1 hour ago, Jennings said:

I am brilliant at spotting good players in a short space of time. Its a gift. A modern day Geoff Twentyman if you like.

This fella has underwhelmed so far. 

I am predicting <12 goals this season.

Go nuts!

Are your judgement based on the 100+ official games he’s played at senior level, or the 45 mins of preseason action he’s seen for us as part of a 2-3 sessions a day training regime that is designed

to prepare you for the season ahead, meaning basically the opposite of preparing you for a competitive match during the same spell.

I’d definately go for the latter, but I’ve haven’t seen a second of it. Also I dont have your special gift, so I’ll just have to trust you on this.