You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United (h) Sat 14 Oct 12.30pm - Esse Quam Videri

Gym Beglin

Incredible save that.  If you watch his left leg, it looks like it's leaving the floor to give spring to a dive, but his reactions are so quick, it doesn't actually touch the ground again.  Not only does he not put it down when he should, he elevates it to make the save!

Mane booted the wrong Manc keeper in the face.

• Upvote 2

Good performance, unlucky to not get 3 points. The criticism on here is crazy. Yep we’ve made a lot of individual errors this season but the actual performances have been decent. Even in the City game I thought we were the better team until the sending off.

We were never going to win the league with the signings we made in the summer so consolidating top 4 should be our aim. We’re there or there abouts despite some infuriating results. Onwards and upwards.

The criticism is fully warranted.

Summer transfer windows are to fix and address issues in your squad. We did as good as nothing about our squad. Getting Keita done means nothing if we're going to finish outside of the top 4 this season and will probably mean we'll lose Coutinho.

We needed first team fucking players, massive signings. A goalkeeper, centre back, midfielder and striker at a pure fucking minimum.

We aren't finishing above City, Utd or Spurs. We should have been challenging them, not fighting it out with Chelsea and Arsenal for 4th.

Never got to see the game but based on reports, we are starting to look like the side of 2011/12. In the first half of that season, we were creating chances galore only to keep hitting the woodwork, missing penalties or facing goalkeepers having the game of their life. The fact that this continued to happen, along with the Suarez ban, saw us begin to create fewer and fewer chances and still contrive to miss the few we did create.

Has De Gea ever played shit against us? He seems to pull off miraculous saves in every game.

Never got to see the game but based on reports, we are starting to look like the side of 2011/12. In the first half of that season, we were creating chances galore only to keep hitting the woodwork, missing penalties or facing goalkeepers having the game of their life. The fact that this continued to happen, along with the Suarez ban, saw us begin to create fewer and fewer chances and still contrive to miss the few we did create.

Going on the current patience/re-building model, Kenny would just be hitting his stride in his second spell here now.

De Gea's purely instinctive booting the ball away was as 'incredible' or 'fantastic' as a ful;l back stationed on the line getting a foor to the ball. Mignolet's save from the big cunt was also as instinctive but more technically accomplished yet garnered absolutely none of the hyperbole that the Spasnish guy's boot did. 

One of the great problems with the modern perception of the game is that, in the attempt to sell a mediocre product, football broadcasters and the clubs have gone into a marketing mode that employs hysterically over the top language to describe the most mundane of occurrences. It seems it is feeding itself into our own perception of the game.

I have no wish to detract from De Gae's goalkeeping abilities but let's not describe it in terms that should be reserved for summarising a long and satisfying fuck or a much needed power wank.

• Upvote 2

De Gea's purely instinctive booting the ball away was as 'incredible' or 'fantastic' as a ful;l back stationed on the line getting a foor to the ball. Mignolet's save from the big cunt was also as instinctive but more technically accomplished yet garnered absolutely none of the hyperbole that the Spasnish guy's boot did. 

One of the great problems with the modern perception of the game is that, in the attempt to sell a mediocre product, football broadcasters and the clubs have gone into a marketing mode that employs hysterically over the top language to describe the most mundane of occurrences. It seems it is feeding itself into our own perception of the game.

I have no wish to detract from De Gae's goalkeeping abilities but let's not describe it in terms that should be reserved for summarising a long and satisfying fuck or a much needed power wank.

I agree. It was a very good save, but nowhere near a worldy.

A lot of people on this thread don't seem to appreciate the  difference between criticism for a performance and criticism of recruitment. Every game becomes an excuse to repeat  heir well-rehearsed worldview ad nauseam. That is making this place almost intolerable.

The performance yesterday was pretty good, no more and no less. My only beef was taking off the entire front three. 

Beyond that, every player performed to type.  The midfielders were all either average (Can, Henderson) or good in spells, crap in others (Wijnaldum). Without a full-strength side we struggle to break teams down, and our midfield is not very dynamic - issues that we would have liked to be addressed in the summer but that weren't.

Quite good to see Oxlade-Chamberlain doing some positive things, other than that the only surprise was that we didn't concede a spawny late winner from a set piece .

When did we last score against thee in the league at Anfield btw? 

I was a fucking good save, regardless of power wanks.

Incredible save that.  If you watch his left leg, it looks like it's leaving the floor to give spring to a dive, but his reactions are so quick, it doesn't actually touch the ground again.  Not only does he not put it down when he should, he elevates it to make the save!

The best thing about it, is that he manages to cushion the ball straight to Jones for the clearance. Knowing the speed of the shot and the reactions it took to pull off any kind of save, that's remarkable.

That's why he's the best, because he's not just thinking about the save itself, but what happens afterwards. 

The best thing about it, is that he manages to cushion the ball straight to Jones for the clearance. Knowing the speed of the shot and the reactions it took to pull off any kind of save, that's remarkable.

That's why he's the best, because he's not just thinking about the save itself, but what happens afterwards.

I'm not sure he thought about cushioning out to his teammate to clear. I mean it was a good reaction save from a great keeper but let's not go overboard on it.

• Upvote 4

Positives: I thought Gini had an outstanding first half. I was worried for Gomez.. I remember Martial giving Clyne the run-around.. but he did very well with both Martial and Rashford. Salah was very good. Hendo also had a good game.

Negatives: The two Brazilians weren’t at their best. Can was mediocre.

"I needed my bench, and I didn't have a bench," said the Portuguese.

This is why players really, really want to run through brick walls for the Shitcoat.

He has a multi use bus - he parks it and also throws his players under it weekly.

Mata, Lingard and Rashford all get into 90% of teams in the league. 

Guest Pistonbroke

He is such a hypocrite. He parked the bus and then uses excuses to cover up his shithouse tactics, the very same tactics he hates when other smaller clubs use them against his own team. 

"I needed my bench, and I didn't have a bench," said the Portuguese.

This is why players really, really want to run through brick walls for the Shitcoat.

He has a multi use bus - he parks it and also throws his players under it weekly.

Mata, Lingard and Rashford all get into 90% of teams in the league. 

Lingard is bobbins. 

It was a normal save hit pretty much straight at him, side-foot with not that much power.  Gary Neville's hero worship act was bizarre. 

That's nonsense.  Switch the keepers around and that hits the back of the net.

Then again that's the difference in having a good shot stopper and a bang average keeper.  The good one wins you points and yesterday he won them a point.

My worry is we get keita then lose Coutinho so we end up standing still again.

That's the problem with the stance of refusing to sign anything other than your first choice. Even though I can see Klopp's point of view, it makes rebuilding take longer. Players don't have that long at the peak, so those who are really good will want to leave for clubs that actually win things.

Klopp has had the privilege two seasons and a few transfer windows without losing key players. It looks like that won't be the case next summer. So Klopp will go from only adding players to both adding new players and replacing those who leave.

Coutinho is approaching five years at Liverpool, and he hasn't got a single medal to show for it. 

He's a really good keeper, but can't help thinking that save has been overplayed. Came pretty slow & within reach, had to laugh about him 'playing it out to Jones '.

Mignolet has made plenty of decent reflex saves with his legs and feet for us , and if he had made that save yesterday it would have been ' f***ing hell , Tony's ma would have stopped that '.

• Upvote 1