You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Manchester United (h) Sat 14 Oct 12.30pm - Esse Quam Videri

Gym Beglin

Some people think it was a routine save.  Fair enough.

I think it was a brilliant, match-saving save... which if it had've deflected off his leg and gone into the net, would have been totally excusable.  In my opinion.

I thought Matip caught it about as sweetly as anyone could.  It was close-range, quick and curling away from the keeper.  I think it was top drawer keeping.  

That doesn't make him Gordon Banks, or Ray Clemence or Peter Shilton.

Credit where it's due to the individual.  It was the most influential moment in the match - ironically, closely followed by Salah fluffing the rebound... which he should have scored.  

That's football.

• Upvote 1

De Gea is something of a freak with his reflexes but he doesn't command the box or sweep as well as Neuer or Lloris. Regardless, him and Donnarumma are going to be the two dominant keepers over the next decade. Hopefully De Gea signs for Real Madrid and Donnarumma stays at Milan instead of switching to Juventus to maintain some competition in Serie A. 

• Upvote 1

He's like every other goalkeeper in this medocre league: capable of the odd decent game and also capable of absolute fuck ups. You can think that he's Gordon Bamks and Ray Clemence combined but for me he's one of a herd.

Yeah,Mignolet definitely is. De Gea is obviously a cut above. If you deny it you just look silly. Maybe not THE best but one of them.