You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Any optimism we build up will be slightly drained if we go for Oxdale Chamberlain.

Surely surely surely Klopp has taken one look at his injury record and walked away.

He's a classic West Ham signing. Not this summer, but almost certainly next

I cannot get my head round this link and more importantly reds on here saying this will be a good signing. Have we learnt nothing over the last 27 years of buying pure shite. You look at Chelsea going in for bakayoko for £35m and AOC is rated at the same price.

My head will roll into bramley dock if we sign this years Paul Stewart. He is fucking crap and wouldn't get near another top side. Please God, make us fuck this one up with a lowball offer

• Upvote 1

I don't see why Klopp would improve his injury record and every time I've seen him play in central midfield he's looked clueless, so I hope we get someone else.

I don't think he's had the greatest teacher to be fair. Look at the state of that Arsenal midfield for years, Wenger seemed to get lucky with Vieira and Petit at the same time, and since then only Gilberto Silva has been decent. Fabregas just went anywhere, there was no tactical shape to any of it. And now it's Elnenney and that Swiss head case, and Coquelin and the list goes on.

100m? It's laughable really. Do they expect us to really believe that?

On CB I think klopp will go for VDV if we can get him but if not he'll stick with what he has. LB also appears to only be a consideration if Moreno goes. CM worries me as we only have a link to keita and AOC and you'd imagine the latter is cover for a number of positions really.

The lack of alternative options being linked may be a concern or we could be holding our cards really close to our chests. Which based on how it's gone historically sounds implausible.

Plenty of time yet mind.

Hopefully it doesn't happen but worse case scenario with van Dijk is a transfer is forced through with a combination of player power and transfer fee, then Southampton kicking up an almighty fuss and a possible transfer ban resulting from it.

Risky transfer now I think.

If the right left back doesn't present itself, and it becomes a position we'd be forced to spend a good chunk of money, when really we'd like to prioritize other positions, then Clichy makes a lot of sense, assuming Moreno is off.

Clichy has good experience and can compete with Milner right away. The wages might be high, coming from Man City, but if he's on a Bosman, we could offset that with a signing on fee.

Sessegnon would have been an ideal understudy to Milner. And if we're going to splurge, Mendy would be very good. But if we can't do either of those deals I don't want to overpay for this position, especially if we really are in for the likes of VVD and Keita.

If the right left back doesn't present itself, and it becomes a position we'd be forced to spend a good chunk of money, when really we'd like to prioritize other positions, then Clichy makes a lot of sense, assuming Moreno is off.

Clichy has good experience and can compete with Milner right away. The wages might be high, coming from Man City, but if he's on a Bosman, we could offset that with a signing on fee.

Sessegnon would have been an ideal understudy to Milner. And if we're going to splurge, Mendy would be very good. But if we can't do either of those deals I don't want to overpay for this position, especially if we really are in for the likes of VVD and Keita.

Fair shout.

And the rest of you, lay off the Rev.

Enough getting all up in his faith.

People need to look at what Oxlade-Chamberlain could be under Klopp instead of what he currently is under Wenger. Smart transfers are all about the fit and he'd be a great fit in our style of football.

I think he'll ultimately end up signing a new contract at Arsenal, but he really isn't a bad target. Much rather Naby Keita, but AO-C is a decent alternative and would give us depth at a number of different positions.  

Talk about ignore the elephant in the room. His problem isn't lack of talent but like Wilshire, like Sturridge and at a stretch even Carroll, are, on their day very good players.

When they play.

Which isn't often

• Upvote 1

I cannot get my head round this link and more importantly reds on here saying this will be a good signing. Have we learnt nothing over the last 27 years of buying pure shite. You look at Chelsea going in for bakayoko for £35m and AOC is rated at the same price.

My head will roll into bramley dock if we sign this years Paul Stewart. He is fucking crap and wouldn't get near another top side. Please God, make us fuck this one up with a lowball offer

He's not rated at the same price though, he's £10m cheaper. The question is why would you want Bakayoko over him? He's one year younger than Oxlade-Chamberlain and he's had one good season, ever, and it's coincided with his team going through a purple patch in which he was about the 6th or 7th best performer. He's played in an inferior league his whole career and his value a year ago was 3 million pounds. Nobody wanted Bakayoko last season. 

Chamberlain on the other hand was considered a prodigy from the age of 16. He's was coveted by the world's top clubs as a teenager. He's played in the Champions League and competed at the very top end of the Premier league for the last 6 years. 

Even if you analyse them from a statistical point of view Chamberlain blows him away every season. Chamberlain has 7 assists from centre midfield and Bakayoko has 1. So why is Chamberlain shit and Bakayoko incredible all of a sudden?

He's not rated at the same price though, he's £10m cheaper. The question is why would you want Bakayoko over him? He's one year younger than Oxlade-Chamberlain and he's had one good season, ever, and it's coincided with his team going through a purple patch in which he was about the 6th or 7th best performer. He's played in an inferior league his whole career and his value a year ago was 3 million pounds. Nobody wanted Bakayoko last season. 

Chamberlain on the other hand was considered a prodigy from the age of 16. He's was coveted by the world's top clubs as a teenager. He's played in the Champions League and competed at the very top end of the Premier league for the last 6 years. 

Even if you analyse them from a statistical point of view Chamberlain blows him away every season. Chamberlain has 7 assists from centre midfield and Bakayoko has 1. So why is Chamberlain shit and Bakayoko incredible all of a sudden?

I've seen AOC play numerous times and he's always been shit

• Upvote 1

He's better than Ibe. Probably.

His name is worth £20 million of anyone's money. LAZAR - The Watford forums will be awash with threads about Lazar guided missiles, cutting through defences like a Lazar, (insert name of latest Watford manager here) ready to fire the Lazar.

• Upvote 1