You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

9 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Of course I'm the one who's laughing because I actually love brown smarties.

Weirdly enough I’m doing a 10 hour shift later in a place that plays that fucking station non stop, I guess I deserve it. Some solace for me as I listen to Africa by Toto for the seventh time in three hours.

Brown smarties is a euphemism,no?

13 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Another 90 mins for him in a pointless friendly.

The Dutch play Germany mid-week so there is no chance he won’t play all of that game as well.

Same as Hendo. He’s left out playing for 90 while Foden & Mount get little breathers. Hopefully means Hendo complete sits out Tuesday night.

If they played 90 minutes then sit out the next game, it works out ok. 

Big if, though. 

Virge: “Do I like the system? Well, I'm still in favour of 4-3-3 but I'm not the national coach and the national coach has a very strong opinion about it."

Van Gaal: “I know he has that preference, he always said this publicly. We already had this debate when I came here. The manager decides the tactics.”

Those Dutch guys. Even when there's no real argument, they can still find something to argue about.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is crazy that we have five guys who are the best players for their country - VvD, Robertson, Mane, Diaz and Salah.

City have DeBruyne and ?  maybe Pogba or Varane.

United - Ronaldo or Fernandes and ? maybe de Gea and Lindelof.

Chelsea Pulisic and ? maybe Kante.

City would have Mahrez, Zinchenko and probably Bernardo Silva.

For us you maybe add Alisson and Trent. 

Actually you might add Kelleher too, Ireland's players are shit.

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is crazy that we have five guys who are the best players for their country - VvD, Robertson, Mane, Diaz and Salah.

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

I'd add Naby and (if he actually played for them) Matip.

40 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Virge: “Do I like the system? Well, I'm still in favour of 4-3-3 but I'm not the national coach and the national coach has a very strong opinion about it."

Van Gaal: “I know he has that preference, he always said this publicly. We already had this debate when I came here. The manager decides the tactics.”

Those Dutch guys. Even when there's no real argument, they can still find something to argue about.

It's called overleg. Everyone gets to say their bit. 

Anyway, Van Gaal only started using that system because the defenders weren't good enough so understandable if Virg doesn't like it. Hopefully he'll get dropped for all the friendlies now. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Pogba is France's best player?

what-is-this-whats-this.gif

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, No2 said:

City would have Mahrez, Zinchenko and probably Bernardo Silva.

Actually you might add Kelleher too, Ireland's players are shit.

Mahrez for sure. Is Zinchenko the best? Silva not yet imo - but if so that takes one from United.

I don't think Alisson would be seen as the best player in Brazil and not sure many regard TAA as the best player for England - he doesn't even play that much.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Hopefully Van Gaal drops VVD for tonight’s game with Germany, give him a well earned few days off instead of flogging him again in a pointless friendly. 

The players don’t see them as pointless, though, do they? They want to play for their country as many times as possible.