You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Virgil Van Dijk

Paco

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Good news: He’s not been holding back.

Bad news: The big beautiful bastard is taking a minute to shake off the worst run of form of his glorious career.

This is when you sell. 

It's a mentality/concentration thing with him, not a physical thing.  I don't like the idea that Virgil is bringing this low intensity and big ego to training for LFC.  

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is when you sell. 

It's a mentality/concentration thing with him, not a physical thing.  I don't like the idea that Virgil is bringing this low intensity and big ego to training for LFC.  

You'd sell him? Seriously?

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Depends how much we were offered, but yeah.  32 in the summer, but that's fine if he has the intensity.  I just don't see the intensity.  Hard thing to find again when you lose it.  

It's good he DOES bring his ego. Players like him won't settle for being criticised for their performances, nor being in an under-performing team, so apart from anything else sheer pride ought to be driving him on to recover his highest standards. But the after effects of Pickford's wholehearted, FA-legitimised, attempt to leave him in a wheelchair will take a bit longer to shake off. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 11:26, Colonel Bumcunt said:

This is when you sell. 

Your sock draw smells like Blue Stilton cheese.

11 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

‘Worse than feared’ according to Joyce

Pulled his hammy apparently. 

I'm honestly non-plussed about this. He has been awful this season and the arrogance has cost us at times. That's not hating on him at all it's just a fact. 

The biggest concern is cover when either of Konate/Matip/Gomez inevitably get injured too. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Pulled his hammy apparently. 

I'm honestly non-plussed about this. He has been awful this season and the arrogance has cost us at times. That's not hating on him at all it's just a fact. 

The biggest concern is cover when either of Konate/Matip/Gomez inevitably get injured too. 

I'm the same. 

A month off might do him some good as he's been shite but two or three months and we'll be really stretched at the back.

Still our best CB and one of the best, if not the best, in the league.

Hasnt been as consistent as we’ve been used to, but still extremely important to this team.

Before the Brentford game we were the only team in the league yet to concede from a corner. That has a lot to do with Van Dijk.

Our defending as a team is really shit, mainly due to the midfield, and missing our best CB will definately make it worse.

• Upvote 2