You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Liverpool will contact Southampton later in the transfer window with a fresh approach for Virgil van Dijk, according to reports on Tuesday.

The Reds called off their pursuit of the Dutch defender earlier this month after Saints reported them to the Premier League over an illegal approach for the player.

Liverpool were forced to apologise for their public courtship of the former Celtic star, an action for which the south coast club accepted and then dropped all action against them.

However, reports in both the Daily Telegraph and The Times suggest Liverpool’s efforts to prise the player from the south coast club are far from over.

The Telegraph claims Liverpool very much have an active interest in the £60million-rated defender and could launch a new bid for his services ‘later in the window’.

The paper writes “it remains to be seen how the player himself interpreted events and whether the saga of his next move has run its course.”

This is reinforced by the Times‘ Paul Joyce, with the expectation being that the Reds will make another approach this summer.

It was widely reported Van Dijk was keen to join Liverpool and play for Jurgen Klopp, and while the player has kept his counsel throughout the saga, he could yet help push the deal through by informing the club he wishes to leave.

Southampton for their part have no need or wish to sell the player, but would find it hard to keep hold of a player who no longer wishes to play for them and they could yet sanction a deal if the money was right.

Reports earlier this month suggested the club were seeking anything up to £75million for the player, and while the Reds would not go that high, a deal of around £60million could be struck.

Liverpool were linked with a move for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly but there’s no doubting Van Dijk remains their preferred choice and any move for the Dutchman would certainly be welcomed by Anfield legend Steven Gerrard, who said: “I’d love to see him in a red shirt. I’m a huge fan.

“I thought he was fantastic at Celtic and I thought we should have had a go for him back then,” he added.

Yeah, it's not going to happen.

I think Oxlade Chambo would be a great signing.

He's already a game changer, and can only get better.

Wouldn't touch him on a free transfer on £30 per week wages with a bad shithouse dog aids infected stick. Sturridge has already used up the clubs entire decades supply of sicknotes and I really couldn't bear the thought of those two prancing around in the treatment room practicing groovy handshakes in the deluded hope that they could possibly be fit at the same time and putting a shift in, let alone, celebrating a goal they have just created/finished

No more wage thieves, thanks anyway.

While #Klopp wants a LB, he will not pursue Benjamin Mendy. Instead, #LFC could turn to Celtic’s 19-year-old Kieran Tierney. (Maddock)

Klopp doesn't seem to be in for a top class striker which surprises me. But the other areas all seem like they are in hand. (James Pearce)

Tierney is a top prospect, I'm surprised there's been no real signs of interest from us seeing as he fits our criteria perfectly. Mendy was a pipe dream. The striker thing sounds about right. I reckon it's a case of we sell Sturridge if we get a good offer them reassess our need.

Liverpool will contact Southampton later in the transfer window with a fresh approach for Virgil van Dijk, according to reports on Tuesday.

The Reds called off their pursuit of the Dutch defender earlier this month after Saints reported them to the Premier League over an illegal approach for the player.

Liverpool were forced to apologise for their public courtship of the former Celtic star, an action for which the south coast club accepted and then dropped all action against them.

However, reports in both the Daily Telegraph and The Times suggest Liverpool’s efforts to prise the player from the south coast club are far from over.

The Telegraph claims Liverpool very much have an active interest in the £60million-rated defender and could launch a new bid for his services ‘later in the window’.

The paper writes “it remains to be seen how the player himself interpreted events and whether the saga of his next move has run its course.”

This is reinforced by the Times‘ Paul Joyce, with the expectation being that the Reds will make another approach this summer.

It was widely reported Van Dijk was keen to join Liverpool and play for Jurgen Klopp, and while the player has kept his counsel throughout the saga, he could yet help push the deal through by informing the club he wishes to leave.

Southampton for their part have no need or wish to sell the player, but would find it hard to keep hold of a player who no longer wishes to play for them and they could yet sanction a deal if the money was right.

Reports earlier this month suggested the club were seeking anything up to £75million for the player, and while the Reds would not go that high, a deal of around £60million could be struck.

Liverpool were linked with a move for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly but there’s no doubting Van Dijk remains their preferred choice and any move for the Dutchman would certainly be welcomed by Anfield legend Steven Gerrard, who said:  “I’d love to see him in a red shirt. I’m a huge fan.

“I thought he was fantastic at Celtic and I thought we should have had a go for him back then,” he added.

are we really starting to leak stories in the press to unsettle the player again after everything that has happened? what the fuck is wrong with us. if we want him, shut the fuck up and put some money on the table.  

• Upvote 4

Paulie is currently busy on a phone call and asked me to pass on his latest scoop, we aren't finished in the transfer market yet, more signings WILL HAPPEN in KEY positions

Thanks Zeb. We all know how busy Paulie is at this time of year.

Luckily matthew has time to pop in now and again.

Kimmich is Lahm's replacement at right back, Javi Martinez very rarely plays midfield now and Sanches very rarely plays full stop. They could easily buy another midfielder.

Tolisso is terrific, would have been a great alternative to Keita if he doesn't want to join.

I forgot about Rudy too. Kimmich mostly played as a CM last season.. and surely they'll give Sanches more than a season to break in to the first team considering they paid €45m for him. I've only seen Tolisso once for France in a friendly (I think against Spain) and he was distinctly underwhelming, must have caught him on a bad day.

Paulie, can I share the info about the timing of Salah's medical to the non paying members mate?

I'd rather you didn't mate as it's taking money out of Daves pocket really.  They know where to find the info if they really want it

Paulie, did Macca go too soon?

05 Jun 2017 13:22:11

VVD is done lads.

05 Jun 2017 13:17:44

VVD is done. 

Cheers

Macca.

Who?

• Upvote 1

Liverpools transfer negotiators must post on bargain bay on Facebook. Every time people put mobile phones or tv's on there people put shit offers in. My mate put a new Samsung 8 on the other day with a load of accessories for £375 and some minge bags offered him a take it or leave it offer of £120.

i put a brand new 6 months nintendo 3ds xl with 5 games up for 140£ and one lovely lady offered me 30£

I jibbed facebook off but needed to sell stuff so started a new profile called Joey Joe Joe Shabbado and just go on bargain bay making offers on "NO OFFERS" posts and asking questions they've already answered both in the original ad and about a dozen times in the comments

• Upvote 2