You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

We simply can't afford to keep a fella on 150k a week who hardly ever plays..........that wage needs to be distributed elsewhere to someone who will help us.

If we had money to burn like that then I could see the argument for it - we don't and you just know that keeping Sturridge around on that sort of money means we have to miss out somewhere else where we need someone.

Just get rid and get the money paid out paid to someone who actually adds something

I'm not sure what's more surprising, that someone's actually bid £11m for him or that we've rejected the bid. I'd have bitten your hand off for half that.

I'd gladly bite Moreno's hands off so that he couldn't do that holding them behind his back to avoid a handball in the box thing that he does.

• Upvote 4

We simply can't afford to keep a fella on 150k a week who hardly ever plays..........that wage needs to be distributed elsewhere to someone who will help us.

If we had money to burn like that then I could see the argument for it - we don't and you just know that keeping Sturridge around on that sort of money means we have to miss out somewhere else where we need someone.

Just get rid and get the money paid out paid to someone who actually adds something

The scary thing is you could be talking about a number of players with that comment.

I'd gladly bite Moreno's hands off so that he couldn't do that holding them behind his back to avoid a handball in the box thing that he does.

I'd gladly bite off both his feet and stick him on a hover board. No cost.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool have rejected an £11 million bid from Napoli for left-back Alberto Moreno. (Chris Bascombe)

The Merseyside club have put a £15 million price tag on the 24-year-old and are awaiting bigger offers. (Chris Bascombe)

There has been plenty of interest in the full-back, with both Milan clubs exploring the possibility of a deal. (Chris Bascombe)

Sevilla are also considering re-signing Moreno. Atletico Madrid made a loan request last January which Liverpool rejected. (Chris Bascombe)

Moreno’s future will determine whether Liverpool sign another left back. Should he go, Klopp will replace him. (Chris Bascombe)

If not, Liverpool are prepared to go another season with Moreno as back-up. (Chris Bascombe)

But given the level of interest and value of Napoli’s opening bid an exit seems most likely. (Chris Bascombe)

Dom King Twitter:

Napoli have had a bid for Alberto Moreno rejected; Sevilla are interested, too, but won't pay £15m.

Two Premier League clubs have also inquired about Moreno. #LFC convinced they will get £15m for him. (James Pearce)

I'm worried that it will cause a bit of disgruntlement among the other players, imagine being somebody like Can, seeing somebody get paid double for less than half the amount of work.

Can imagine it pissing a few players off.

I'm worried that it will cause a bit of disgruntlement among the other players, imagine being somebody like Can, seeing somebody get paid double for less than half the amount of work.

Can imagine it pissing a few players off.

I am convinced we will get rid