You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Two years without seeing anyone faces. Fucking mad or what. 

I just hope it doesn't leave any irreparable damage to the minds of the children in their formative years. 

I've got two myself, 5 and 1. The 1 year old obviously won't remember anything but our little lad only started school recently and it's just odd. They're being thought by teachers mumbling through masks, they can't mix with any other children from outside their own class. During class time they can't even mix with any other children from a different table. Add to that there's no play centres open, you're afraid to organise "play dates" (I hate that term) for them because you don't know the etiquette, I really do feel for the little buggers, and they've to do all this because there's a virus going around that in all honesty, doesn't even harm term, fucking crazy. 

I haven't seen my own friends since March, haven't been out for a pint since Christmas, I haven't talked to anyone without wearing a mask besides my own immediate family in months either. It's getting monotonous now.......... 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Was talking to someone yesterday about this and was saying, if it wasn't for the media, app updates and threads like this, would you be any the wiser that you're living through a pandemic? I know some of us on here have had it, and some sadly know people who've died, but are we seeing workplaces and schools decimated by illness and death? Or seeing convoys of ambulances hurtling past the house? The realities - save for those horrendous images from Italy and Wuhan in the very early days - don't seem to match the apocalyptic, doomsday vibe.  

There’s going to be about 0.1% of the population dying in the UK right? What percentage do you reckon there’d need to be for it to be full on apocalypse?

5% and you’re moving into @Karl_b’s veggie garden with a shotgun and a CB radio?

50% and you’re eating Karl?

• Upvote 1

My covid app pinged me last night, I picked up the phone and touched the message and it just opened the app. I have a habit of picking up my phone when busy and just touching the message without reading it, then it appears in full and I can read it. So I have to assume it was a warning that I could have been in the vicinity of someone that has tested positive. 

Literally the only place I have been is the Liverpool apple store on Saturday. Damned nerds!

I've spent more time with all of my kids but none of them have any alerts so it can't be them. It would be nice if the alert was readable when you clicked on it, it doesn't even appear in the alert history. I think (as previously discussed) if it's anything that requires action then you get more information within the app. 

This image shows that in the US, there has been no second wave anywhere:

It seems like every state has a certain percentage of population susceptible, and then they reach a level of saturation which slows down the spread. If you look at the South East and London in the UK, it would appear to draw a similar picture.

39 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

My covid app pinged me last night, I picked up the phone and touched the message and it just opened the app. I have a habit of picking up my phone when busy and just touching the message without reading it, then it appears in full and I can read it. So I have to assume it was a warning that I could have been in the vicinity of someone that has tested positive. 

Literally the only place I have been is the Liverpool apple store on Saturday. Damned nerds!

I've spent more time with all of my kids but none of them have any alerts so it can't be them. It would be nice if the alert was readable when you clicked on it, it doesn't even appear in the alert history. I think (as previously discussed) if it's anything that requires action then you get more information within the app. 

I haven't downloaded it yet and don't particularly want to for this reason, I assume Cummings will be pocketing money from it and it'll be shit anyway.

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I haven't downloaded it yet and don't particularly want to for this reason, I assume Cummings will be pocketing money from it and it'll be shit anyway.

I think it's a good use of the current technology. It's new and needs a few little fixes but if I was likely to be coming into contact with any of high risk, I would appreciate a warning like I had last night. The more people that install it then the more reliable it is. I can understand people's concerns to a degree, balanced of course with fact that most people install apps that scrape far more of your personal information, and most people willingly add even more information to that. 

Even if the app was to order you to remain isolated, if you turn off your phone or even leave it on the couch they have no way of knowing if people then wander about outside. I do appreciate that suggesting people actually leave their homes without their mobile phones is like asking them to walk around outside without clothes. 

1 hour ago, Jedd Drudge said:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Some interesting guidance here...

25EFA837-FDA7-424E-985B-A96435536DBB.png

Mutual masturbation while physical distancing? Doesn't that just mean knocking one out by your self? 

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

This image shows that in the US, there has been no second wave anywhere:

It seems like every state has a certain percentage of population susceptible, and then they reach a level of saturation which slows down the spread. If you look at the South East and London in the UK, it would appear to draw a similar picture.

They’ve never got rid of the first wave!

"People who tell you we will have a vaccine next March or April are very deceitful". Emmanuel Macron calls on investors gathered at the annual Bpi France Inno Génération forum, to "relaunch , relaunch, relaunch" because it will" be necessary to live with the virus for a long time

I see the yanks are putting the Oxford vaccine through the wringer and have 'concerns' about the side effects, even though their health chiefs were reportedly talking about pushing through various vaccines without certain tests being conducted not so long ago. I'd be shocked if there were corporate/shareholder shenanigans afoot here, shocked I tell you. 

I haven't been home since February through this shite, all set for next Friday after cancelling twice, £98 Fri Sat & Sun in Premier Inn Lime St which is good so hopefully they'll be able to put it on hold for a few weeks as they have done previously. 

I'm not even sure I'd be able to visit me Dad in sheltered accommodation or anyone else for that matter, fuckin' shite it is. 

10.9% of all deaths in NI for the last 6 months are COVID-19 related. 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40057922.html

Covid-19 related deaths account for 10.9% of deaths in Northern Ireland

Covid-19 related deaths account for 10.9% of deaths in Northern Ireland An emergency department nurse (Michael Cooper/PA)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 01, 2020 - 13:39 PM
REBECCA BLACK, PA

Covid-19 related deaths accounted for 10.9% of all deaths in Northern Ireland over six months, a government statistics agency has found.

The Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (Nisra) published the data today relating to the 875 Covid-19 related deaths in the region in the last six months.

The figure differs from the Department of Health figures to date, which on Wednesday totalled 579.

The Nisra data gives a fuller picture of Covid-19 fatalities than the figures released on a daily basis by the department.

widgets.js

The department’s statistics focus primarily on hospital deaths and only include people who have tested positive for the virus.

Nisra used age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) for comparison purposes.

The Covid-19 related ASMR for March to August was 55.2 per 100,000 persons.

Males had a significantly higher rate of death linked to Covid-19: the ASMR for males was 69.9 deaths per 100,000 of the male population compared with 45.8 deaths per 100,000 females.

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

I haven't been home since February through this shite, all set for next Friday after cancelling twice, £98 Fri Sat & Sun in Premier Inn Lime St which is good so hopefully they'll be able to put it on hold for a few weeks as they have done previously. 

I'm not even sure I'd be able to visit me Dad in sheltered accommodation or anyone else for that matter, fuckin' shite it is. 

Mate meet him in the park. I’ll come and I’ll bring some cans. We can discuss Estonian refugees and the arts.