You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The Mirror stating that we've bid £37m for Koulibaly from Napoli. Even though everyone knows he's worth about £53m.

That sounds quite accurate. Get a quote for a player, tell them we'll be back in touch while we monitor the player, swoop with a bid of around 60-70% of the quoted valuation and watch as the whole thing gets blown up out of all proportion for maximum exposure.

I didn't, to be fair.

I thought about putting a bid in for him but when they told me he was worth £53m I decided not to. I slapped in a bid for a digital alarm clock instead which set me back about £12.99.

'#LFC continue to covet Red Bull Leipzig’s Naby #Keïta, whose side say he is not for sale. There is no interest in Aubameyang' - Joyce

On Van Dijk - 'That episode is unlikely to have run its course with the transfer window not even officially open' #LFC (Joyce)

'Sources in Italy suggest the final fee could be as much as £39 million.' - Joyce

'#LFC continue to covet Red Bull Leipzig’s Naby #Keïta, whose side say he is not for sale. There is no interest in Aubameyang' - Joyce

On Van Dijk - 'That episode is unlikely to have run its course with the transfer window not even officially open' #LFC (Joyce)

'Sources in Italy suggest the final fee could be as much as £39 million.' - Joyce

Van Dijk doesn't even play in Italy. I don't know who this Joyce is but he sounds like a chancer to me.

Don't do it, man. I went as far as doing a mock up team sheet and everything and then we apologised to Southampton.

Maybe whats holding the whole thing up is that YOU need to apologise to Southampton and announce you've ended your interest in team sheets

Maybe whats holding the whole thing up is that YOU need to apologise to Southampton and announce you've ended your interest in team sheets

Thew only thing we ever need to apologise to them for is taking six points each season from now on, the six fingered ****s. 

Keita will be this summer's Dahoud.

I appreciate the use of the word "covet" though. It goes nicely with other reports that we're "long time admirers". I hope we woo him, and other suitors don't take his hand.

I'm keen to discover which player who's not for sale for 12 months we'll make our sole midfield target next summer, while Keita is going to Dortmund.

It's ingenious.

• Upvote 1