You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

I didn't know about the London offices. That surely belongs in the modern football is shit thread!

I suppose it'll be a training ground down there next!

well having them there means we can say "yeah Liverpool is just a quick train journey from Central London. Here drink this" 

• Upvote 6

Despite the Virgil Van Dijk episode Liverpool have retained confidence they can secure all of Klopp’s first choice targets. (Chris Bascombe)

Liverpool are still hopeful of luring midfielder Naby Keita from Red Bull Leipzig in a deal which will cost at least £50m. (Chris Bascombe)

Monchi has forced Liverpool to considerably up their offer since rejecting a £28m bid a fortnight ago, securing a huge profit. (Paul Joyce)

On the Salah deal, the English media were often 24hrs behind Italians and 48hrs behind Egyptians. That shows #LFC are not leaking info.

: #RBLeipzig are eligible to play in the Champions League next season. (Bild)

So, we'll go in for Koulibaly as an alternate for VVD. Solid plan. On paper. 

In actuality it will probably go like this...

VVD mess up, so we switch to Koulibaly. We string Napoli along with a low offer, then an improved offer, but still way short of what they are asking. In the back of our minds we are thinking we will switch back to VVD late in the window, but in the meantime, let's look like we are doing something. 

By the end of the window we agitate Southampton and VVD goes elsewhere. We also agitate Napoli and Koulibaly goes elsewhere. Then we remember young Joe Gomez looked handy when he broke into the team before his bad injury. 

Meanwhile, on an expensive yacht somewhere in sunny climes, John Henry lights up a big cigar, Hannibal Smith style, saying, "I love it when a plan comes together!"

• Upvote 1

So, we'll go in for Koulibaly as an alternate for VVD. Solid plan. On paper.

In actuality it will probably go like this...

VVD mess up, so we switch to Koulibaly. We string Napoli along with a low offer, then an improved offer, but still way short of what they are asking. In the back of our minds we are thinking we will switch back to VVD late in the window, but in the meantime, let's look like we are doing something.

By the end of the window we agitate Southampton and VVD goes elsewhere. We also agitate Napoli and Koulibaly goes elsewhere. Then we remember young Joe Gomez looked handy when he broke into the team before his bad injury.

Meanwhile, on an expensive yacht somewhere in sunny climes, John Henry lights up a big cigar, Hannibal Smith style, saying, "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Who hacked Revs account?

Liverpools transfer negotiators must post on bargain bay on Facebook. Every time people put mobile phones or tv's on there people put shit offers in. My mate put a new Samsung 8 on the other day with a load of accessories for £375 and some minge bags offered him a take it or leave it offer of £120.

Liverpools transfer negotiators must post on bargain bay on Facebook. Every time people put mobile phones or tv's on there people put shit offers in. My mate put a new Samsung 8 on the other day with a load of accessories for £375 and some minge bags offered him a take it or leave it offer of £120.

I'll have you know my £120 offer was reasonable. £125.50 if your mate delivers it?

Despite the Virgil Van Dijk episode Liverpool have retained confidence they can secure all of Klopp’s first choice targets. (Chris Bascombe)

With the exception of Virgil Van Dijk, of course. (m0e)

• Upvote 3

With the exception of Virgil Van Dijk, of course. (m0e)

Liverpool will contact Southampton later in the transfer window with a fresh approach for Virgil van Dijk, according to reports on Tuesday.

The Reds called off their pursuit of the Dutch defender earlier this month after Saints reported them to the Premier League over an illegal approach for the player.

Liverpool were forced to apologise for their public courtship of the former Celtic star, an action for which the south coast club accepted and then dropped all action against them.

However, reports in both the Daily Telegraph and The Times suggest Liverpool’s efforts to prise the player from the south coast club are far from over.

The Telegraph claims Liverpool very much have an active interest in the £60million-rated defender and could launch a new bid for his services ‘later in the window’.

The paper writes “it remains to be seen how the player himself interpreted events and whether the saga of his next move has run its course.”

This is reinforced by the Times‘ Paul Joyce, with the expectation being that the Reds will make another approach this summer.

It was widely reported Van Dijk was keen to join Liverpool and play for Jurgen Klopp, and while the player has kept his counsel throughout the saga, he could yet help push the deal through by informing the club he wishes to leave.

Southampton for their part have no need or wish to sell the player, but would find it hard to keep hold of a player who no longer wishes to play for them and they could yet sanction a deal if the money was right.

Reports earlier this month suggested the club were seeking anything up to £75million for the player, and while the Reds would not go that high, a deal of around £60million could be struck.

Liverpool were linked with a move for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly but there’s no doubting Van Dijk remains their preferred choice and any move for the Dutchman would certainly be welcomed by Anfield legend Steven Gerrard, who said:  “I’d love to see him in a red shirt. I’m a huge fan.

“I thought he was fantastic at Celtic and I thought we should have had a go for him back then,” he added.