You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Does anyone think we'll still get Keita and Van Dijk?

Even if we say Salah cost £36m, Van Dijk £60m and Keita £50m that's still only £146m that's without sales, with the CL and TV rights deal for the Premier League that's hardly anything spent still. We could sign them two and get a good left back and that would be a really good window for us then next summer go all out on a world class striker unless we do actually get Aumbamayang this window which would just be unreal.

Confident of VVD.

If, if, if, IF, IF (progressively bigger IF) Kylian Mbappe fancies move to England rather than Spain, LFC want to be part of conversation.

Bascombe

we might as well release our statement apologising to monaco and ending our interest in the player

100m? It's laughable really. Do they expect us to really believe that?

On CB I think klopp will go for VDV if we can get him but if not he'll stick with what he has. LB also appears to only be a consideration if Moreno goes. CM worries me as we only have a link to keita and AOC and you'd imagine the latter is cover for a number of positions really.

The lack of alternative options being linked may be a concern or we could be holding our cards really close to our chests. Which based on how it's gone historically sounds implausible.

Plenty of time yet mind.

100m? It's laughable really. Do they expect us to really believe that?

On CB I think klopp will go for VDV if we can get him but if not he'll stick with what he has. LB also appears to only be a consideration if Moreno goes. CM worries me as we only have a link to keita and AOC and you'd imagine the latter is cover for a number of positions really.

The lack of alternative options being linked may be a concern or we could be holding our cards really close to our chests. Which based on how it's gone historically sounds implausible.

Plenty of time yet mind.

Moreno is big mates with coutinho and firmino as well so klopp might want him to stay as cover and keep them happy.

As for Mbappe, seems very unlikely, but on the other hand...

He's a young player. He needs to play to be able to reach whatever heights he's going to reach. Real Madrid have a sure thing in Ronaldo. He's near the end of his time there, whether it's this summer or in the next year or two. If he goes now, is Mbappe ready to step in? Probably not. Don't get me wrong, Mbappe is a smashing player, but I doubt we will see the relentless consistency we've seen from Ronaldo, not until he matures a bit.

Real Madrid do not strike me as the sort of team that will give a young player the opportunity to play their way into form, should there be a dip - which there always is.

So, maybe Mbappe sees Real Madrid as his ultimate destination, but as a young lad he can play a few years somewhere else while his star grows and grows. He would still only be early/mid twenties.

England would be a great place to make the next move. There's a lot of money, but there's also a chance to be a main man and play, right now. At that point he has to consider who is the best man to play under.

Conte? Maybe, but how long will he be at Chelsea?

Guardiola? Would be a good choice, but how many players do City have?

Wenger? Traditionally would make the most sense, but the natives are restless about their manager, and how long has he got left?

Klopp? Sign here Kylian, sign right here. Welcome to Liverpool.

Any optimism we build up will be slightly drained if we go for Oxdale Chamberlain.

Surely surely surely Klopp has taken one look at his injury record and walked away.

He's a classic West Ham signing. Not this summer, but almost certainly next      

• Upvote 1

Any optimism we build up will be slightly drained if we go for Oxdale Chamberlain.

Surely surely surely Klopp has taken one look at his injury record and walked away.

He's a classic West Ham signing. Not this summer, but almost certainly next

We don't need him at all. Decent player in there but I'd rather a DM.

People need to look at what Oxlade-Chamberlain could be under Klopp instead of what he currently is under Wenger. Smart transfers are all about the fit and he'd be a great fit in our style of football.

I think he'll ultimately end up signing a new contract at Arsenal, but he really isn't a bad target. Much rather Naby Keita, but AO-C is a decent alternative and would give us depth at a number of different positions.