You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

2 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Less than twelve Prem. goals is my prediction. Let’s hear yours.

I am prepared to fight any of the out of shape older posters over this.  I mean…except the big fuckers obvs. 

Think 12 is a good under/over target. 

Think he will get a rest at some point as it's a big step up to play for Klopp and in England physically and mentally. 12 league goals, maybe 18 in all comps wouldn't be a bad return if Mo gets his normal 20 amd the likes of Jota,Diaz and Bobby are 10+(all comps). You'd maybe expect a few more from midfield especially whoever plays on that RCM spot

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I am prepared to fight any of the out of shape older posters over this.  I mean…except the big fuckers obvs. 

34 Prem goals for me.

46 and 70kg, so hopefully rules me out of the fighting?

• Upvote 1

Only just watched the video of his goals. The finishing seemed quite scrawpy or bad keeping or it just looks that way because of his technique. It felt like he had more time on the ball to get off a shot than you usually expect. Watching his past goals though a lot of them are like that I don't know if it's just his technique it's deceiving. He knows where the target is and how to hit it. Can't wait to see how he does over the season.

16 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Only just watched the video of his goals. The finishing seemed quite scrawpy or bad keeping or it just looks that way because of his technique. It felt like he had more time on the ball to get off a shot than you usually expect. Watching his past goals though a lot of them are like that I don't know if it's just his technique it's deceiving. He knows where the target is and how to hit it. Can't wait to see how he does over the season.

Emre Can was a bit like that. Felt like it took him an extra second to execute a pass or a shot.

Against not too shabby an opposition he could easily have scored 6 in 120 mins of football. Arguably that could be as high as 8-10. That is impressive at any level of football.

That said, I don't see many teams playing a high line against us so that will possibly challenge him in a different way. I could see him getting 12 or more goals though this season. 

From the little I saw yesterday I reckon he’ll bring a few new things. Far more direct than Bobby, and will be more of a threat inside the box. But also likes to drift wide to the left, seemed like he swapped positions with Diaz a couple of times.

We’ll create a lot of chances and I reckon he will be there to score more than his fair share of them. As he’ll probably play further forwards than Bobby, will we maybe see less goals from Salah as a result? Remains to be seen I guess, the main thing is I think we should score more in total with him in the team.

That said we have a crazy schedule, and he’ll probably not play everything. So 18 league goals it is then, which will put him 6 behind Salah. (As the latter will play more or less all league games, and be on penalties)

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Get your point but I will take scrappy, scuffed, deflected  any day over  point blankers straight at the keeper  we we have a habit of doing. A bit of Titi Camara randomness or a Smicer scuff can stop opposition stoppers from having worldies with us . Was going to include mad Eric in that but then again not sure if he actually scored  even a shank. 

On Titi have to tell this story . Was sitting in paddock half way line pass out from the back pinged at him , reached out with his right foot took the pass down , I turned to guy sitting beside me nodded approval at sublime skill. Anyway under no pressure Titi sets off towards the opposition goal and from a standing start knocks ball  out for throw in, straight out 90 degrees to where he intended to go honestly I was stunned.  Sublime to ridiculous  in 3 seconds , you cannot buy that type of randomness. 

10 hours ago, Jennings said:

15+ for for me. 

20+ in all comp’s. 

I wouldn't be reading anything at all into pre-season games, good, bad or indifferent.

I'm sure he'll ultimately be a great fit given our hit rate with attackers since Klopp took over, but he's taking over from one of the best in the world in Sadio so it might be a tough transition for him at times in the early months. 

Hopefully Salah will be back to his best from the start of the season. 

Ooh, are we all making predictions?

I'm going to guess that he ends up the 2nd leading scorer on our team. Though I do expect that to be a very close-run competition with Diaz and Jota (behind Mo, obviously). So maybe 25 in all comps for Mo, 20 for Nunez, and 15 each for Jota and Diaz?

One of those will be half that, probably, but I'm going to stick with that as my guess as I have no idea which of them it will be.