You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

21 hours ago, Mook said:

You've dodged a bullet with the Scottish Borders trip, multiply Straw Dogs by the Wicker Man then add a sprinkling of Deliverance & you're getting close.

Having seen the night life of Langholm and Duns on many an occasion I feel that if anything you are underselling just how horrific it is. 

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

A condom for your mouth. 

You feel the need to put on a dam I gotta question what your face is doing down there in the first place.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Stanley Johnson has been pictured shopping without wearing a mask. 

If he's not exempt, will he be fined? Or will the Cummings approach be adopted and a decision made to weaken the message, rather than hold one of their own accountable? 

Hard to say what will happen to him.

28 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If he's not exempt, will he be fined? Or will the Cummings approach be adopted and a decision made to weaken the message, rather than hold one of their own accountable? 

If Stanley Johnson is the son of Boris, he'll get thrown under the bus.

35 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What country was he in? 

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Assumption v facts. I agree with the assumption.

Do you think there were any un-reported deaths? 

It looks like this is assuming they are testing/recording nearly all positive cases during second wave.

Not sure I agree with that assumption.

How dare you question a graph made by....er....quite possibly anybody! 

5 hours ago, an tha said:

Interesting article this.

Paints a pretty grim picture - although probably a pretty realistic one instead of the usual 'it will all be ok when the vaccines arrive' shite.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/09/25/how-covid-19-pandemic-ends-421122?utm_source=pocket-newtab

That's actually quite a bit more positive in terms of outlook than I thought it would be. Getting a working vaccine out within a year- which they seem pretty hopeful about- is a hell of an achievement. Life approaching 'normality'- bar masks- by the end of next year is far better than I'd imagined-. Biden getting all the credit for a smooth vaccine rollout in the US and the gradual eradication of the disease would be hilarious too.