You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United (h) Sat 14 Oct 12.30pm - Esse Quam Videri

Gym Beglin

That's nonsense.  Switch the keepers around and that hits the back of the net.

Then again that's the difference in having a good shot stopper and a bang average keeper.  The good one wins you points and yesterday he won them a point.

It was a kick off the line he was rooted to, at the near post, from a corner, and fuck all else. The cunt got lucky. And that's about it.

• Upvote 1

He's a really good keeper, but can't help thinking that save has been overplayed. Came pretty slow & within reach, had to laugh about him 'playing it out to Jones '.

Mignolet has made plenty of decent reflex saves with his legs and feet for us , and if he had made that save yesterday it would have been ' f***ing hell , Tony's ma would have stopped that '.

He saves them 10-15 points a season while our goalkeeper generally costs us about the same amount of points. Spurs,City and Chelsea all have decent/half decent keepers who generally save them points too. This adds up over 40+ games a season. Southall was a prime example when the Bloos had their purple patch in the 80s too. Goalkeepers are now rightly valued much higher than they used to be yet we have spent a fair bit of cash in recent years and still dont have one. As for De Gea yesterday,that was an excellent save but probably all he really had to do and was similar to how Ray Clemence had to be in our great sides.

• Upvote 1

He is such a hypocrite. He parked the bus and then uses excuses to cover up his shithouse tactics, the very same tactics he hates when other smaller clubs use them against his own team.

This in one.

I feel myself getting angry when he says it when West Brom go to Old Trafford and do it and the shithouse interviewer never says to him “like you do”. I’m getting angry now thinking about it! He’s a cock.

That's nonsense.  Switch the keepers around and that hits the back of the net.

Then again that's the difference in having a good shot stopper and a bang average keeper.  The good one wins you points and yesterday he won them a point.

I'd be disappointed if Mig let a shot that close to him, hit at that power, go past him.   I also think he'd get severe criticism for it.  

Good reactions but that's what he's paid for.  Just a routine save for me, Clive.

This in one.

I feel myself getting angry when he says it when West Brom go to Old Trafford and do it and the shithouse interviewer never says to him “like you do”. I’m getting angry now thinking about it! He’s a cock.

And of course it would be nice if he was pulled up on it. Like last night when he said he had no bench to call on despite it being full of players who would hold their own in most starting elevens.
  • Upvote 1

That's nonsense. Switch the keepers around and that hits the back of the net.

Then again that's the difference in having a good shot stopper and a bang average keeper. The good one wins you points and yesterday he won them a point.

Totally agree with this. No way would Mignolet have saved that, dont think many other goalies would. Agree that Mignolet is not as bad as some people make it, but the difference between him and de Gea is 10-20 points over a season.

Totally agree with this. No way would Mignolet have saved that, dont think many other goalies would. Agree that Mignolet is not as bad as some people make it, but the difference between him and de Gea is 10-20 points over a season.

Yep. As much as we hate the fuckers they have a cracking gk who we wish we had and its no good saying anything to the contrary.

He's like every other goalkeeper in this medocre league: capable of the odd decent game and also capable of absolute fuck ups. You can think that he's Gordon Bamks and Ray Clemence combined but for me he's one of a herd.

De Gea?

Your nuts imo if so

He is a quality keeper who has won them double digits points for the past few years

He's like every other goalkeeper in this medocre league: capable of the odd decent game and also capable of absolute fuck ups. You can think that he's Gordon Bamks and Ray Clemence combined but for me he's one of a herd.

Fuck me I hate Utd more than anyone but to say De Gea is the same as the rest your mental! He’s the best keeper in the world now by quite a distance. He’s the reason they haven’t fallen deep into mediocrity, he basically kept them competitive through Van Gaal’s reign single handedly.

Oh the fucking irony of getting pulled up on punctuation by a prick that could not spell opinion correctly

Again, no punctuation. Unworthy of further attention.

Fuck me I hate Utd more than anyone but to say De Gea is the same as the rest your mental! He’s the best keeper in the world now by quite a distance. He’s the reason they haven’t fallen deep into mediocrity, he basically kept them competitive through Van Gaal’s reign single handedly.

I don't know about that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of pig headed bitterness.

Quite a few seem unwilling to acknowledge the quality in Gomez, Gini, Firmino, Salah etc because of previously stated opinions. I think he is quality and I like him because he clearly isn't too arsed about them. But happy enough for people to call him overated.